Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 119 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3402

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    SAM QUINN: "If the Lakers can somehow make the Turner/Hield trade AND the Pat Bev trade, I'd be totally fine missing out on Kyrie. That's just an awesome combination of shooting and defense around LeBron and AD.

But I have no confidence in the Lakers to make either trade, so Kyrie it is!"

You gotta admit though. That'd be a pretty dangerous (and deep) team.

Bev/Reaves (SPJr.)
    Hield/Walker (Christie)
    LBJ/Johnson (TBJr.)
    Davis/JTA (Swider)
    Turner/Jones (Bryant)
    That should be the goal with Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    If you actually try and break it down... you seriously wouldn't understand what the Nets are doing. Just let KD and Kyrie go.

I mean, sure you can have those two but remember -- potentially you could ALSO have Ayton/Bridges + picks, then ultimately if Pops gets involved, you could get Nunn/Poetl + more picks.

A pretty decent team and future flexibility.

Simmons/Nunn (Mills/Dragic)
    Thomas/xxx
    Bridges/Warren
    O'Neale/xxx
    Ayton/Poetl
    I agree but I’m not the trade expert here. I figure get it over with but again I’m not a negotiator by nature so these things take time.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Lol. Thanks bro. This saga is lingering on and on just like my Covid. I’m fine. Glad I was vaccinated. It was actually better than the reaction from the second vaccine shot.
    Take care!
    Caruso on steroids!

We need bigs and this guy can shoot too. Give him a chance!
    Caruso on steroids!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Take care!
    Thanks bro
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

It would be interesting if Patrick Beverley does get traded the Lakers. He will make the games with the Clippers a lot more fun. Don't forget, the Lakers drafted him in 2009 in the second round using the 42nd pick even though he never played with the Lakers.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...ie-irving-jazz

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
    That tweet was yesterday in the afternoon. I hope its true, but I also hope we don't overpay with two first round picks in addition to Westbrook and taking on a crappy contract. To me, that is an insult to the Lakers.
    Don’t be surprised if we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There is never any predicting Kyrie. I still think the Nets want to move him.

I think the Gobert move kind of broke the NBA trade market.
    Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    I agree with you. Kyrie may want to be in Brooklyn but they don’t want him there. If they did they could have given him the max contract he was looking for. Clearly they want his attitude out of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Coming from some NY report I smell BS to get the Nets some leverage but that doesn't change the fact that nothing will happen if Pelinka doesn't upgrade his offer...
    I'm sure the Nets would like to trade Irving also, I just think they have a way longer timeline then we do to trade RWB. IMO they have till next seasons TD, I believe we only have to the start of training camp.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 07-13-2022 at 07:42 PM.
    Rob "Pinocchio" Pelinka
    "I'm a real boy"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
    That tweet was yesterday in the afternoon. I hope its true, but I also hope we don't overpay with two first round picks in addition to Westbrook and taking on a crappy contract. To me, that is an insult to the Lakers.
    That twitter account is full of **** and false reports, don't get your hopes up...

Mamba Forever

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    It basically comes down to how badly do we want to win this chip. That chip will cost the franchise an extra few years of mediocrity because of trading away our assets. Is it worth it? Would the Lakers fanbase tolerate it knowing that’s what it took to win? I grew up in LA and I feel that’s a double edged sword we would be playing with. LA people have no patience and won’t tolerate a rebuild. Don’t care what happened yesterday, what are you doing today. That’s the LA mentality. As the owner, what would you do knowing the personality of your fanbase? Just throwing out a different perspective.
    If this is what the FO is thinking then we should just trade LBJ. I'm sure we can get a 2029 1st for him, then we would have two 1sts in 2029.
    Rob "Pinocchio" Pelinka
    "I'm a real boy"

It's time to move on from Pelinka. He's a lame duck GM just like Vogel was a lame duck coach last season.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 07-14-2022 at 05:46 AM.
    Rob "Pinocchio" Pelinka
    "I'm a real boy"