Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It sucks that Peraza has started so bad in AAA because IKF hasn't been good hitting wise (that was expected) but more surprisingly his defense has not been good at all.
    Two more errors tonight. For a glove first SS he still has a long way to go and a lot of convincing ahead.

Now why would you burn up King with the blowout? One inning is all he should have pitched! Those decisions are headscratchers!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Just a thought. We've all been wanting to upgrade at certain positions. Get ride of Hicks, Gallo, upgrade behind the plate ect.

I think we can agree this looks like the best team we've had in a long time.

This team seems to have a very special chemistry. Do u worry about messing with the chemistry by making big changes? Would it be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Now why would you burn up King with the blowout? One inning is all he should have pitched! Those decisions are headscratchers!
    who you wanted to use holmes chapman castro? why waste them..in a blowout... they used green loaisiga yesterday i guess they could have used peralta..

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Just a thought. We've all been wanting to upgrade at certain positions. Get ride of Hicks, Gallo, upgrade behind the plate ect.

This team seems to have a very special chemistry. Do u worry about messing with the chemistry by making big changes? Would it be worth it?
    hicks got 3 more years left on his contract no one taking that off the yanks hands.. gallo is gone after this year we need a catcher also not a fan of kiner falefa he is punchless at ss..

If the hitting keeps this up they'll win a lot of games this year and reach the playoffs, but is their pitching staff enough to win the WS? If not then that glaring mistake is going to loom large considering who was available this past offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    who you wanted to use holmes chapman castro? why waste them..in a blowout... they used green loaisiga yesterday i guess they could have used peralta..
    Well who is the mop up? The very last pitcher on the staff should have been out there.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Trade Gallo, Green, Gil to the Royals for Melendez.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

If it ain't broke no need to fix it!

I still maintain Gallo can be an asset. If he heats up (another bomb last night) he can be dangerous. He won't hurt you with the glove. Yes his K rates are high, but his power potential is exceptional. If he isn't hitting and Hicks isn't as well, thats a problem that needs attention.

C is always a difficult position to fill. As we discussed at length during the off season hard to find a solid catcher who can hit. I thought the Yankees made a smart move going with a glove first C, however he hasn't lived up to his rep. Give him a bit more time.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It sucks that Peraza has started so bad in AAA because IKF hasn't been good hitting wise (that was expected) but more surprisingly his defense has not been good at all.
    What's funny is that the two SS/2B prospects we sacrificed to get Gallo are actually doing much better than all our middle infield prospects the FO deemed were better.

The way our pitching has been, I'm leaning toward being perfectly fine with Treveno as the regular catcher, or split something like 60/40 with someone else.

All for doing whatever they can to unload Gallo and Hicks. Both are beyond useless. I would 100% rather have Gardner over either of them.

Tap into that plethora of minor league talent we will likely waste in the next few years and go grab someone like Benintendi. Or package a few of them and see if you can get Benintendi and Merrifield. Merrifield is having a down year, but he's been a stud for a long time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well who is the mop up? The very last pitcher on the staff should have been out there.
    i figure luetge is the last man in the pen but he was used the night before.. barring any rainouts the yanks do not have a day off until may 30 a long stretch of games to go...

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    The way our pitching has been, I'm leaning toward being perfectly fine with Treveno as the regular catcher, or split something like 60/40 with someone else.

All for doing whatever they can to unload Gallo and Hicks. Both are beyond useless. I would 100% rather have Gardner over either of them.

Tap into that plethora of minor league talent we will likely waste in the next few years and go grab someone like Benintendi. Or package a few of them and see if you can get Benintendi and Merrifield. Merrifield is having a down year, but he's been a stud for a long time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Gallo is on fire!!! And that's all anyone will talk about in the press until he's ice cold for a month.

They should really upgrade at least one of Hicks and Gallo
    Benintendi would be great

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    If it ain't broke no need to fix it!

I still maintain Gallo can be an asset. If he heats up (another bomb last night) he can be dangerous. He won't hurt you with the glove. Yes his K rates are high, but his power potential is exceptional. If he isn't hitting and Hicks isn't as well, thats a problem that needs attention.

C is always a difficult position to fill. As we discussed at length during the off season hard to find a solid catcher who can hit. I thought the Yankees made a smart move going with a glove first C, however he hasn't lived up to his rep. Give him a bit more time.
    Thats kinda my thinking as well. Just my opinion, but this team seems to have a special chemistry that they haven't had in a long time.

For an example, last night in the 1st inning when IKF made that error Donaldson came over to calm him down and Cole pointed at him after he struck out the last guy and said " I got you". They are all picking each other up and that kinda chemistry this early in the yr isn't something you usually see.

I think you can live with one of Gallo and Hicks underperforming, but not both. Gallo is hitting over .300 the last 10 games and he's always elite defensively. If he can perform anything close to his career norm, at the bottom of the lineup thats a big weapon.

I'd love Benintendi though

I could see Flo and Peraza ( if he continues to get hot ) coming up and playing roles on this team later in the yr. I don't think bringing an internal option or 2 up would change the chemistry of the team like making a big trade would.

With the way the pitching is performing, they made the right move going with a defensive C's. Maybe when Rortvert is ready he could help the lineup. I guess we'll see

Thats kinda my thinking as well. Just my opinion, but this team seems to have a special chemistry that they haven't had in a long time.

For an example, last night in the 1st inning when IKF made that error Donaldson came over to calm him down and Cole pointed at him after he struck out the last guy and said " I got you". They are all picking each other up and that kinda chemistry this early in the yr isn't something you usually see.

I think you can live with one of Gallo and Hicks underperforming, but not both. Gallo is hitting over .300 the last 10 games and he's always elite defensively. If he can perform anything close to his career norm, at the bottom of the lineup thats a big weapon.

I'd love Benintendi though

I could see Flo and Peraza ( if he continues to get hot ) coming up and playing roles on this team later in the yr. I don't think bringing an internal option or 2 up would change the chemistry of the team like making a big trade would.

With the way the pitching is performing, they made the right move going with a defensive C's. Maybe when Rortvert is ready he could help the lineup. I guess we'll see
    At this point, Iím just going to be happy with anything we get out of Gallo.

If Donaldson can get going, most of the lineup will be formidable

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast