Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    How about his parents?
    Yeah. That's always a potential. There are a lot fo parents who lose control of their teenage kids and just give up as well as some parents who are actually afraid of their children and even trying to control them. Then, of course, there are those parents who will lie, steal, abet, and cover-up for their kids whenever they do bad things.

If anyone has had the experience of raising children in this day and age, you learn how tough it is to be a parent and help your kid(s) learn how to become a good moral adult. It sure as hell isn't easy and we all make mistakes along the way. I've also known very good adult parents who pretty did smart things, loved their kids, and were great role models yet their kid turned out bad for a various number of reasons. The temptations in life are vast nowadays and the influences of the internet, peer groups, the media, drugs, crime, etc.and it is similar to a mine field that kids today are walking through as they are trying to navigate through their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Yeah. That's always a potential. There are a lot fo parents who lose control of their teenage kids and just give up as well as some parents who are actually afraid of their children and even trying to control them. Then, of course, there are those parents who will lie, steal, abet, and cover-up for their kids whenever they do bad things.

If anyone has had the experience of raising children in this day and age, you learn how tough it is to be a parent and help your kid(s) learn how to become a good moral adult. It sure as hell isn't easy and we all make mistakes along the way. I've also known very good adult parents who pretty did smart things, loved their kids, and were great role models yet their kid turned out bad for a various number of reasons. The temptations in life are vast nowadays and the influences of the internet, peer groups, the media, drugs, crime, etc.and it is similar to a mine field that kids today are walking through as they are trying to navigate through their lives.
    The problem is you see a lot of these type of shootings where the warning signs are there for the parents more often than they are in other places. I get it. Its their kid. They don't want to believe that their child might have some serious mental health issues and is capable of this type of violence but intervention is key. If this teenager's parents saw the warning signs and did nothing, they're culpable as well. Again, I'm speaking in generalities because I don't know this kid's background that well but considering the nature of his internet history and his anger, I'm sure there was some signs there that he needed help and they were missed.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-15-2022 at 11:45 PM.

Already had another shooting. Houston has had 2 dead and 3 others injured. We are now at 199 unless there has been another one I havenít seen.

Rip to the victims...... 18 and just throw your life away wtf is wrong with this world....... 180 page manifest about hate. Like how do you get so angry that you can come up with that and to be so young and then to go and actually do something.

I just can't sometimes. This country needs to look at itself in the mirror and really reflect on what we have become. When are we all gonna realize we are on this floating rock together might as well make it as peaceful as you personally can

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Rip to the victims...... 18 and just throw your life away wtf is wrong with this world....... 180 page manifest about hate. Like how do you get so angry that you can come up with that and to be so young and then to go and actually do something.

I just can't sometimes. This country needs to look at itself in the mirror and really reflect on what we have become. When are we all gonna realize we are on this floating rock together might as well make it as peaceful as you personally can

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Incels are not normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post

Well, my point is that I have heard an awful lot recently about how parents should be responsible for their childrenís education and behavior, so I figure they might need to accept the reponsibility along with it.

Yeah, itís tough to raise a kid ó frNkly, always has been ó but goddamnit, if you are gonna have one, do your job (or abort).

Restrict the video games but not the guns!

To all those who think gun law reform won't fix this problem, what exactly will? Is it just something everyone has to accept will be part of normal American life? That we're going to have hundreds of mass shootings every year and we just have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    To all those who think gun law reform won't fix this problem, what exactly will? Is it just something everyone has to accept will be part of normal American life? That we're going to have hundreds of mass shootings every year and we just have to live with it.
    Talking about mental health but not doing anything about the actual problem.

Can you even claim to be free if you're not shooting up a school?

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Can you even claim to be free if you're not shooting up a school?
    Jesting about mass shootings. How classy of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Our country is making a big jest about mass shootings by continuing to let people be slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    It's my personal battle with myself.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Funny how when a white dude does a mass shooting they always arrest him peacefully.

Meanwhile a Blackman canít sleep without fearing getting shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Talking about mental health but not doing anything about the actual problem.
    Clearly there are really laws that should stop a lot of the people who shouldn't be able to own or use a gun but it is also true that a lot of law enforcement and the mental health experts are afraid of law suits coming their way when the parents fight their decisions. I think that most of these mass killers are mentally ill and have been seen and even treated for it. But some of them refuse to take their meds, others make themselves available for internet radicalization and the like. With some of them, the 2nd amendment becomes the boogeyman for law enforcement when it encounters the "shooters" rights to possess fire arms and fights the state confiscating their guns.

The entire situation doesn't have easy solutions. It seems straight forward to prevent a known nutjob or "disturbed" person from shooting anyone by simply banning guns. I watch these ads all of the time including right now a guy running for a city attorney's job telling us all how he was going to take guns off of the street. He'll never do it. People would lose their guns who actually needed them to protect themselves. Its like a circular firing squad, pun intended. It will never happen.

Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast