Fri, May 6 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

Glenn Otto
    RHP
    1-0, 2.89 ERA, 10 SO

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    2-0, 3.00 ERA, 27 SO

Gerrit Cole threw six scoreless innings, allowing five hits, two walks, and struck out six as the Yankees beat the Royals 3-0.

The right-hander looked back to his regular self, overpowering Kansas City and protecting the lead his offense gave him to earn his second win of the year. He now has 27 strikeouts in 24 innings with an ERA of 3.00 and WHIP of 1.17.

Sat, May 7 • 1:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

Dane Dunning
    RHP
    1-1, 3.81 ERA, 26 SO

Luis Severino
    RHP
    2-0, 3.75 ERA, 23 SO

Severino last outing he allowed three earned runs on seven hits and one walk while striking out four. He got a no-decision, though the Yankees did win 6-4 over the Royals.

Severino wasn't particularly sharp . He threw 95 pitches, but only 57 were strikes, and he gave up a homer to Michael Taylor. He remains 2-0 with a 3.75 ERA and 1.29 WHIP.

Sun, May 8 • 1:35 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

Jon Gray
    RHP
    0-1, 7.50 ERA, 11 SO

Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    0-1, 2.88 ERA, 20 SO

Montgomery scattered six hits across five innings, surrendering two runs while striking out five and walking none in a 3-2 Yankees win in Toronto.

Monty peppered the strike zone early and often, throwing 49 of 65 pitches for strikes, and not allowing a walk for the second straight start. Monty had his change up working away against righties Monday night and the only blemish was the 2-run 4th inning. Montgomery is searching for his first win of the season despite a 2.88 ERA and 1.00 WHIP.

Rangers are currently on a four-game winning streak and have improved to 10-14 in the win-loss column. They have won two of their three-game series against the Atlanta Braves and have already swept the Philadelphia Phillies in their two-game series.

Texas is a better team on the road than at home. They are 6-5 away from home and hold just a 4-9 record at Globe Life Field.

The Yankees are hot and on a streak. They recently embarked on an 11-game winning streak that was barely stopped by the Toronto Blue Jays.

The Yankees have hit a league-leading 35 home runs and scored 112 runs. They have a collective cut line of .248/.323/.424 and are in the top five of nearly every batting team category.

Their pitching is even more impressive and is tied for the league’s best 18 combined wins. They also sport a 2.60 ERA and have struck out 230. With the Rangers relying on momentum over stability and consistency, expect the Yankees to end the latter’s winning streak.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-05-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Looks like Gallo has his swing baaaack! You guys wrote him off too soon. Me and the Dr knew it was still early.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Fri, May 6 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

Glenn Otto
    RHP
    1-0, 2.89 ERA, 10 SO

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    2-0, 3.00 ERA, 27 SO

Gerrit Cole threw six scoreless innings, allowing five hits, two walks, and struck out six as the Yankees beat the Royals 3-0.

The right-hander looked back to his regular self, overpowering Kansas City and protecting the lead his offense gave him to earn his second win of the year. He now has 27 strikeouts in 24 innings with an ERA of 3.00 and WHIP of 1.17.

Sat, May 7 • 1:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

Dane Dunning
    RHP
    1-1, 3.81 ERA, 26 SO

Luis Severino
    RHP
    2-0, 3.75 ERA, 23 SO

Severino last outing he allowed three earned runs on seven hits and one walk while striking out four. He got a no-decision, though the Yankees did win 6-4 over the Royals.

Severino wasn't particularly sharp . He threw 95 pitches, but only 57 were strikes, and he gave up a homer to Michael Taylor. He remains 2-0 with a 3.75 ERA and 1.29 WHIP.

B]Sun, May 8 • 1:35 PM EDT[/B]
    At Yankee Stadium

Jon Gray
    RHP
    0-1, 7.50 ERA, 11 SO

Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    0-1, 2.88 ERA, 20 SO

Montgomery scattered six hits across five innings, surrendering two runs while striking out five and walking none in a 3-2 Yankees win in Toronto.

Monty peppered the strike zone early and often, throwing 49 of 65 pitches for strikes, and not allowing a walk for the second straight start. Monty had his change up working away against righties Monday night and the only blemish was the 2-run 4th inning. Montgomery is searching for his first win of the season despite a 2.88 ERA and 1.00 WHIP.

Rangers are currently on a four-game winning streak and have improved to 10-14 in the win-loss column. They have won two of their three-game series against the Atlanta Braves and have already swept the Philadelphia Phillies in their two-game series.

Texas is a better team on the road than at home. They are 6-5 away from home and hold just a 4-9 record at Globe Life Field.

The Yankees are hot and on a streak. They recently embarked on an 11-game winning streak that was barely stopped by the Toronto Blue Jays.

The Yankees have hit a league-leading 35 home runs and scored 112 runs. They have a collective cut line of .248/.323/.424 and are in the top five of nearly every batting team category.

Their pitching is even more impressive and is tied for the league’s best 18 combined wins. They also sport a 2.60 ERA and have struck out 230. With the Rangers relying on momentum over stability and consistency, expect the Yankees to end the latter’s winning streak.
    We have to punch this team in the gut! But Watch Semien start waking up. Dude has been dreadful so far. But he always kills us.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

with rain in the forecast friday and saturday games look very iffy..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    Depends if it is a constant rain or intermittent showers.

At worst a DH on Sunday.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

At worst a DH on Sunday.
    friday night game no way they will play as rain will start around noon tomorrow and continue into saturday.. saturday game will be rain round it may be light by game time so they might wait awhile but it will be a raw and nasty day highs in the low 50's with a gusty wind..

Looks like Gallo has his swing baaaack! You guys wrote him off too soon. Me and the Dr knew it was still early.
    Mush, Mush, Mush. Didn't you say about 5 days ago that he should have been DFA'd instead of sending down Schmidt?

I need to see a tad more than 1 HR before he's back, LOL

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Mush, Mush, Mush. Didn't you say about 5 days ago that he should have been DFA'd instead of sending down Schmidt?

I need to see a tad more than 1 HR before he's back, LOL
    This is a rare occurrence where I think he was joking.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This is a rare occurrence where I think he was joking.
    Lol, i probably should have guessed that, but i'm just used to the occasional revisionist history he presents

https://twitter.com/YankeeSource/sta...w-york-yankees

Those are Holmes numbers from the Pirates and then with us. WOW.

Add that to King, Lo, Wandy, Luetage and others in the BP. Taillon, Monty and especially Sevy and Nestor have greatly improved. Then you have to look at all the pitching that we have coming up from the MILB.

We can fault Cashman for ALOT of things, but Blake, Cressey and Briend certainly aren't part of that. They have suddenly turned us into a pitching factory after 20yrs of never having enough good arms to stay at the top, or being the reason we failed in the playoff.

IMO, they have to be in consideration for the best pitching coaches in BB. Whatever they are doing, they are doing an amazing job.

This is a good article about Taillon https://www.pinstripealley.com/2022/...source=twitter

Here something for you guys. If Taillon keeps pitching to the same level he has been since the 2nd half of last yr, do you try and resign him after the season? what would be your contract offer? or would you try and move him at the deadline, regain some of the cost to get him and give that backend spot to one of the kids we have coming ?
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-05-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    https://twitter.com/YankeeSource/sta...w-york-yankees

Those are Holmes numbers from the Pirates and then with us. WOW.

Add that to King, Lo, Wandy, Luetage and others in the BP. Taillon, Monty and especially Sevy and Nestor have greatly improved. Then you have to look at all the pitching that we have coming up from the MILB.

We can fault Cashman for ALOT of things, but Blake, Cressey and Briend certainly aren't part of that. They have suddenly turned us into a pitching factory after 20yrs of never having enough good arms to stay at the top, or being the reason we failed in the playoff.

IMO, they have to be in consideration for the best pitching coaches in BB. Whatever they are doing, they are doing an amazing job.

This is a good article about Taillon https://www.pinstripealley.com/2022/...source=twitter

Here something for you guys. If Taillon keeps pitching to the same level he has been since the 2nd half of last yr, do you try and resign him after the season? what would be your contract offer? or would you try and move him at the deadline, regain some of the cost to get him and give that backend spot to one of the kids we have coming ?

Yes, keep Taillon. You keep the overall top 3 draft picks until age 33……Taillon was #2 overall…..Only injury decides for you.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Taillon has pretty much been injured at some point every yr since he's been in the MLB.

His arm has stayed healthy with us, but is that really going to last ?

He will be 31 to start next yr. So Robbie Rays deal might be a comp considering their shared injury history. I doubt he wins the CY Young this yr, but if he continues to pitch around a 3 ERA that should be the equivalent of a 2--3 type starter.

He ll likely get 12-20 m a yr for 4-5 yrs. Are we willing to spend that with everyone else in the rotation locked up for another yr and about 10guys waiting for a shot at the rotation?

Oh, okay. LMAO
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post

I think we are looking at a DH on Sunday and a game on Monday,
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

At worst a DH on Sunday.

It is not just showers.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast