Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    I'm not defending dbroncos78087; I'm making fun of your undying obsession with him, you ****ing moron.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm not defending dbroncos78087; I'm making fun of your undying obsession with him, you ****ing moron.
    Nope. You're defining him *******. Nothing new to see here.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Nope. You're defining him *******. Nothing new to see here.
    What did I define him as, oh moronic one?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Where the hell did you get a dozen eggs for 94 cents? I've NEVER seen eggs for that much. Not once in my life.
    Right before Covid I was in the 80 cents a dozen range.
    Aldi
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

This is clearly a job for Joe Biden's ministry of truth to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    This is clearly a job for Joe Biden's ministry of truth to sort out.
    Maybe they should post on TruthSocial about it.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Right before Covid I was in the 80 cents a dozen range.
    Aldi
    Egg prices havenít been that low since 1988. You need to stop making up easily disproven facts.

Lol

Egg prices havenít been that low since 1988. You need to stop making up easily disproven facts.
    Depends on how well you know the person with the chickens. I can get farm-fresh eggs for .75/dozen at times.
    They aren't always available at that price, so when they are, I get several dozen.

My farm fresh egg plug gives 'em to me for free; doesn't mean a thing when it comes to the average price of eggs in this country though.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    My farm fresh egg plug gives 'em to me for free; doesn't mean a thing when it comes to the average price of eggs in this country though.
    So Biden lowered egg prices to zero? Did inflation just crater? Based on this equally anecdotal evidence as Brettís, it did. Good job Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Unless you are so wealthy you don't have to worry about money, you've felt this inflation. The cost of living in America has increased quite a bit, and it's probably only going to get worse. Also, people who have been affected by this inflation have been feeling pain longer than this inflation, they've really been feeling it since the start of the pandemic.

As of April 2022, there are still 1.7 million fewer jobs than there were in April 2020, right as the pandemic was starting up. Yes, we had eviction moratoriums, as well as a pause on student loan repayments, and even a couple direct payments to Americans, but the federal government never did enough to help everyday people during the pandemic, not even close. Between COVID, which cost millions of people jobs, and inflation, which raises the cost of living for everyone, times are harder than they were just a few years ago. If you have a 401k or IRA, you're better off than a lot of people but we've had two severe market crashes in the last 15 years (2007, 2020). As COVID, inflation, and market crashes affect people who aren't so wealthy they don't ever think about money, it doesn't affect the people who are so wealthy, and they're perfectly fine with what's going on.

Billionaires in America, there are more than 700 of them, have seen their wealth rise $1.7 trillion, or by 57%, in the two years since COVID began. In March 2020, it was $2.9 trillion, now it's $4.6 trillion. Under current tax laws, almost all of that wealth gain is tax free and the top 15 richest people in America have seen their wealth rise 79% since the start of the pandemic, from over $840 billion to now over $1.5 trillion. The 15 richest people in this country have over $1.5 trillion combined.

Those are the people that run the United States, they own the largest businesses and firms in this country. They give millions of dollars to our politicians and they own them. Our policy makers take their money and are completely beholden to them and do exactly what they say. The politicians themselves also personally profit off this system so they're happy to do it too. We let the wealthiest, and most powerful people in this country make all the rules so obviously they rig things in their favor. Basically anyone would do this if given the chance.

The truth is that we live in a society that is motivated by greed and the people in charge LOVE this inflation. They make money off of our suffering, there's no other way to say it. It honestly doesn't matter if Donald Trump or Joe Biden is in office, the rich making bank and being protected while everyday people get screwed was going to happen regardless of who won in 2020 and probably regardless of who wins in 2024.

The only way to turn things around for the majority of the American public is to elect politicians who want to stop funneling all of our resources to the top, and instead use the resources that we have to enrich all of our lives.
    I mean we have a big problem with the rich but not sure how those people in charge love this inflation. It has increased operating costs for many organizations. Companies are happy when there is no inflation, not the other way around.

So Biden lowered egg prices to zero? Did inflation just crater? Based on this equally anecdotal evidence as Brettís, it did. Good job Joe!
    I'm sorry that you live in a rich area of the country. Well, not sorry that you live there, sorry that you don't realize it.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I'm sorry that you live in a rich area of the country. Well, not sorry that you live there, sorry that you don't realize it.
    A dozen eggs havenít cost what you said since the 1980ís. Thatís not indicative of me being in a rich area. Thatís indicative of you making something up or growing up on a farm. There are literally websites you can see the yearly price increase of consumer goods. Anyone can check your claim versus mine.

In Brett's alternate reality, facts have zero value next to his whimsical hunches.

Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast