Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cardinals v. Diamondbacks 4/28-5/1

Got a 4 game series with the D'Backs to close out April. Arizona is on a 2 game winning streak having taken 2/3 from the Dodgers. Need to take 3-1 this series to get back on a winning streak.

4/28: Hudson v. Castellanos
    4/29: Waino v. Bumgarner
    4/30: Mikolas v. Kelly
    5/1: Hicks v. Davis (TBD- bruised wrist so see if Hicks gets skipped)
    Last edited by cards7; 04-29-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Hudson looked great last night... but the D-Backs have a lineup that should make most professional pitchers look great. Goodness they are bad. Goldie getting hot early would be pretty awesome

Side note: Cabrera and Arenado were suspended for the brawl to end the Mets series. Cabrera got one game for pulling down Pete Alonso which forced the whole Stubby Clapp roll on the ground. He served his last night. Arenado got 2 games but is appealing. Should get decision soon and most likely will serve that during remaining AZ games.

SP has been better the 3rd time through the rotation. Still need some depth in that department, but Flaherty should be back sometime in May.

D'backs are a weird team. Pitching is one of the top in the league but their offense is on pace to being one of the worst ever for the month of April. Still can't sleep on them as they took two from the Dodgers and made it interesting late last night.

Goldie is still on the hr drought but I like that he is driving the ball. Summer comes around and those will be home runs.

Offense just couldn't string things together last night. MadBum can still bring it some days.

Let's take the next 2!

Glad we took one today. Our offense finally put together some runs. It wasn't pretty, but a split isn't the worst result.

Day game tomorrow got moved up to noon to avoid the weather.

Yeah… glad we could get the split.

Helsley is throwing some GAS this year

I don’t think Hicks is gonna make it as a starter..
    Pelinka Sucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    I don’t think Hicks is gonna make it as a starter..
    I don't think the intention was to keep him there. They decided to have him start was to work his arm strength back from TJ. He should be back in the bullpen by the time Flaherty gets back and when the rosters get trimmed down.