0 0%
  • Both

2 28.57%
  • Neither

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gobert or Mitchell?

There was a Tweet from Sean O'Connell, a Salt Lake-area radio host:
    I know I am not usually @utahjazz breaking news guy, but a source close to situation has informed me that Rudy Gobert is at "him or me" point with Donovan Mitchell and will demand that one of them be traded in next few days. Doesn't feel they will win championship together.
    Rudy feels that his own numbers are consistent or getting better, while Don is D liability and is falling off in terms of explosiveness. Gobert also aware of at least 1 Western Conference power that would be willing to pay handsomely for his abilities. (NBA teams never tamper..)
    - @realOCsports
    Who would you trade? Who can get you the right return to start a new era? Would you trade both and tear it down to the studs?

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    There was a Tweet from Sean O'Connell, a Salt Lake-area radio host:

Who would you trade? Who can get you the right return to start a new era? Would you trade both and tear it down to the studs?
    Unless you get some miraculous offer for one of them I'd just tear it down and start all over. We gotta find a legit star and neither of these guys are it. They're both predominantly one way players although I feel Rudy is world's ahead on offense compared to Mitchell on defense.

But I would really like to see a complete rebuild. Get some high draft picks and move forward like that.

Tony jones who has way better sources says that this is all just BS btw. like it could happen at some point, but the jazz haven't even had their exit interview with Gobert yet. Also, he said that the Jazz have zero interest in trading Mitchell, but that its a 40/60 to trade Gobert. Also, if you had to pick one, it has to be the 25 year old over the soon the be 30 year old.

Gobert to Blazers for Chet Holmgren

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    Tony jones who has way better sources says that this is all just BS btw. like it could happen at some point, but the jazz haven't even had their exit interview with Gobert yet. Also, he said that the Jazz have zero interest in trading Mitchell, but that its a 40/60 to trade Gobert. Also, if you had to pick one, it has to be the 25 year old over the soon the be 30 year old.
    Not necessarily. You can get more for Donovan Mitchell to start a rebuild. Plus Gobert is a defensive scheme unto himself, so he might be easier to start the next iteration around.
    That said, I’d go the route of trading both. No reason not to use the strategy that has worked for other teams.

They will never trade mitchell even though they would get a **** ton plus because of this infatuation with owners and D-Mitch. Its stupid but smart... Stupid because they arent going to win with him but smart because your still going to sell out etc. Gobert will get you some good stuff but a 30 year old dpoy is going for how much this day and age esp when its a center? Ben and drum for gobert? resign drum... dmitch/drum/ben/bog/clarkson could make noise

utah should have really been all in and traded gobert for hiliburton

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    They will never trade mitchell even though they would get a **** ton plus because of this infatuation with owners and D-Mitch. Its stupid but smart... Stupid because they arent going to win with him but smart because your still going to sell out etc. Gobert will get you some good stuff but a 30 year old dpoy is going for how much this day and age esp when its a center? Ben and drum for gobert? resign drum... dmitch/drum/ben/bog/clarkson could make noise

utah should have really been all in and traded gobert for hiliburton
    After everything we've seen, some people still think Simmons is somebody's solution, ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    After everything we've seen, some people still think Simmons is somebody's solution, ROFL.
    its a risk but it could pay off. he is only 26 and has all the talent in the world and would be perfect next to dmitch from a basketball stand point.

its a risk but it could pay off. he is only 26 and has all the talent in the world and would be perfect next to dmitch from a basketball stand point.
    And just had back surgery. Recovery is 3-9 months before basketball activity can ramp up. So there’s a chance he can miss another season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, you'd be right if he had a head on his shoulders (which he doesn't).

IF (huge ask) he was willing to work hard, go outside his comfort zone and develop new skills like a floater, FT shooting, etc. he could be a true #2 on a contender. He could be a rich man's Bam.

Until then (which is never) he is a 3rd option on his best day which is not what the Jazz need.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    And just had back surgery. Recovery is 3-9 months before basketball activity can ramp up. So there’s a chance he can miss another season.

I expect him to milk it all the way to whatever is the longest reasonable timeline. If it's 9 months, then expect the full 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I expect him to milk it all the way to whatever is the longest reasonable timeline. If it's 9 months, then expect the full 9 months.
    i feel like he is gonna milk it as a career ender.

He still has eyes on landing in Cali and mostly LA.

Gobert or Mitchell?

Draft takes die hard

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You don't think he'll do the full Kawhi and come back for 2/3 of a season and play at his best ever for that next contract then fall apart again?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast