Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Noooooo! Donít do it!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    And there we go, Cease's Era is close to mediocre now.

He's powerful but I don't trust him and his straight fastball when it matters. Kopech is filthier - so is Gio as far as pitch movement and speed differential.

Same for Lynn.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Wait, the radio guys accurately stated the devastation between his fastball and change up.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    I was holding out too much judgment on cease until he played a better lineup. He tends to get knocked around by better teams. On a side note, this is a great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is a great team and it was one outing.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Am I reading this right?

It was the managerís fault on Monday for Kelly pitching the 7th inning and not being in the 9th inning.

It was the Managers fault for Kelly giving up 5 runs tonight in the 8th inning.
    Always

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This is a great team and it was one outing.
    Donít feel like I jumped to any conclusion. Still have high hopes for Cease.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Donít feel like I jumped to any conclusion. Still have high hopes for Cease.

me too

The straight fastball is my biggest concern with Hendricks. When he is able to get his slider over, the batter canít sit on his fastball. But, when he is having trouble commanding his slider and the hitter can sit on his fastball, the good ones will catch up to 98. When itís straight, it is very hitable.

Iíd love to see Katz work with Hendricks the create some movement on his fastball. Even if it costs a mph or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    6er dude , come in lol. Thats bad for keuchel

I seem to remember that he had a couple of guys struck out on on pitches that were called balls, including on one of Stanton's home runs. I think that the home plate umpire had a bad game yesterday and couldn't follow the movement of Cease's breaking pitches. With that Yankee batting order, you have to get the pitches that are on the corner or you are going to get hurt.

I consider myself pretty much a baseball purist most of the time, but right now, I am becoming in favor of an automated strike zone. Screw this.

Going to be a long weekend I think ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Am I reading this right?

It was the managerís fault on Monday for Kelly pitching the 7th inning and not being in the 9th inning.

Kelly wasn't the problem. The umpire had a lot to do with that inning.

Am I reading this right?

If I'm reading you right....Kelly was signed to pitch "6th and 7th"...What's he doing pitching the 8th??

Odds that the Sox get swept by the Yankees at home this weekend? I'd say - good odds.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    If I'm reading you right....Kelly was signed to pitch "6th and 7th"...What's he doing pitching the 8th??
    Who had the over that it would take til 12:50 PM for the attack by Bainsy on the use of Kelly?

Giolito to covid list, ugh ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

New wave is pretty rough. Wife and I were on the brink of a hospital visit last week. Hopefully he's through this quick!

-ill be happy with a split. Doesn't seem likely

Last edited by blams; 05-14-2022 at 08:17 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast