Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2677
    How things did end up playing out:

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I'm completely against guns but has there been any bi partisan bills proposed that republicans wpuld actually vote on?
    There are no bills that will do any form of gun control that Republicans will vote on. They do not care.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    There are no bills that will do any form of gun control that Republicans will vote on. They do not care.
    So if a bill was proposed that say outright refusal for guns sols to those with mental illnesses, republicans wouldnt vote?

I have to imagine there are a lot of things that they could vote on that at least moves it ever so slightly (recurring mental health exams, stricter punishments, etc).

So if a bill was proposed that say outright refusal for guns sols to those with mental illnesses, republicans wouldnt vote?

I have to imagine there are a lot of things that they could vote on that at least moves it ever so slightly (recurring mental health exams, stricter punishments, etc).
    Correct. They wouldn't be able to stop it in the House, but they'd filibuster it in the Senate and make sure it never even saw a vote.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Republicans basically want to build prisons for kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They absolutely would not vote for it. It would garner zero votes in either chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Republicans basically want to build prisons for kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Certainly how I've read some of their proposals to fortify schools.

I'm completely against guns but has there been any bi partisan bills proposed that republicans wpuld actually vote on?
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post

Natepro is correct. President Trump literally reversed an Obama era rule which would prohibit gun ownership for 75,000 people receiving benefits for mental health conditions.

Not only will they vote down any attempt at gun control centered around mental health, they are actively expanding how many people with mental health conditions can get firearms…

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Natepro is correct. President Trump literally reversed an Obama era rule which would prohibit gun ownership for 75,000 people receiving benefits for mental health conditions.

Not only will they vote down any attempt at gun control centered around mental health, they are actively expanding how many people with mental health conditions can get firearms…
    And don’t forget that they passed a law in Texas that cut $200M from mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And don’t forget that they passed a law in Texas that cut $200M from mental health.
    The last two times there was a school shooting in Texas, they increased gun rights afterward. I wouldn’t be surprised if after this shooting Texas passes a law allowing open carry on school premises.

The last two times there was a school shooting in Texas, they increased gun rights afterward. I wouldn’t be surprised if after this shooting Texas passes a law allowing open carry on school premises.
    They can’t really increase gun rights without forcing people to carry a gun.

With the legal age being 18, you could potentially have students open carrying on school grounds?

I'm completely against guns
    I'm extremely sorry to hear that.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And you have yet to provide a suggestion as to what to do. I've asked you several times, and will ask again. What should we do?
    I feel like you could get millions of guns off of the street if you did a nationwide buy back. Thousand bucks for every gun turned over. I don’t know if that’s enough money, but up it until it is. Invest in the country the same way that defense is invested in.

Stories are, unsurprisingly, pouring in from people who knew the Ramos kid and witnessed violent, aggressive, and anti-social tendencies. The question now becomes, what do we do to find these people and what do we do with them? Because even if this kid couldn’t get his hands on a gun, he was probably going to end up raping and killing someone given the many stories about his behavior toward women.

Also, FWIW, Facebook banned Trump citing public safety concerns, but this kid was all over the Internet on several social media platforms including Facebook and various other places displaying behavior that actually should have raised concern for public safety.