Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 440
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4,664

    2022 NBA Playoffs Discussion: Will Chris Paul finally bring Phoenix the Championship?


    The Phoenix Suns made it to the NBA Finals in 1993 but lost to arguably the greatest basketball player in the history of the game. They haven't been back since.



    Utah Jazz at the Dallas Mavs: No Doncic. Hopefully not for long. Future Knick Jalen Brunson leads the team in game one. Utah in seven games.

    Minnesota Timberwolves vs Memphis Grizzles: Ja Morant is here. Memphis in six.

    Toronto Raptors at the Philadelphia 76ers: Now or never. Philly in six.

    Denver Nuggets at Golden State Warriors: Warriors in five.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,118
    call me crazy but I think the Suns were in the finals last year? Haven't been there since 1993?

    And they got cheated one year they may have won it all.

    also since 2004-2005 season they have been in the Western conference finals 4x, how many teams can say that? Look it up, it's easy.

    they also had a 62 and a 61 win season in three seasons, how many teams can say that?

    there were also these guys you know Kobe/Shaq

    And Duncan /robinson that had a little to do with them getting to the finals.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,998
    Brunsonís footwork is absolutely elite. He also really lacks explosion and is small. He lives in the paint and is great using his footwork to find midrange shots but he doesnít bring that burst penetration that Q or Rose do that surprises the defense and get to the paint early


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,119
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Brunsonís footwork is absolutely elite. He also really lacks explosion and is small. He lives in the paint and is great using his footwork to find midrange shots but he doesnít bring that burst penetration that Q or Rose do that surprises the defense and get to the paint early


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thatís fair. He does get in there, but itís more methodical

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,118
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís fair. He does get in there, but itís more methodical
    does it matter if he gets there though? And i've seen bursts when he has to , but against the Conley's Mitchell's he'll finesse more than Bursts, just a smart player.

    Had a good first half, shot needs to drop more. 6 boards at half not bad for a small pg!

    Speaking of Mitchell he looks like a guy that wants to be traded lol or is playing like one.

    Bogs is their one man assault right now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,119
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    does it matter if he gets there though? And i've seen bursts when he has to , but against the Conley's Mitchell's he'll finesse more than Bursts, just a smart player.

    Had a good first half, shot needs to drop more. 6 boards at half not bad for a small pg!

    Speaking of Mitchell he looks like a guy that wants to be traded lol or is playing like one.

    Bogs is their one man assault right now.
    No, it doesnít matter at all lol.

    I guess itís easy when you canít figure out any other reason you donít like him, to just say ďheís not that fastĒ

    Iím not saying Ewing is doing that, by the way

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,118
    oh btw, it's Bully getting dominated out there. and he's shooting 1-4 from three, that is not helping on both ends.

    Randle would fit this roster nicely lol,

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,998

    2022 NBA Playoffs Discussion: Will Chris Paul finally bring Phoenix the Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    does it matter if he gets there though? And i've seen bursts when he has to , but against the Conley's Mitchell's he'll finesse more than Bursts, just a smart player.

    Had a good first half, shot needs to drop more. 6 boards at half not bad for a small pg!

    Speaking of Mitchell he looks like a guy that wants to be traded lol or is playing like one.

    Bogs is their one man assault right now.
    I think it matters. When the defense sees it coming rotations are easier. We saw Dallas stagnant despite him being able to get past his man. That said he also showed some real impressive shot creation. He missed some shots he probably makes most of the time and the refs didnít call anything that half so he didnít get rewarded with free throws. Dallas also lacks athleticism and explosion in general so he doesnít have finishing outlets


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-16-2022 at 02:31 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,998

    2022 NBA Playoffs Discussion: Will Chris Paul finally bring Phoenix the Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No, it doesnít matter at all lol.

    I guess itís easy when you canít figure out any other reason you donít like him, to just say ďheís not that fastĒ

    Iím not saying Ewing is doing that, by the way
    I like him. Just an observation. There is a good side to that methodicalness too. Itís very sustainable, will generally be low turn over, and keeps the floor balanced which is really good for your transition defense. I think Iíd rather see him paired with a Quickley type then be totally ball dominate and paired with Evan.
    Last edited by ewing; 04-16-2022 at 02:38 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,119
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I like him. Just an observation. There is a good side to that methodicalness too. Itís very sustainable, will generally be low turn over, and keeps the floor balanced which is really good for your transition defense.
    Heís not perfect. Some cons. But some valuable strengths. I think he is very capable of doing more

    And heís definitely tough minded. Which we need

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,998
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Heís not perfect. Some cons. But some valuable strengths. I think he is very capable of doing more

    And heís definitely tough minded. Which we need
    He seems to accept the challenge. Heís carrying a lot of weight right now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,998
    To be clear. Bring him aboard


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,119
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    To be clear. Bring him aboard


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíve been on board with that all along

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,998
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iíve been on board with that all along
    I thought he made a really good effort today. Dallas just doesnít have much offense without Luka and Hardaway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,119
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I thought he made a really good effort today. Dallas just doesnít have much offense without Luka and Hardaway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He played tough. And interesting enough, but for a guy that some here think is horrible on defense, Dallas opted to have him play man down the stretch on Bogs, despite giving up a lot of size. Spencer was getting picked on all over the place

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •