Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heat in 4

0 0%
  • Heat in 5

6 75.00%
  • Heat in 6

2 25.00%
  • Heat in 7

0 0%
  • Sixers in 4

0 0%
  • Sixers in 5

0 0%
  • Sixers in 6

0 0%
  • Sixers in 7

0 0%
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

2022 NBA Playoffs Series Thread Heat (1) vs Sixers (4) Heat win 4-2

Heat vs. 76ers

Game 1: 76ers @ Heat, Monday, May 2, 7:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 2: 76ers @ Heat, Wednesday, May 4, 7:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3: Heat @ 76ers, Friday, May 6, 7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 4: Heat @ 76ers, Sunday, May 8, TBD

*Game 5: 76ers @ Heat, Tuesday, May 10, TNT

*Game 6: Heat @ 76ers, Thursday, May 12, ESPN

*Game 7: 76ers @ Heat, Sunday, May 15, TBD

*Games 5-7 if necessary

Heat in 6 unfortunately. BUT….but…..if Butler and Lowry’s injuries are worse than reported, I give us a chance.

if we had any other coach id say maxey/harden/tobias take game 2... and then its a wait and see for if embiid plays. We have doc rivers.... Which means he is going to start jordan and use reed as the backup 100 percent which is ****ing hilarious with how well reed has played. CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS

heat in 4 or 5

Embiid's injury is devastating. Not going to cry about it. Things happened.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    if we had any other coach id say maxey/harden/tobias take game 2... and then its a wait and see for if embiid plays. We have doc rivers.... Which means he is going to start jordan and use reed as the backup 100 percent which is ****ing hilarious with how well reed has played. CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS

heat in 4 or 5

Heat in 5 if Joel is out for even 2 games.

2022 NBA Playoffs Series Thread Heat (1) vs Sixers (4)

Sticking with my pick and saying Sixers in 7. Joel’s injury is brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Got the Heat in a sweep...they sweep Philly due to this injury

Heat sweep without Joel. They are not risking his future for this season otherwise it be like KD all over again.

Heat in 5. They just have excellent defenders everywhere on the court. Without Embiid, they're going to swarm Harden. Look what they did to Trae last round, man had more TOs than baskets. I'm going to give philly credit and say one guy goes off and helps them win a game, otherwises I'd pick Miami in a sweep.

Even if he does make it back to the series, Embiid is far from healthy anyways (he has that thumb injury), and I feel that Miami would pick that apart since they have actual centers on their team. My pick would've still been Miami,but in 6 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

I was ready to pick Heat in 5 even BEFORE the Joel Embiid injury, which is absolutely tragic. After the injury, I'm still picking Heat in 5 games. Also, I 100% believe Embiid will play at some point in this series, probably when the series is in Philadelphia. I think the Heat were prepared to use Adebayo/PJ to deny the ball to Embiid in the paint and force him out of it. They would then double him if he put the ball on the floor to get the basketball back out on the perimeter. Miami was always going to put the pressure on James Harden, Tyrese Maxey, and Tobias Harris to score for Philadelphia, as well as their role players. The Heat were not going to defend Philadelphia the same way they guarded Atlanta, I expected Miami to employ a lot of zone defense against the Sixers. Obviously with Embiid out, the game plan is going to be a lot different. I now expect the Heat to play a lot of man coverage and contain James Harden with switches on the pick and role similar to what they did to Trae Young. I think we're going to see Adebayo on the perimeter guarding Harden and Maxey quite a bit.

I think Jimmy Butler is going to have a big series, and be the overall best player in the series. I think there is still residue left from his leave from Philadelphia. Keep in mind it was then Head Coach Brett Brown and the Sixers owner who didn't think he was worth a full max contract. I think Butler is very excited at the opportunity to show the 76ers that they were wrong about him. I know that he missed Game 5 vs Atlanta, but Butler has probably been the best player in the playoffs so far, and I expect him to be noticeably better than James Harden.

I don't expect Kyle Lowry to play in Game 1, probably not Game 2 either, but that honestly means more minutes for Gabe Vincent, Max Strus, and Victor Oladipo, who all played very well both during the regular season, and against Atlanta. I think Tyler Herro will have a much better series than he did against the Hawks, where he really couldn't hit anything, and Adebayo is going to dominate.

All in all, while I believe the series is going to be short, I don't expect the Heat to just run away with it easily. Philadelphia is not just one player, and again I expect Embiid to play again at some point, and they still have a lot of talent on their team. The games are going to be close, I just think the Heat have more and will win down the stretch.

I was thinking the Heat had a chance to take out the last real dominant big in the playoffs ... I didn't think the Raptors would do it.

That was instant karma, Joel was litterally doing his best troll job right before he caught that elbow. It was actually hilarious to me. Funny how everyone thinks it was tragic. Maybe if he stopped acting like an *** clown

Embiid reportedly playing game 3 or 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Embiid reportedly playing game 3 or 4.
    Is that a "possibly" or "probably" or "certainly"?

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast