Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Which is why trying to work with the other side (even if small steps) is so important as opposed to hoping they'll change their mentality.

The world is trending in the wrong direction and would collapse if nothing is done, but its not going to happen at 2050.
    Trying to work with the other side is important, but we need more than small steps. We wonít get there in time, and I donít think you comprehend that. Your second paragraph is pretty troubling. The world wonít collapse by 2050, but itís collapse will be close to inevitable if we donít take meaningful action by 2050.

Well I cant do much as I am not an American. But if the American people can change their ways and we stop giving the extremist on both sides such a platform then the politicians will follow suit. Means more people work together and you try to balance the needs that everyone is concerned about (economy, etc). The EU (made up of many countries from different political spectrums, including some conservative and some liberal) got it done. Im sure America s can try to figure it out.
    You seem way more concerned with the economy than climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Short term vs long term focus.

I don't know your meaning when you say 'way more', but in today's situation, healthcare and economy (including inflation and housing affordability) rank within the top 3 for me. Environment probably in the 4-6 range). We just had a Federal election in Canada last year and affordable housing was a significant topic (I believe Covid was a bigger concern). As based on this upcoming provincial election for Ontario, a lot of people seem to have similar priorities (https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ct...88098.amp.html).

But despite that, I'm fairly confident I have made more than enough suggestions to put us in a better position in other categories. Like more agressive policies on renewable energy or how to address inequality within society, even if it takes away money from programs that I think could help the economy better.

Is it a problem if I don't have the same beliefs as you do?

Trying to work with the other side is important, but we need more than small steps. We wonít get there in time, and I donít think you comprehend that. Your second paragraph is pretty troubling. The world wonít collapse by 2050, but itís collapse will be close to inevitable if we donít take meaningful action by 2050.
    I agree we need more than small steps but current political situation in American makes that difficult so Im working with what I see and providing as best a suggestion based on currentnpolitical landscape. There needs to be a significant reform of American politcis before you can even address real issues. Thats why Im suggesting to start working with the parties now (even if baby steps) but within the next few elections (2024 and 2028), stop the extremist from overtaking politcis so that Americans can make more meaningful change in future elections.

If this was a different country with better political rnvironment (like the EU), I would provide more agressive solutions.

I agree we need more than small steps but current political situation in American makes that difficult so Im working with what I see and providing as best a suggestion based on currentnpolitical landscape. There needs to be a significant reform of American politcis before you can even address real issues. Thats why Im suggesting to start working with the parties now (even if baby steps) but within the next few elections (2024 and 2028), stop the extremist from overtaking politcis so that Americans can make more meaningful change in future elections.

If this was a different country with better political rnvironment (like the EU), I would provide more agressive solutions.
    There is a war going on in this country right now between good and evil. Darth Vader's forces are about to be blown out of the universe right now by the Forces' Trump Troopers. I'm a designated Blaster operator.

The good news for the planet is that order will be restored and the US will prosper economically and the long term conversion for alternative fuels will continue properly and without bankrupting the world and the US economically.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 05-22-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    There is a war going on in this country right now between good and evil. Darth Vader's forces are about to be blown out of the universe right now by the Forces' Trump Troopers. I'm a designated Blaster operator.

I wonder how anyone with a working brain really takes you seriously. All of your crazy ranting is ****ing hilarious though.

The only designation that fits you well is designated dumbass.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-22-2022 at 10:06 PM.

The good news for the planet is that order will be restored and the US will prosper economically and the long term conversion for alternative fuels will continue properly and without bankrupting the world and the US economically.
    Like I said most in this forum play into the bad politcis. You seem to be one of the bigger issues. I see more trolling and "my way or no way" takes than actual discussion of politics here.

Stick with Maxine Waters, Pete ButtaJudge, and S%%%y Shiff. Great examples of the Dimacratic Party.
    Rawr!

Like I said most in this forum play into the bad politcis. You seem to be one of the bigger issues. I see more trolling and "my way or no way" takes than actual discussion of politics here.
    So you are seeing real politics then.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So you are seeing real politics then.
    I would think 'American politics' is a more appropriate term

Well, this particular thread is about inflation...not climate change.

So by the older model for inflation, our current inflation should be around 14.5%
    ďThe BLS is more responsible for taming inflation than the federal reserve because of their rejiggering of the mathematical algorithm,Ē said Chief Economist for DataCore Partners, LLC, Donald Klepper-Smith. ďBack in 1980, your CPI was 13.5 percent and had we been using the algorithm from 1980, weíd be looking at 14.5 percent today.Ē
    The reason it's not calculated like this is because the FED chooses to use a different model that rates inflation lower.

The metric that's used is called the Consumer Price Index (CPI) it takes a "basket of goods" and uses those costs over time to measure the cost of inflation.
    In the past they would use for instance the cost of Steak, but what the FED decided to do was change out items in the basket and say they were "Basically the same thing" so instead of using Steak for instance they would use the price of Ground Beef, because hey it's all Cow right.

This is why when you go to the grocery store, the prices of everything feel significantly higher than what we're being told inflation is.

Yeeeeeeeeeesh 20% is rough.

I got 99 problems and INFLATION makes it 107.415

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So by the older model for inflation, our current inflation should be around 14.5%

The reason it's not calculated like this is because the FED chooses to use a different model that rates inflation lower.

The metric that's used is called the Consumer Price Index (CPI) it takes a "basket of goods" and uses those costs over time to measure the cost of inflation.
    In the past they would use for instance the cost of Steak, but what the FED decided to do was change out items in the basket and say they were "Basically the same thing" so instead of using Steak for instance they would use the price of Ground Beef, because hey it's all Cow right.

This is why when you go to the grocery store, the prices of everything feel significantly higher than what we're being told inflation is.
    Ground beef is more of a everyday item then steak. If we are taking about inflation in terms of beef prices I think it would make sense to use a more everyday item like ground beef or burger patties instead of a luxury item like steak. If you were taking about cars itís probably makes more sense to use a Hyundai then a BMW no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-23-2022 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast