Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 179 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    You're celebrating BOP agreeing with you?
    Because he is right.

As was I.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    If by "class" you mean "economic class" then this is one of the few points you and I can agree on.

There are far less racial problems that people realize.
    There are far more economic problems that people realize.

Crime rates among poor whites is probably as high as it is among poor blacks.
    Crime rates among rich whites is probably as low as it is among rich blacks.

Education and a strong family unit is the pathway to a higher economic class.

I've made (or tried to make) this point numerous times.
    It's also mostly wishful thinking, so it's not terribly shocking that you'd agree.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Because he is right.

As was I.
    Neither of you are. I've shown you the different outcomes along racial, not economic, lines in multiple areas, but clearly none of it sunk in.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Neither of you are. I've shown you the different outcomes along racial, not economic, lines in multiple areas, but clearly none of it sunk in.
    Economic anxiety is what they like to pretend racial issues are truly caused by. But theyíve been operating under the pre-slavery mindset for so long they donít even notice it. They told poor whites that they were better than even the richest or freest black man. Itís nothing new.

Yeah, you're right. Things are going so well for blacks. Just continue on. Why try to change.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Economic anxiety is what they like to pretend racial issues are truly caused by. But theyíve been operating under the pre-slavery mindset for so long they donít even notice it. They told poor whites that they were better than even the richest or freest black man. Itís nothing new.
    No, but it's certainly old.

Maybe it's time for a change.

NNNAAAAHHHH. Why change anything???

It's also mostly wishful thinking, so it's not terribly shocking that you'd agree.
    It is wishful thinking. I wish everyone would try a system that works.

Get educated.
    Get a job.
    Get a married.
    Have kids.
    Stay with your kids.

It's worked for several thousand years.

Crazy me.

But, of course, as always, do whatever you want.

Yeah, you're right. Things are going so well for blacks. Just continue on. Why try to change.
    I thought it was economic and not racial? If things aren't "going so well for blacks," as your sarcasm here implies, then why should that be the case if it's not a racial issue? Is it all just a crazy weird coincidence?

Get educated.
    Get a job.
    Get a married.
    Have kids.
    Stay with your kids.

Crazy me.

You mean:

Get educated: so long as itís not college

Get a job: so long as itís not minimum wage

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You mean:

Get educated: so long as itís not college

Get a job: so long as itís not minimum wage

Right?
    You know what he meant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Get educated.
    Get a job.
    Get a married.
    Have kids.
    Stay with your kids.

Crazy me.

Several thousand years? Back when kids had to clean up after their woolly mammoth before they could head off to their Flintstones school?

Your weird perception of time aside, we've already talked about all of this. You cannot wrap your head around why each step of that process is more difficult for a black person in the US today than it is for a white person, and so you throw up your hands and act like they simply don't want anything better. You're an intellectual dead end, because you can't get out of your own way to figure out maybe you don't already know everything about someone else's life experience.

No, but it's certainly old.

Maybe it's time for a change.

NNNAAAAHHHH. Why change anything???
    If there's one thing conservatives are known for, it's the way they embrace and encourage change.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Economic anxiety is what they like to pretend racial issues are truly caused by.
    Itís not always an either/or situation (though in this case it is ó the Buffalo shooting was 100% motivated by racism).

Racial injustice in the US is a very serious problem. So in a slightly different way is economic injustice. To its shame, the US is rife with both, and in many cases they serve as a double whammy for lots of people.

That said, I fully agree that there are some (probably many) like BoP and Sluggo who would too easily discount racism by using economic class ó specifically the poor ó as the overriding cause of injustice.

Screw that. Racism is very real, and as often as not is the primal cause of injustice and violation.
    Last edited by Crovash; 05-18-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Because he is right.

As was I.
    The world according to Harry & Lloyd.

If there's one thing conservatives are known for, it's the way they embrace and encourage change.
    We like things that work and move things forward. We try to improve on that.

Page 7 of 179 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast