Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wxlves View Post
    I mean does anybody feel like this could be 2018 all over again??? Think that was a surprise to most of us overall. A team we knew could have a really good defense but really unknown what the offense could do and assumed it wouldnít be great but hoped the quarterback would take a step forward. Plus the schedule being just bad enough for us to skate by most games if the defense showed up.

Iíd rather us just be bad to get a high pick but in games enough to know both sides of the ball were going in the right direction. But the above 2018ish scenerio really puts us in the best position possible next year even without a high pick with the massive amount of cap space.
    Could be, but I'm happier assuming the bears are a 6-7ish win team lol. Expect failure because whenever I expect something good this team let's me down

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think the D should be OK. Its not as if the Colts were loaded with tallent. Its not as if the tallent here overall is bad.

The offense has to function.

If our offense is functional and the D is above average this team will be OK.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    I think the offense will be top 20. Thatís an improvement and if the D could be right around top 10, itíll be an interesting season. Bears get a few breaks and footballs in their favor, that could be a 8-10 win season.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Thatís not a prime time game.
    Without looking up ratings, I would think any thanksgiving game has more viewers than most SNF or MNF games, no?

I think "prime time" is defined as when Deoin Sanders is involved in the broadcast in any way.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2022 Offseason/FA/FO 2.0

America loves football on Thanksgiving, and the National Football League remains the beneficiary.

The NFL said its Thanksgiving games had the most viewers since 1998, highlighted by the Dallas Cowboys playing the Las Vegas Raiders.

CBS aired the late-afternoon game that featured the Cowboys falling to the Raiders in overtime, 36-33. The NFL said the contest averaged 38.3 million viewers across TV and streaming.

It was the most-watched NFL regular-season game since December 1990, when the New York Giants played the San Francisco 49ers. That game featured star quarterbacks Phil Simms and Joe Montana and averaged 41.5 million viewers.

Fox Sports aired the early Thanksgiving Day game that saw the Chicago Bears beat the Detroit Lions, 16-14. The contest averaged 26.7 million viewers. And NBC, which shares a parent company with CNBC, aired the evening game between the Buffalo Bills and New Orleans, which averaged 19.9 million viewers.

Overall, the NFL's three Thanksgiving Day games averaged 29.7 million viewers on CBS, Fox, and NBCUniversal. The NFL noted the trio of games were the most watched since the 1998 season, and viewers consumed a record-high 17.1 billion live minutes of the 2021 Thanksgiving Day games.

The 2021 viewership average is also up 9% from last year's Thanksgiving games, which averaged 27.1 million viewers between two contests. The third scheduled game between the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers was postponed last year due to Covid.

The 2019 Thanksgiving Day games averaged 27.4 million viewers.

The NFL said 2021 games were averaging 16.4 million viewers across TV and streaming platforms through Week 10.

The Cowboys have now been featured in four of the league's top most-watched games. They include the season-opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, which averaged 24.8 million viewers; the team's Week 2 win over the Los Angeles Chargers, averaging 24.3 million viewers; and the Week 6 win over the New England Patriots, which attracted an average of 23.2 million viewers.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/11/30/...ince-1998.html
    Last edited by Stunner; 05-14-2022 at 10:35 AM.

2022 Offseason/FA/FO 2.0

Itís not debatable by the definition of ďprime timeĒ in broadcasting.

It satisfies the requirement that every team play a Thursday contest. But it is not a prime time game.

But this is a dumb argument - just enjoy Kyben land.
    The NFL games on Thursday night are technically being considered to be primetime regardless if every team is playing . 2 of the top 9 most anticipated prime time games for this upcoming season are played on Thursday night. I think the only difference is level of importance of the teams playing but primetime in reality is any game thatís nationally televised and not those region based games at 12 and 3 . Thursday, Monday , Saturday and Sunday night games qualify as that .

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/2022-nfl-sc...ime-time-games
    Last edited by Stunner; 05-14-2022 at 10:45 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Itís not debatable by the definition of ďprime timeĒ in broadcasting.

It satisfies the requirement that every team play a Thursday contest. But it is not a prime time game.

But this is a dumb argument - just enjoy Kyben land.
    Lol man. A Thursday night game is prime time but a Thanksgiving Thursday game is not. A day everyone has off and is arguably more viewed by a national audience. But sure its not a traditional prime time game so u win. U admit it satisfies a Thursday contest too which is the nfl admiring its the equivalent .

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Lol man. A Thursday night game is prime time but a Thanksgiving Thursday game is not. A day everyone has off and is arguably more viewed by a national audience. But sure its not a traditional prime time game so u win. U admit it satisfies a Thursday contest too which is the nfl admiring its the equivalent .

Prime time is a specific chunk of time in broadcasting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_time

Donít be mad just because youíre wrong.

Devil's advocate:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prime%20time

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd definitely consider them all primetime games considering they are practically all that's on at the time of interest to a large demo of people

We've reached the point of the offseason where we debate about whether a game is primetime or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    We've reached the point of the offseason where we debate about whether a game is primetime or not.
    Itís almost that time for a Mitch vs Foles debate on whose better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the NFL thinks the same as you....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ons-looks-odd/

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Itís mostly new baby tired and exhaustion from boomer grandparents visiting and not helping us in the least, but **** am I tired of trying to correct anything that anyone says thatís wrong because apparently everyone is just going to stick their head in the ground and scream about their opinion being right. This whole argument came from Kyben saying something wrong, getting corrected, and then insisting heís not wrong. Just take the goddamned L and move on. Like, ****Ösome things are true/false, yes/no, right/wrongÖnot everything is a debate to elaborate on.

Carry on.

Itís mostly new baby tired and exhaustion from boomer grandparents visiting and not helping us in the least, but **** am I tired of trying to correct anything that anyone says thatís wrong because apparently everyone is just going to stick their head in the ground and scream about their opinion being right. This whole argument came from Kyben saying something wrong, getting corrected, and then insisting heís not wrong. Just take the goddamned L and move on. Like, ****Ösome things are true/false, yes/no, right/wrongÖnot everything is a debate to elaborate on.

Carry on.
    I have a 3 month old so I feel this. And yeah some of the things people on this board feel the need to argue about is mind numbing. I'll always post during free agency, draft, and regular season but I limit my time here otherwise lol. It's not how it used to be.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast