Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Paid 2.99 for a dozen eggs last night. .94 a week ago at the same place.
    Where the hell did you get a dozen eggs for 94 cents? I've NEVER seen eggs for that much. Not once in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Last fall, eggs were $1.29 at a convenience store chain. Now, they are $2.99 at that chain. I used to get a dozen eggs for $.50 when I lived in Minneapolis -- 45 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Last fall, eggs were $1.29 at a convenience store chain. Now, they are $2.99 at that chain. I used to get a dozen eggs for $.50 when I lived in Minneapolis -- 45 years ago.
    The oldest list I have in my email is from 2013 that has a dozen eggs on it from the grocery stores. The dozen eggs cost $2.29. A dozen currently shows up as $2.99 for me as well.

Unless you are so wealthy you don't have to worry about money, you've felt this inflation. The cost of living in America has increased quite a bit, and it's probably only going to get worse. Also, people who have been affected by this inflation have been feeling pain longer than this inflation, they've really been feeling it since the start of the pandemic.

As of April 2022, there are still 1.7 million fewer jobs than there were in April 2020, right as the pandemic was starting up. Yes, we had eviction moratoriums, as well as a pause on student loan repayments, and even a couple direct payments to Americans, but the federal government never did enough to help everyday people during the pandemic, not even close. Between COVID, which cost millions of people jobs, and inflation, which raises the cost of living for everyone, times are harder than they were just a few years ago. If you have a 401k or IRA, you're better off than a lot of people but we've had two severe market crashes in the last 15 years (2007, 2020). As COVID, inflation, and market crashes affect people who aren't so wealthy they don't ever think about money, it doesn't affect the people who are so wealthy, and they're perfectly fine with what's going on.

Billionaires in America, there are more than 700 of them, have seen their wealth rise $1.7 trillion, or by 57%, in the two years since COVID began. In March 2020, it was $2.9 trillion, now it's $4.6 trillion. Under current tax laws, almost all of that wealth gain is tax free and the top 15 richest people in America have seen their wealth rise 79% since the start of the pandemic, from over $840 billion to now over $1.5 trillion. The 15 richest people in this country have over $1.5 trillion combined.

Those are the people that run the United States, they own the largest businesses and firms in this country. They give millions of dollars to our politicians and they own them. Our policy makers take their money and are completely beholden to them and do exactly what they say. The politicians themselves also personally profit off this system so they're happy to do it too. We let the wealthiest, and most powerful people in this country make all the rules so obviously they rig things in their favor. Basically anyone would do this if given the chance.

The truth is that we live in a society that is motivated by greed and the people in charge LOVE this inflation. They make money off of our suffering, there's no other way to say it. It honestly doesn't matter if Donald Trump or Joe Biden is in office, the rich making bank and being protected while everyday people get screwed was going to happen regardless of who won in 2020 and probably regardless of who wins in 2024.

The only way to turn things around for the majority of the American public is to elect politicians who want to stop funneling all of our resources to the top, and instead use the resources that we have to enrich all of our lives.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 04-30-2022 at 08:14 AM.

Always good to hear from you, Tyler.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Consumer spending has moxie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not with higher interest rates. That's the point of raising the interest rates.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Not with higher interest rates. That's the point of raising the interest rates.
    Itís going to come down to who wants it more

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I just saw a chart on Fox which explains why our discussion is so much different about inflation. The more conservative areas have higher inflation areas than liberal ones. The north east has lower inflation than the south east and middle of the country. The west coast has slightly higher than the north east but about 1% lower than the south east and Midwest.

The major input went up by roughly 50% and then went back down and we only saw the price go up by over a dollar and then come down by roughly 10 cents. Sorry if I have zero faith that we would see gas prices go down.
    Lol you really care about how gas prices wonít go down because you know it will hurt the dems in the midterms

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Lol you really care about how gas prices wonít go down because you know it will hurt the dems in the midterms

What sort of statement is this? Obviously I believe gas prices going down will help the party in power. This is like saying that gravity is real.

What sort of statement is this? Obviously I believe gas prices going down will help the party in power. This is like saying that gravity is real.
    Which is all you honestly care about. If the GOP was in control you could care less and say deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Which is all you honestly care about. If the GOP was in control you could care less and say deal with it

Yeah, I'm sure he'd love paying high prices for gas if the GOP was in control.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure he'd love paying high prices for gas if the GOP was in control.
    According to him, he's not paying high gas prices. Pay attention *******.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    According to him, he's not paying high gas prices. Pay attention *******.
    https://youtu.be/OMOGaugKpzs

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Look at you defending a partisan hack. Shocker! He said that long before the rebates and credits came in to play. He also says he's not paying inflated grocery prices. Is there a grocery credit I'm not aware of?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast