Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    How much would you guys give him? Noel gets 5ish, Mitch shoukd easily get double that. 10-11? What's a million more?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I donít even want to give him 10-11, and definitely not 4 years lol

He will likely get that, I just donít want it to be us
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-11-2022 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

I would give Mitch close to the max extension which is 12m, you don't think that would be moveable if needed but with cap at 122m or more this FA period that makes up less than 10% and he's worth that as a starting center.
    I also think the Knicks hold him back equally as much as Mitch himself does. The way he can control a lob with one hand and slam it home can't tell me he can't learn a baby hook shot, and for Pete's sake someone coach any coach team him just a little more ark in his line drive FT's, that's pathetic, honestly.

n April, Robinson posted an Instagram story showing that he gave a signed jersey to his alma mater, Chalmette High School. A picture was also snapped with him and the current principal, Wayne Warner. Robinson is seen wearing a ďNew York or NowhereĒ shirt.

and while no-one will confuse Mitch with being a rocket science, who wears a shirt like this unless the talks are getting very, very close or already there?

Last edited by still a fan; 05-12-2022 at 10:26 AM.

not too mention his relationship with RJ who did retweet this back:

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    not too mention his relationship with RJ who did retweet this back:

It's almost there. Just need to get Resident Evil 2 (Thibs) and Dubious out of the equation. Then we can have a team and play basketball. Let Johnny Bryant coach.

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    How much would you guys give him? Noel gets 5ish, Mitch shoukd easily get double that. 10-11? What's a million more?

Noel is making $9 million. That contract shouldíve been reserved for Mitch.

I would give him the $12 million he wants. I doubt heíll get much more than that on the open market.

I donít want to see him go, but if heís not willing to take $12/13 million per season, then it is what it is.

Knicks may not want to pay Mitch 12mil per year but if he walks they get nothing atleast sign him then trade him or is he asking for insane amount to stay with us but willing to give contenders a discount...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

Bofl but when I said mitch isn't worth big money yall killed me bofl

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Bofl but when I said mitch isn't worth big money yall killed me bofl
    Not me. I never wanted to pay him

How much would Whiteside cost ?

If this KICKS FO invest $$ in another player with an injured history, i promise you it will be the death of of them.

Balancing Big men minutes can be tricky.

Joel Embiid lost the first 2.5 seasons of his career due to injuries. Anthony Davis has had over 50 injuries before his trade to Los Angeles, I haven't even gotten to the surgeries.

The Knicks have to make an amicable deal that not only pays Mitch but also doesn't devote too much cap space to a #5 option on offense, rim protector but probably should be getting no more than 30 min/game until the last 1/3rd of the season. Supplement Noel, Sims, Gibson to make up for those minutes.

Running a big man out there for 35-38 min/game is career suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Balancing Big men minutes can be tricky.

Joel Embiid lost the first 2.5 seasons of his career due to injuries. Anthony Davis has had over 50 injuries before his trade to Los Angeles, I haven't even gotten to the surgeries.

The Knicks have to make an amicable deal that not only pays Mitch but also doesn't devote too much cap space to a #5 option on offense, rim protector but probably should be getting no more than 30 min/game until the last 1/3rd of the season. Supplement Noel, Sims, Gibson to make up for those minutes.

Running a big man out there for 35-38 min/game is career suicide.
    you do realize that only 13 players in the nba had over 35min right? none were centers.

Embiid leads all centers with 33min per so what is the point here? i think we'd all be thrilled if Mitch could get 30min per.

Mitch played 72 games and 55 were under 30min 16 between 30-40.

Even Joker plays just 33min, Towns plays 33min

Gobert plays 32min you know what he gets paid?

Capela played 27

Mitch just over 25min.

Most starting centers are in the 20's except for the elite but it caps at 34m so not sure where 35-38 is even a consideration?

Embiid after his 2.5 years, first years has played an average of 31.2min, so even thinking Mitch gets anything more than 30 min is crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    you do realize that only 13 players in the nba had over 35min right? none were centers.

Embiid leads all centers with 33min per so what is the point here? i think we'd all be thrilled if Mitch could get 30min per.

Mitch played 72 games and 55 were under 30min 16 between 30-40.

Even Joker plays just 33min, Towns plays 33min

Gobert plays 32min you know what he gets paid?

Capela played 27

Mitch just over 25min.

Most starting centers are in the 20's except for the elite but it caps at 34m so not sure where 35-38 is even a consideration?
    Alright let's start with the minutes played...

You DO realize the Knicks' playoff run not too long ago had TWO Knicks 35 minutes per game:

Julius Randle 37.6 mpg

RJ Barrett 34.9 mpg (sue me for 0.1 minute)

Then you had Reggie Bullock at 30 mpg

Here's the kicker: Mitchell Robinson 27.9 mpg

IF Mitchell Robinson wants $15M/season the Knicks are immediately going to say, "Well your health. you can't stay on the court for very long." Mitch has been passive aggressively been making it sound like he should be on the court more often last season. Well either he's prepared to play longer (and MORE games played) or takes a pay cut to say $10M. Mitch will counter but the Knicks will say, "Yeah but we made the playoffs with Noel. NOT you."

Am I saying Mitch needs to play 35 mpg? NO. But how you slice the cake with big men at one position is tricky especially since some games will require a player to play LONGER. The fans are down on Noel but Noel logged in serious minutes with no Mitch during that magical Playoff run. He may have paid the price.

I get it. I've worked with kids on the Spectrum. I know how to stay patient and re-explain things for a full season but I gotta ask:

DO YOU watch basketball games? Seriously. From Kemba Walker to missing the obvious on a Thibs team.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-17-2022 at 08:50 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast