Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Lebron is a better scorer than KD

Not only do all the numbers support this this year, but Iíve always thought it was a Shaq vs Hakeem comparison. Durant and Hakeem have more ways to score, but Shaq and Lebron have one way to score which is unstoppable, unparalleled/unmatched athleticism and strength. Lebron has been the better scorer all year and the Boston series shows that KD can be physically exploited where Lebron will not be.
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

Some posters here will have a meltdown if you start a critical thread about LeBron but meanwhile this guy starts similar slobbering posts about LeBron all the time.

Anyway I somewhat agree.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Not only do all the numbers support this this year, but Iíve always thought it was a Shaq vs Hakeem comparison. Durant and Hakeem have more ways to score, but Shaq and Lebron have one way to score which is unstoppable, unparalleled/unmatched athleticism and strength. Lebron has been the better scorer all year and the Boston series shows that KD can be physically exploited where Lebron will not be.
    Boston showed they could contain KD in a best of 7. What did the Lakers playoff series show about LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Some posters here will have a meltdown if you start a critical thread about LeBron but meanwhile this guy starts similar slobbering posts about LeBron all the time.

Anyway I somewhat agree.
    You're really mad he made a thread praising LeBron despite agreeing (somewhat)?

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    What numbers are you talking about? LeBron scored 30.3 PPG and KD scored 29.9, that's hardly a big difference.

Then when you look at the underlying numbers:

Points per 100 possessions:
    Bron: 39.0
    KD: 38.9

TS%:
    Bron: .619
    KD: .634

Any scoring advantage for Bron evaporates. On the whole KD has been the slightly better scorer (both volume wise and efficiency wise) his entire career. KD has a 37.0 pts per 100, Bron a 36.7. Bron's peak was 40.8. KD's was 41.8. KD's playoff per 100 is 37.3, Bron's is 37.1 (though Bron has the best playoff run pts per 100).

KD's career TS% is .616. Bron's is .588. KD's high was .666, Bron's .649. KD's playoff career TS% is .598, Bron's is .583.

So given that KD has scored at a slightly higher rate one a slightly better percentage virtually their entire careers, it's difficult to argue Bron was the better scorer. Then you add in the context of the variety of ways in which KD can score compared to LeBron and it's pretty clear KD is a better scorer, however slight.

And if the argument is solely he did bad this one playoff series, he scored 26.3 PPG on .526 TS%. Bron scored 17.8 PPG on .541 TS% in the Finals vs the Mavs. He's had some bad series scoring wise too...

The biggest issue with this argument is that KD was putting up numbers in meaningful games, whereas LBJ was not. That critical component makes it so that it basically doesn't matter what LBJ's numbers were this year when compared to KD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    The biggest issue with this argument is that KD was putting up numbers in meaningful games, whereas LBJ was not. That critical component makes it so that it basically doesn't matter what LBJ's numbers were this year when compared to KD's.
    so the Lakers were playing meaningless games from the start of the season? I would agree with you if Lebron was going crazy after the Lakers were eliminated from the playoffs, but Lebron didnt even play after they were eliminated.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2021 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Neither of them are scoring right now. Why donít you save it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    so the Lakers were playing meaningless games from the start of the season? I would agree with you if Lebron was going crazy after the Lakers were eliminated from the playoffs, but Lebron didnt even play after they were eliminated.
    Yeah, but the team was really bad from the start and they basically gave up around December or January (if not sooner), but they never really showed up at any point so their games weren't too meaningful for most of the season. Putting up big numbers on a team that barely wins 30 games (only 25 with LBJ in the lineup) in a conference that is having a down year by it's typical standards just isn't all that much to write home about. If LBJ put up those numbers on a respectable team then sure, but the team was horrible the entire season (which is particularly bad given how much they underperformed by).

Yeah, but the team was really bad from the start and they basically gave up around December or January (if not sooner), but they never really showed up at any point so their games weren't too meaningful for most of the season. Putting up big numbers on a team that barely wins 30 games (only 25 with LBJ in the lineup) in a conference that is having a down year by it's typical standards just isn't all that much to write home about. If LBJ put up those numbers on a respectable team then sure, but the team was horrible the entire season (which is particularly bad given how much they underperformed by).
    LeBron's scoring average was still really high even before the team "gave up". Or to use your logic, KD putting up big numbers on a team that barely won 40 games, had to sneak into the playoffs via the play in, and got swept just isn't that much to write home about.

Your hate for LeBron is palpable. Do you really not think Bron could put up good scoring numbers on a good team?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    LeBron's scoring average was still really high even before the team "gave up". Or to use your logic, KD putting up big numbers on a team that barely won 40 games, had to sneak into the playoffs via the play in, and got swept just isn't that much to write home about.

Your hate for LeBron is palpable. Do you really not think Bron could put up good scoring numbers on a good team?
    You very conveniently left out that the reason KD's team snuck into the playoffs was because KD was out a good chunk of the year and they legitimately made the playoffs without the play in (won 13 games more than the lakers while playing in a tougher conference). LBJ's team missed the play in altogether and barely finished ahead of the #12 team in the west. I'm sure LBJ could score well on a good team, but who cares? The point is that he didn't and so there's no reason to really keep talking about it. It amounted to empty stats on a team that often lost by double digits in non-competitive games regardless of whether he played or not. That's what happened and so no it's not worth really comparing to someone who at least got their team to the playoffs. Before KD went down, the nets were playing well. That was never the case with the lakers so nowhere near being the same. LBJ's team gave up before the season even started. They never showed up. The entire season was essentially extended garbage time for the lakers so I prefer not to celebrate nice numbers under those kinds of circumstances. It's a nice achievement and shows his longevity for sure, but it also not comparable to guys who are legitimately battling out there and leading their teams, but also anyone who watched the lakers play would know that LBJ often sucked in the 4th or was a non-factor and it actually cost the lakers numerous games.

Simply because I don't fawn over LBJ doesn't mean I hate or even dislike him. Neither of those are true. I simply have perspective and care about winning more than putting up nice numbers on paper. What he did is historic for being in his 19th season in the league, but not super meaningful given how bad his team was. I would be far more impressed if he led his team to a winning record averaging half of those points. It's a team sport and about winning and if that's not happening, I simply don't want to hear about how great someone played, especially when the losing is occurring at such a high rate. Had they at least made a respectable showing and battled to the second round and were ousted then sure let's talk about the great season LBJ had, but that didn't happen. The lakers were one of the worst teams in the league and under performed at a historic level. I don't want to hear about how well LBJ or anyone else who was part of that train wreck played. Putting up great numbers in a losing effort isn't something to be super proud of and putting up great numbers in an embarrassing display by your team is completely meaningless...and absolutely not comparable to other stars who are not part of that kind of embarrassment. Any real fans of the NBA should feel the same way. It speaks volumes about anyone who does not agree with this.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 04-27-2022 at 04:27 PM.

You very conveniently left out that the reason KD's team snuck into the playoffs was because KD was out a good chunk of the year and they legitimately made the playoffs without the play in (won 13 games more than the lakers while playing in a tougher conference). LBJ's team missed the play in altogether and barely finished ahead of the #12 team in the west. I'm sure LBJ could score well on a good team, but who cares? The point is that he didn't and so there's no reason to really keep talking about it. It amounted to empty stats on a team that often lost by double digits in non-competitive games regardless of whether he played or not. That's what happened and so no it's not worth really comparing to someone who at least got their team to the playoffs. Before KD went down, the nets were playing well. That was never the case with the lakers so nowhere near being the same. LBJ's team gave up before the season even started. They never showed up. The entire season was essentially extended garbage time for the lakers so I prefer not to celebrate nice numbers under those kinds of circumstances. It's a nice achievement and shows his longevity for sure, but it also not comparable to guys who are legitimately battling out there and leading their teams, but also anyone who watched the lakers play would know that LBJ often sucked in the 4th or was a non-factor and it actually cost the lakers numerous games.

Simply because I don't fawn over LBJ doesn't mean I hate or even dislike him. Neither of those are true. I simply have perspective and care about winning more than putting up nice numbers on paper. What he did is historic for being in his 19th season in the league, but not super meaningful given how bad his team was. I would be far more impressed if he led his team to a winning record averaging half of those points. It's a team sport and about winning and if that's not happening, I simply don't want to hear about how great someone played, especially when the losing is occurring at such a high rate. Had they at least made a respectable showing and battled to the second round and were ousted then sure let's talk about the great season LBJ had, but that didn't happen. The lakers were one of the worst teams in the league and under performed at a historic level. I don't want to hear about how well LBJ or anyone else who was part of that train wreck played. Putting up great numbers in a losing effort isn't something to be super proud of and putting up great numbers in an embarrassing display by your team is completely meaningless...and absolutely not comparable to other stars who are not part of that kind of embarrassment. Any real fans of the NBA should feel the same way. It speaks volumes about anyone who does not agree with this.
    no you wouldnt, you would say hes not the leader of the team and hes just along for the ride.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2021 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

First Bolded: And you conveniently left out that the reason the Lakers missed the play in was Bron was out for a good chunk of the year. They were 25-31 (which % would have made the play in) with him and 8-18 without.

Second Bolded: Youíre the one who is talking about it. The thread title is ďBron is a better scorer than KDĒ. There is another thread that talks about Bronís scoring this season.

Third Bolded: see? This is why I say you hate LeBron. First you said they gave up in Dec/Jan, then when itís pointed out Bron was still scoring well even before then when the games were ostensibly not meaningless and you change your assertion to now they never tried at all. So you lied earlierÖ

Fourth Bolded: You donít want to hear about how well Bron played during a train wreck, but you want to fawn over KD? Brooklyn were title favorites before the season, their season has been a train wreck and a total disappointment. That itís less of a train wreck than LA doesnít make it worthy of praise. They massively underperformed and weíre embarrassingly swept by Boston in the first round. Itís the first time in HISTORY the title favorite was swept in the first.

That you praise such an embarrassment simply to denigrate Bron shows the depths of your hate. Any real NBA fan would feel the same way. It speaks volumes about anyone who disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    no you wouldnt, you would say hes not the leader of the team and hes just along for the ride.
    It would depend on what else he was doing. If he was being a great playmaker and facilitator and leader I would not say that...even if that were the case though, that is still far more impressive than being the leader of a completely embarrassing season. In the scenario of less production, that is still far more respectable than what occurred this season. As a player, I would much rather average 15 pts and be on a contender than put up 30 and be one of the worst teams in the league.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 04-27-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: And you conveniently left out that the reason the Lakers missed the play in was Bron was out for a good chunk of the year. They were 25-31 (which % would have made the play in) with him and 8-18 without.

Second Bolded: Youíre the one who is talking about it. The thread title is ďBron is a better scorer than KDĒ. There is another thread that talks about Bronís scoring this season.

Third Bolded: see? This is why I say you hate LeBron. First you said they gave up in Dec/Jan, then when itís pointed out Bron was still scoring well even before then when the games were ostensibly not meaningless and you change your assertion to now they never tried at all. So you lied earlierÖ

Fourth Bolded: You donít want to hear about how well Bron played during a train wreck, but you want to fawn over KD? Brooklyn were title favorites before the season, their season has been a train wreck and a total disappointment. That itís less of a train wreck than LA doesnít make it worthy of praise. They massively underperformed and weíre embarrassingly swept by Boston in the first round. Itís the first time in HISTORY the title favorite was swept in the first.

That you praise such an embarrassment simply to denigrate Bron shows the depths of your hate. Any real NBA fan would feel the same way. It speaks volumes about anyone who disagrees.
    Go back and read the initial post, I said they gave up in December or January but that they never really showed up. Secondly, being in the play-in is nothing to be proud of. Even if they keep that winning percentage, that's still a losing record and by a decent amount (the play-in is silly and should be eliminated as it allows for weak teams who legitimately missed the playoffs a chance to get in via a circus type event). It was an embarrassment when LBJ played and when he didn't. At least with Brooklyn they weren't embarrassing themselves on a nightly basis when KD was playing early in the season. I would also definitely not call what I said about KD or Brooklyn praise. KD is a major weenie and probably doesn't crack my top 20. I was simply stating that what he did was far more respectable than what LBJ did. Brooklyn was swept sure, but at least they fought hard against a team who might win it all and all of those games were competitive. The reason the lakers's season was embarrassing wasnt so much because of the losing (that of course didnt help) but because there was no fight, there was no effort so that's why I don't care what LBJ or anyone else did on that team this year. Like I said, great numbers in a losing effort isnt something to brag about, but great numbers in an embarrassing effort are meaningless.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 04-27-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast