Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,425

    The KD-Kyrie Nets are the biggest disappointment in NBA History

    In the three seasons since they both signed in Brooklyn, there have been 226 regular season games. Of those 226 regular season games, KD has played in 90 of them, or 39.8% of the games. With that in mind it doesn't really matter that the Nets are 59-31 (.656) when KD plays. Kyrie has played in 103 games, or 45.6% of the games. It also doesn't matter that they are 58-45 (.563) when Kyrie plays. They have played together in just 44 games total, which is just 19.5% of the time. So it absolutely doesn't matter that the Nets are 27-17 (.614) when they both play. They have not been available for various reasons and it has devastated the franchise.

    The first year was understandable, given KD's injury in the 2019 NBA Finals it was known that he wasn't going to play in the 19-20 season. If you cut out that season, KD has played in 90 out of 154 games, which is 58.4%. That's still a lot of missed time.

    Kyrie's situation is far less forgiving than Durant's, due to him missing huge chunks of time for personal/avoidable reasons and pure selfishness. He has, on multiple occasions, valued other things over basketball and his commitment to his maximum NBA contract. The fact is he has never given the Nets his full commitment in the time he's been there. He's only done it on his own time, and on his own terms. He can leave on a whim and it's not that big of a deal when they lose. He didn't seem very upset about them losing last night.

    The fact is in three seasons since they both signed in Brooklyn, the Nets are 127-99 (.562) in the regular season, and have lost three of the four playoff series that they've participated in. They have yet to reach even the Conference Finals, and they are the first team in over 35 years to be swept in the first round when they entered the season as the Vegas odds title favorites.

    The James Harden/Ben Simmons garbage only makes it worse, and I believe there is a good chance they could trade Simmons this summer. It would be fitting if Simmons never played a game for the Nets.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,998
    Hyperbole, much? Look, I agree they've been a big disappointment, but I also wasn't sold on this squad as a lock for a title by any means when they both signed with Brooklyn. KD was coming off an Achilles injury, something NBA players notoriously struggle to come back from, and Kyrie is an oft-injured, frequently insane wildcard. If you were banking on those two bringing home a trophy to Brooklyn, you were setting your sights awfully high.

    They deserve criticism, because they've underperformed. Some of it has been understandable, mainly the injury concerns. Some of it isn't, like how the two performed against Boston and Kyrie's anti-vaccine take that cost his team a ton of wins this season. But let's cool it with "biggest disappointment in NBA history." There's a LOT of disappointments in this league's history; Brooklyn is just the latest in a long line of them.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,051
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Hyperbole, much? Look, I agree they've been a big disappointment, but I also wasn't sold on this squad as a lock for a title by any means when they both signed with Brooklyn. KD was coming off an Achilles injury, something NBA players notoriously struggle to come back from, and Kyrie is an oft-injured, frequently insane wildcard. If you were banking on those two bringing home a trophy to Brooklyn, you were setting your sights awfully high.

    They deserve criticism, because they've underperformed. Some of it has been understandable, mainly the injury concerns. Some of it isn't, like how the two performed against Boston and Kyrie's anti-vaccine take that cost his team a ton of wins this season. But let's cool it with "biggest disappointment in NBA history." There's a LOT of disappointments in this league's history; Brooklyn is just the latest in a long line of them.
    This. It was obvious from day 1 this roster had major issues. It was the media narrative that named them locks to win. If you go back to this past offseason the Lakers, the most decorated roster in history, were expected to three-peat by some and they didn't even make the play-in.

    The Nets issues were OBVIOUS all year this year, now is not the time to be surprised. I think the 2007 Mavs are an example of post-season disappointment because they had the best record in the NBA, the MVP, were fairly healthy, and lost in the first round.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,797
    Yes but not due to Durant.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,685

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,160
    Lebron-Anthony Davis-Carmelo-Westbrook didn't even make the playoffs, I'd say they were a bigger disappointment.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    18,503

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    35,568

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,787
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,051
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    You honestly can't help but root against nearly ever player pictured. There's not a more disliked group in one photo.
    I hadn't thought about it like that. You are right, they assembled 10 of the most hated NBA players on 2 teams.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I hadn't thought about it like that. You are right, they assembled 10 of the most hated NBA players on 2 teams.
    Is LMA particularly hated? I mean outside of Portland.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    32,370
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    Lebron-Anthony Davis-Carmelo-Westbrook didn't even make the playoffs, I'd say they were a bigger disappointment.
    AD didn't really play, Westy is toast, and they won the same amount of playoff games.

    Prime KD, prime Kyrie, and prime Harden, that's not the same lol

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,160
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    AD didn't really play, Westy is toast, and they won the same amount of playoff games.

    Prime KD, prime Kyrie, and prime Harden, that's not the same lol

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Harden hasn't been prime for a couple of years now. Kyrie has been in and out for the season and Durant was coming back from injury this season. Everyone has their share of excuses. All are busts.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,979
    I remember when “The Heatles” were going to win 7 championships?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,051
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Is LMA particularly hated? I mean outside of Portland.
    Hate chills the further players get from their peak. LMA, Griffin, Melo hate has all fallen off ... but the people that hate them remember.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •