Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Apparently the NFL thinks the same as you....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ons-looks-odd/
    Of course they do its a fact. When did we get to a point in society where people literally argue against things that are facts and not up for interpretation?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Of course they do its a fact. When did we get to a point in society where people literally argue against things that are facts and not up for interpretation?
    It's gotten exponentially worse over the past 10 years.

The issue is that people don't understand what free speech is meant for.

Falsehoods aren't meant to have the same platform and be presented as an alternate opinion to facts.

That's where we're at, and people are too stupid (and aren't supposed to do this anyway)to decide what they believe in.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 05-15-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

When we gave enough of a voice to every random Joe Schmo (FB, Twitter, instagram) and made them believe just having an opinion gives you legitimacy.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Of course it is a fact. Prime Time TV has been around for decades. It hasn't changed because the NFL decided to try and maximize their profits.

There are people who argue biology these days...so an argument about what is considered "Prime Time" doesn't surprise me at all.

The government has decided on what disinformation is or isn't and the media is their voice.

Just like Russia or China.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    When we gave enough of a voice to every random Joe Schmo (FB, Twitter, instagram) and made them believe just having an opinion gives you legitimacy.
    This is pretty much it.

And people basically rely on trash like social media to form opinions/worldviews instead of actually learning something on their own.

It's all extremely toxic and, unfortunately these days, very divisive, too.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-15-2022 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Of course it is a fact. Prime Time TV has been around for decades. It hasn't changed because the NFL decided to try and maximize their profits.

There are people who argue biology these days...so an argument about what is considered "Prime Time" doesn't surprise me at all.

The government has decided on what disinformation is or isn't and the media is their voice.

Just like Russia or China.
    No one is arguing "biology". The issue is one side has a deeper understanding of gender identity rather than actual sex.

A certain subsection decides to ignore this , and play the "science " card. The same subsection that has caused the impending repeal if Roe v Wade, has questioned global warming/climate change , and a never ending list of verified quackery.

The thing about science is - unless it's the overwhelming consensus it's ********. even if it turns out to be the correct hypothesis years down the road. It's all about verifiable data and if the data doesn't exist , a hypothesis is worthless. Fringe scientific opinions are always dangerous.

As for your last point, yes, we are the bad guys just like Russia and China and it seems you get that. There's hope for you yet. I needed to address this because your very slight nudge is exactly part of what this conversation was about- but not in the way you thought it was.

You're the one who brought this subject up. I'm not going to discuss this any further.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 05-16-2022 at 01:35 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829