Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Allen Lazard On the Move?

As you probably, Lazard has yet to sign his RFA tender. there is a new rumor going around (major rumor take it with a grain of salt) Lazard wants to go to Denver to join Coach Nathaniel Hackett.

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reported Tuesday that "some believe" Lazard ó a restricted free agent who's yet to sign his tender ó "intends" to play out the 2022 campaign in Green Bay and, then unrestricted, sign with Broncos next offseason.
    its Florio so again take it with a grain of salt but, again Lazard hasn't signed his tender, the packers just took 3 guys in the draft where there is smoke there is fire could he be on the move?

It does seem odd he hasnít signed. Obviously a big opportunity in front of him with a chance to be the #1 wr. Maybe he doesnít want that here.

Honesty donít really careÖ heís pretty easy to replace. If he doesnít want to be here then see ya. Thatís 4 mill we can spend to replace him. Really would like to add Julio or Landry.

Thought I read somewhere that Landry wants 20 mil

You can structure those deals to be a $4 mill year 1 cap hit though. I'm not a big landry fan for this team though. He's primarily a slot guy and we really don't need more slot bodies. Cobb and Rodgers are both slot guys. Watkins can play all over. Long term, I think the young dudes are outside guys, but especially for a guy like Watson, who's making a big leap in competition, the best way to use him is probably in the slot or in bunches and stuff to help him get cleaner releases.

Im a bit confused by the Lazard hold out though. It doesn't impact anything, so maybe nothing happens, but he hasn't been cray productive throughout his career. This is his best chance at being a featured guy. You'd think he'd want to sign his tender, try to have a big year and capitalize. It's highly unlikely he'll ever get this big of chance again.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    You can structure those deals to be a $4 mill year 1 cap hit though. I'm not a big landry fan for this team though. He's primarily a slot guy and we really don't need more slot bodies. Cobb and Rodgers are both slot guys. Watkins can play all over. Long term, I think the young dudes are outside guys, but especially for a guy like Watson, who's making a big leap in competition, the best way to use him is probably in the slot or in bunches and stuff to help him get cleaner releases.

Im a bit confused by the Lazard hold out though. It doesn't impact anything, so maybe nothing happens, but he hasn't been cray productive throughout his career. This is his best chance at being a featured guy. You'd think he'd want to sign his tender, try to have a big year and capitalize. It's highly unlikely he'll ever get this big of chance again.
    Yeah I really donít get it.

the only thing I can think of is he is seeing the money even some lesser WRs are getting, he has pretty much survived on 1 year deals so far in his career, and he just wants something a little more longer term and guaranteed than what the RFA tender was.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    the only thing I can think of is he is seeing the money even some lesser WRs are getting, he has pretty much survived on 1 year deals so far in his career, and he just wants something a little more longer term and guaranteed than what the RFA tender was.
    I see hqete he's coming from to an extent. But the flip side is he really hasn't been that productive. Sure, not great WRs have gotten some deals, but they've all been more productive than him. Kirk's worst season for yards is better than Lazard's best and Kirk has a 900 yard season to his name. Even MVS had almost 700 yards the year before last. Lazard's best year is about 520. But that could absolutely change this year. You'd think if anything, given the opportunity at hand, he'd want a 1 year deal and have a chance to prove himself into getting at least a decent deal in the future.

Basically, if you're paying Lazard today, I don't think anyone can justify paying him as more than a number 3 type of guy. But if he has a good year this year, I could see someone paying him as a number 2 type of guy. Maybe he wants to be in GB and they are hammering out a deal right now, but to me, Lazard has a chance to bet on himself this year with as good of opportunity as he's likely to ever get.

If Lazard takes advantage of this season, a payday is coming. But yeah, youre right, him wanting a deal now would shortchange him big time in all likelihood. Think of Pippen signing that long term deal that he almost immediately wanted to renegotiate.