Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I had already called him the best starter on the team way back before anybody else did.. Most said no Nick, he needs more starts(25-30)to be convinced.

Eye test. All I did was compare him to Jimmy Key minus the El Duque stuff. Key was that quiet ace. Game 6 vs Maddux in 96 was the high point.
    U sure did, but if I remember correctly no said anyone we had was better than Nestor. Just that it take more than 20 starts to call him an ace and we wanted to see him do what he's done in a larger sample size. I also wanted to see him go through a period where he struggled ( because all pitchers do at some point) and see how he came through it.

He's now done all that and came through looking even better. He's clearly been our best starter and I believe you can call him a #1 starter. If he has a solid playoffs or pitches really well in a can't lose game, that just makes his case for being a true ace even stronger

He's proven to be a TORP. I think he needs consecutive year performance to be an ace. Consistency makes an ace imo.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    He's proven to be a TORP. I think he needs consecutive year performance to be an ace. Consistency makes an ace imo.
    IMO, he's basically got 2 full yrs of starting and has a 2.6 ish ERA as a starter. He's shown to be very consistent over those 2yrs. He doesn't give up a lot of hard contact, doesn't tighten up under pressure.

The Ace label is still a tad to soon, but if he has a really good postseason, that just make his case stronger for next yr to get that label.

There really isn't much to nit-pick about his performance when he's been on the mound. The one thing, which really isn't his fault is the inning pitched. He was around 160? this yr and innings are down for starting pitchers is down across BB, but you really want an " Ace" to throw 200 INs like Alcantara and other Aces did this yr.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    U sure did, but if I remember correctly no said anyone we had was better than Nestor. Just that it take more than 20 starts to call him an ace and we wanted to see him do what he's done in a larger sample size. I also wanted to see him go through a period where he struggled ( because all pitchers do at some point) and see how he came through it.

He's now done all that and came through looking even better. He's clearly been our best starter and I believe you can call him a #1 starter. If he has a solid playoffs or pitches really well in a can't lose game, that just makes his case for being a true ace even stronger
    If he can be this effective for the next few years then he can be called an ace. He just knows how to pitch. He frustrates batters when they K. He has that sneaky fastball because of how he hides the ball in delivery. Then add the pinpoint control on the corners and you strikeout batters regularly with just a 92-93 fastball. The batter just can’t a good consistent read as he will come at you with different arm angles as well.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If he can be this effective for the next few years then he can be called an ace. He just knows how to pitch. He frustrates batters when they K. He has that sneaky fastball because of how he hides the ball in delivery. Then add the pinpoint control on the corners and you strikeout batters regularly with just a 92-93 fastball. The batter just can’t a good consistent read as he will come at you with different arm angles as well.
    I would even say iff he can repeat this next year, I would call him that.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would even say iff he can repeat this next year, I would call him that.
    The thing with him is the batters have to make adjustments on him. He is constantly changing so it is hard to get a read. He will falter if he loses command. He should have 6-7 good years with command. The innings on his arm will then factor in his 30s….But he also likes to eat a little. He needs to eat better in the offseason and come in a few lbs lighter. But stay away from the weight room per say. Stretching the arm is all pitchers should do unless you roid up.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

So we start the ALDS on Tue…….

This week

Sevy
    Taillon
    Cole
    German

Off Thursday-Sunday

Wild Cards are Friday-Sunday

One day off for travel on Monday

And Cole for Tue in Game 1
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

How big are the Sept rosters?

Can’t recall the rule changes as you used to have 35 in Sept with a ton of relievers to run out there.

And yes YANKSGUY, I know we are in Oct.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Can’t recall the rule changes as you used to have 35 in Sept with a ton of relievers to run out there.

28 players and one extra for a DH.

28 man

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    28 man
    13 pitcher max, right?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    13 pitcher max, right?
    The Sept 1 - end of the regular season is 28 and u can have a max of 14 pitchers

Playoffs roster is 26 and I'm pretty sure u can build it anyway u want

Cortes is the best Yankees starter and should be the game 1 starter. It shouldn’t even be a question. The only reason Cole will start game one is because of money. Other than that, Cole is a guarantee to give up a homer each start and has consistently come up short in the moments the Yankees have needed him most.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Cortes is the best Yankees starter and should be the game 1 starter. It shouldn’t even be a question. The only reason Cole will start game one is because of money. Other than that, Cole is a guarantee to give up a homer each start and has consistently come up short in the moments the Yankees have needed him most.
    Everything you said here is spot on

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

nestor should be staring game 1 in the playoffs if he is not then it will show the yanks value contract over performance.. cole does not deserve to be starting game one because of his performance this year..look at mets manager showwaler he is picking scherzer to start game 1 because scherzer deserved it..degrom performance down the stretch meant he should not be starting game 1..we need a tough manager not afraid to step on ego boone is not that kind of manager..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12