Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Lets put this argument to rest.

Nasty Nestor is the ACE of the Yankees, not Cole.

Look at the numbers, its all there, and go back to April 2021.
    certainly hard to argue at this point. Nestor has been incredible so far

Love Nasty!

Hicks has to be DFAd to end this experiment.
    yanks will not eat the money they still owe him..

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    not hard to argue at all verlander coming off major surgery pitching as good as anyone in baseball.. and the reputation he has..that is why he edged out cole for cy young a few years ago..

verlander has virtually the same e.r.a. as nestor less hits to innings pitched a better whip ..less walks more wins...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    gallo is now over 200.. if he can hit 200 play great defense get walks and hit home runs i will be happy with that!!
    I'd love to see .225. If he plays like he has the last few weeks, I agree I'll be very happy with that for the rest of the yr

Same with JD, he's playing phenomenal defense and been getting on base. I think the bat will probably heat up more as the weather warms up

Hicks is the weakest link so far. The good news is that Flo looks like he's figuring it out and could easily do as well as what Hicks is doing offensively with better defense and speed

not hard to argue at all verlander coming off major surgery pitching as good as anyone in baseball.. and the reputation he has..that is why he edged out cole for cy young a few years ago..
    What are you talking about? I was agree with Nicky about Cortes being the best starter on this team right now

As far as the CY Young i don't remember them giving bonus point for coming off an injury. Nestor has the lower ERA, more K's and a significantly higher Ks/9

What are you talking about? I was agree with Nicky about Cortes being the best starter on this team right now

As far as the CY Young i don't remember them giving bonus point for coming off an injury. Nestor has the lower ERA, more K's and a significantly higher Ks/9
    nestor e.r.a. 1.35 verlander 1.38 verlander has given up less hits to innings pitched then nestor less walks and a much better whip then cortes..

instead of giving donaldson 2 years 50 million they should have given that to verlander

nestor e.r.a. 1.35 verlander 1.38 verlander has given up less hits to innings pitched then nestor less walks and a much better whip then cortes..
    the e.r.a stats are updated now after todays performance nestor hits t innings pitched might be better then verlander. all i am saying is when the season is over i still think verlander will be the better pitcher then cortes..

Love Nasty!

Hicks has to be DFAd to end this experiment.
    I certainly wouldn't complain much if Hicks was gone, but I don't think you are going to see them DFA him. He's tradable because 10m AAV isn't a big contract. They could either attach a descent spec to him or pick up 2-3M

The other thing is you could make him a 4th/5th OFer. Having a guy like that on the bench wouldn't be the worst thing IMO

Flo is very much looking like he's finally taken that next step and being able to recognize and layoff the good off speed pitches. Flo has always been a toolshed, the only thing that was missing was pitch recognition and more contact and that looks much improved to this point.

He's a better defender than Hicks, with a much better arm. Is more athletic, faster and has more power. Flo is out of options, so they have to give him a chance this yr and so far he's earned it. When Flo has been called up he's played well.

IMO, I don't think they can live with 3 guys at the bottom of the order hitting around .200. With everything else Gallo gives you, I think you can live with that

I don't think you're going to see the C perform much better than they are offensively. Not an easy position to change mid yr, especially with as well as the pitchers have looked this yr.

Hicks is getting on base, but he's not hitting. Not playing great defensively and really isn't adding much on the bases when he gets on. IMO that the guy that you can replace, especially since it's coming from somebody who has already played with these guys and doesn't cost you anything to get him on the roster

instead of giving donaldson 2 years 50 million they should have given that to verlander
    Huh, they offered Verlander 25m, Astro matched it and thats where Verlander wanted to be. Hard to complain about them not getting Verlander when he was the only pitcher they tried to get.

Kinda hard to complain about any part of the rotation at this point anyways. All 5 have been very, very good and make up the best rotation in the AL

That would have made too much sense. I can understand not wanting to give Verlander that much money after coming off major surgery, to an extent, especially if your budget is limited, but why give it to Donaldson instead? If you have the money to spend why not give it to Verlander? Whenever the yankees pass up on a pitcher it's almost certainly comes back to bite them in the ***. Cashman simply has no ability to evaluate such an important component of the game.

Hicks needs to go, he's hit for a 600+ OPS dating all the way back to last season. The Twins let him go because he was hitting for a 600 OPS for them. It's time to bring up Florial and see what he can do.

I agree I'd rather the $50 million go yo Verlander. That being said... the Yankees' pitching really could not be better this season, and Donaldson has been better with the bat than Urshela, though I am surprised about this. Sanchez and Urshela have been dreadful. Sanchez has truly been addition by subtraction. Also, the Yankees got IKF in the deal. He has been decent but not great so far. If they didn't make that trade, they would have had to do something to address shortstop. I'm not sure what the answer would have been, but all of them would have cost at least $30 million per. None of those guys, btw, are outperforming IKF at this time other than probably Seagar.

I was vocally opposed to the approach Cashman took this offseason, and I'm still skeptical... but it's not as simple as get Verlander instead of Donaldson. You'd still have to address SS and get Sanchez out of town somehow. I'm warming up to this deal as time goes on.

I'd have loved it if they signed Verlander, Freeman, and Seagar. I think they'd have a dominant team if that was their offseason. In fairness though, that would have been one of the most expensive offseasons of all time, and that's a little much to expect from your front office. It's not my money.

Strictly talking about the Yankees Twins trade vs get Verlander and call it a day... I would have said get Verlander at the beginning of this season. I feel differently now. I acknowledge that could easily change if IKF and Donaldson flop.
    though. It's just hard to criticize something that has worked out pretty well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    That would have made too much sense. I can understand not wanting to give Verlander that much money after coming off major surgery, to an extent, especially if your budget is limited, but why give it to Donaldson instead? If you have the money to spend why not give it to Verlander? Whenever the yankees pass up on a pitcher it's almost certainly comes back to bite them in the ***. Cashman simply has no ability to evaluate such an important component of the game.

Hicks needs to go, he's hit for a 600+ OPS dating all the way back to last season. The Twins let him go because he was hitting for a 600 OPS for them. It's time to bring up Florial and see what he can do.
    It's not like JD was a FA, he was the cost to get rid of Sanchez(huge win) and get IKF and Rortvert. JD certainly isn't a 25M aav player anymore, but he's playing great defense and the bat is getting hotter. IKF was meant to be a stop gap, he's not great but he's a hell of a lot better than what we had a SS last yr.

We haven't seen Rortvert yet, but when he comes back it's very likely he's our best all around C. He a very good defender, strong arm and can handle the bat better than Higgy or Trevino (which I realize isn't saying much). Thats the wait and see part of the deal but if he pans out overall that trade was a win.

In the past I agree Cashman hasn't been good at finding starting pitching, but the last 2 yrs have been much better. We have the best rotation in the AL, Nestor and Taillon have shown to be very good finds( Blake should get most of that credit)

I don't know if Blake should get most of the credit or the scouting department, but they are finding undervalued pitchers and turning them into huge assets. They are being able to do that in the MLB, MILB, the draft and IFA. We are really becoming a pitching factory

They offered Verlander 25m, which was the only big offer they made in FA. So obviously they wanted him because offering that kind of money to a 39yr old coming off TJS who hadn't pitched in a season and a half is a lot of money. Verlander wanted to go back to Houston because he felt loyalty to Crane. It's not liked they passed on him like they very foolishly did when he left Detroit. They made him a big offer and he passed, not much you can do about that.

100% agree about Hicks and giving Flo a shot

Day, deep down I know Cole is the ace. Im just saying Nestor has been pitching like an ace for over a year now. I dont know if you ever saw Jimmy Key pitch with the Yankees. But he was the ace until he got hurt but he reminds me of Key on how he pitches. Key beat Greg Maddux in Game 6 of the WS vs the Braves back in 1996. Watch some game videos of Key and youll see why I compare Nasty to Key in some ways.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I cant get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast