Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2677
    Poor Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Stories are, unsurprisingly, pouring in from people who knew the Ramos kid and witnessed violent, aggressive, and anti-social tendencies. The question now becomes, what do we do to find these people and what do we do with them? Because even if this kid couldn’t get his hands on a gun, he was probably going to end up raping and killing someone given the many stories about his behavior toward women.

Also, FWIW, Facebook banned Trump citing public safety concerns, but this kid was all over the Internet on several social media platforms including Facebook and various other places displaying behavior that actually should have raised concern for public safety.
    Trump was banned because of the misinformation he was spreading to his vast audience. Same on Twitter. Doubt this kid had even much of a Facebook presence because no one under 40 even uses Facebook anymore. I'm being metaphorical but you get my point. Let's be real here too. How many followers did this kid have on Tiktok or IG or SC? Maybe a couple of hundred.

I'll fully admit some of his followers should have taken him more seriously with all the things he was posting but how many times do we hear about a disturbed kid having a violent and aggressive social media timeline before he murders someone? It seems like its evergreen with every kid of the social media era who then goes out and kills someone or multiple people. The thing is a lot of their followers are kids themselves. They probably don't have the maturity or intelligence to process it properly and report it accordingly. Better yet, how do you legislate someone's social media presence?

Hershel Walker thought this was an actual solution. Does this sound like a good idea?

Last edited by metswon69; 05-28-2022 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Trump was banned because of the misinformation he was spreading to his vast audience. Same on Twitter. Doubt this kid had even much of a Facebook presence because no one under 40 even uses Facebook anymore. I'm being metaphorical but you get my point. Let's be real here too. How many followers did this kid have on Tiktok or IG or SC? Maybe a couple of hundred.

I'll fully admit some of his followers should have taken him more seriously with all the things he was posting but how many times do we hear about a disturbed kid having a violent and aggressive social media timeline before he murders someone? It seems like its evergreen with every kid of the social media era who then goes out and kills someone or multiple people. The thing is a lot of their followers don't take it seriously and given many of them are kids themselves, they probably don't have the maturity or intelligence to take it seriously to the extent it should be. Better yet, how do you legislate someone's social media presence?

Hershel Walker thought this was an actual solution. Does this sound like a good idea?

The number of followers a user has doesn’t matter here. Someone can have 12 followers and if her titty is out in a photo it gets flagged and taken down within a day. We’re literally better at taking down IG accounts of women who have OnlyFans pages than potential mass shooters who are putting up posts that should be raising major concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    There are no bills that will do any form of gun control that Republicans will vote on. They do not care.
    How are you brainiacs coming in your plan to take away the 350 million legal guns from US citizens? Let me know so I can tell my gun owning friends that you and your buddies plan to take their guns away. Meanwhile my son in Washington is looking into the kind of protection that my twin grandsons will get in their preschool this fall. But you go right ahead and take my friends shotguns, rifles, and hand guns away.

As for your asinine statement that Republicans do not care about innocent children being murdered by mentally and socially disturbed drug addled people, that just is a typical stupid statement by a liberal. The same party that wants to make drug possession and sale legal at the age of 18 and makes sure to protect the "rights" of the criminals who steal and murder people and use the proceeds to sate their drug habit, is obsessed with a single purpose to magically eliminate guns from everyone, even law enforcement.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 05-28-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    How are you brainiacs coming in your plan to take away the 350 million legal guns from US citizens? Let me know so I can tell my gun owning friends that you and your buddies plan to take their guns away. Meanwhile my son in Washington is looking into the kind of protection that my twin grandsons will get in their preschool this fall. But you go right ahead and take my friends shotguns, rifles, and hand guns away.
    I wonder what part of this you thought was a reply to what I said.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

The number of followers a user has doesn’t matter here. Someone can have 12 followers and if her titty is out in a photo it gets flagged and taken down within a day. We’re literally better at taking down IG accounts of women who have OnlyFans pages than potential mass shooters who are putting up posts that should be raising major concerns.
    You're the one who made the Trump comparison. The amount of followers mattered in his case because he was a public figure dealing out lies to over a 100 million of his followers on Twitter, friends on FB, etc. Not to mention all the people who had to see that retweeted or quoted garbage. That's why they banned him and before you respond BOP, I don't care what your opinion on that subject is. Nor am I interested in your strawmans.

You do realize Twitter and other social media platforms have report features for a whole bunch of language whether its racist, sexist, harassment, suicidal, threatening others, etc, right?

No the number of followers absolutely does matter. Someone with Trump’s follower numbers way out amplifies anything someone with 12 followers could ever dream of achieving.

You have to be willfully ignorant to think that it doesn't matter.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    No the number of followers absolutely does matter. Someone with Trump’s follower numbers way out amplifies anything someone with 12 followers could ever dream of achieving.
    Fine job missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You're the one who made the Trump comparison. The amount of followers mattered in his case because he was a public figure dealing out lies to over a 100 million of his followers on Twitter, friends on FB, etc. Not to mention all the people who had to see that retweeted or quoted garbage. That's why they banned him and before you respond BOP, I don't care what your opinion on that subject is. Nor am I interested in your strawmans.

You do realize Twitter and other social media platforms have report features for a whole bunch of language whether its racist, sexist, harassment, suicidal, threatening others, etc, right?
    Yes, and you do realize that social media platforms actively take down any pages in violation of their TOS without the use of the report function by another user?

You have to be willfully ignorant to think that it doesn't matter.
    I didn’t expect you to make the connection there. You’ve never proven to be particularly intelligent.

I wonder what part of this you thought was a reply to what I said.
    A lot actually. You talked about "Gun Control" did you not, binky?

Be real though: your true concern here is that poor Donnie got his accounts removed.

I didn’t expect you to make the connection there. You’ve never proven to be particularly intelligent.
    Good one.

But you're still willfully ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    A lot actually. You talked about "Gun Control" did you not, binky?
    I talked about Republicans voting against any form of gun control. You rambled on about something else entirely.