Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 224 of 248 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3717
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    He is playing there and they might eventually either offer him to stay Lu Gee or trade him in February.
    yeah they might.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Whew.... I like Bojan but I think he doesn't move our needle, at least not enough to warrant a 1st. Plus we'd have to take on another PG on a multi year contract which would be totally redundant.

Makes alot of sense for Detroit if they're looking big picture. It's obvious we like Bojan but not so much the other players that would've had to be attached (Conley or JC). We don't need either. Plus they're both on multi year contracts which it's been made clear we don't want. Detroit gots 2 players to attach to Bojan that fit and are of need (Noel & Burks). And both are expiring. Would we be willing to bite later? Of course not two 1sts.

Now that Detroit looks to have a package that might interest us they now have an interest in RWB?

I'd do it straight up. They dump contracts, we get 3 fitting players.
    So you think detroit will flip bojan to us straight up? And if they don't does it stiĺl make sense?

SA would ask for a 1st from us, wait for it.

Mamba Forever

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Utah have to cut some players Can Lakers resign Johnson if he gets cut.
    Nope

Mamba Forever

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Weill i think with Pat and Dennis if Russ dont act right he will be sent home to think about his future. Lakers should not have a reason to turn 47mil 1 year to a 3 year affair with unwanted contracts plus picks. Turner will be a free agent so no lock Lakers give up picks for a free agent. It wont be a smart move if they do that. The Season relies more on Davis availability. If he gets hurt 3 weeks in He would be the Guy they should put on the market.
    If we sent RW home, we should have traded him, even just for role players as long as no first was asked.

Mamba Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    So you think detroit will flip bojan to us straight up? And if they don't does it stiĺl make sense?

SA would ask for a 1st from us, wait for it.
    I said no two 1sts to Detroit, not straight up. It would have to be an in season trade and that gives us a chance to see what AD shows up, if we get the same AD from the last 2 years no trade will matter, we'll suck anyways. But if we get chip hungry AD then IMO we look to improve the team by either trading very minimal future assets or taking on 2 year deals.

Detroit will not get a single 1st for any of the trio (Bojan, Noel or Burks. I believe we have the only expiring (RWB $47M) to take on all 3 players, so if they can get anything for the trio it makes sense for them. They gave up nothing for Bojan.

If AD shows up to win the chip, I'd give up a couple of 2nds for the trio. At most a lottery protected 1st for 27 & 28 becoming unprotected in 29. Anything would be free assets for Detroit. Actually they'd double dip on assets, they got two 2nds from NY to take Noel & Burks and now they'd trade the pair for another pick/s.

Looking long term, if I believe we have an honest chance to win (80% of that depends on AD) I wouldn't mind giving up the 2029 pick unprotected. That gives us a 4-5 year window to go on a 3 year tank job if necessary. By 2029 we should have plenty of assets and plenty of time to lure a couple of superstars thru free agency.

As for SA, I like the trio for RWB but not enough to give up any meaningful pick. What they get is freeing up cap space for next summer they can use to acquire picks.

Maybe the same deal I'd offer Detroit, a couple of 2nds or a single way future 1st.
    Rob "Pinocchio" Pelinka
    "I'm a real boy"

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    So let me get this right..

For the #Lakers
    - Bojan = 1 first round pick

But for the #Pistons
    - Bojan = Kelly Olynk + Saben Lee

Got it.. lol #LakersTax 👍
    #collusion
    Rob "Pinocchio" Pelinka
    "I'm a real boy"

If we sent RW home, we should have traded him, even just for role players as long as no first was asked.
    he makes to much and teams dont value him. Huston had the same problem after trading for Wall so its difficult. Being the Lakers teams are trying to take advantage of the desire to move him. But i do agree a few role players would be great. If you add last season trade to get him plus the cost to move him and the results of last season its one gigantic loss. Those pics could end up lotto picks making the blow even bigger. At this point its best to just ride the wave vs trying to paddle out of it.

While its rumored that Utah wanted 2 picks given what they accepted all while taking in a additional player i really think Lakers did not want the extra contracts being attached and could not find a 3rd team. Lakers had to be the one that turned down both Utah and Indy trade offers. one for given up picks and one foe taking in unwanted contracts.

I think Rob did good and not doing one of those Deng moves that linger way too long. The pressure was on him to move Westbrook but i give him an A for not moving him just because.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-23-2022 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazz View Post
    How many roster spots do we have left? I mean, can we trade WB for 3 players without cutting anybody?
    Poetl & Richardson are owed 21M in 2023, I don't think Pelinka will be ok with that.
    yeah many of the trades bringing back multiple players made more sense before the roaster was filled out. Even the Indy trade made more sense before they signed Bryant and Jones. Still would have done that one however if Indy was not greedy.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-23-2022 at 05:59 AM.

How many roster spots do we have left? I mean, can we trade WB for 3 players without cutting anybody?
    Poetl & Richardson are owed 21M in 2023, I don't think Pelinka will be ok with that.
    20 players is the max until the end of training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I said no two 1sts to Detroit, not straight up. It would have to be an in season trade and that gives us a chance to see what AD shows up, if we get the same AD from the last 2 years no trade will matter, we'll suck anyways. But if we get chip hungry AD then IMO we look to improve the team by either trading very minimal future assets or taking on 2 year deals.

Detroit will not get a single 1st for any of the trio (Bojan, Noel or Burks. I believe we have the only expiring (RWB $47M) to take on all 3 players, so if they can get anything for the trio it makes sense for them. They gave up nothing for Bojan.

If AD shows up to win the chip, I'd give up a couple of 2nds for the trio. At most a lottery protected 1st for 27 & 28 becoming unprotected in 29. Anything would be free assets for Detroit. Actually they'd double dip on assets, they got two 2nds from NY to take Noel & Burks and now they'd trade the pair for another pick/s.

Looking long term, if I believe we have an honest chance to win (80% of that depends on AD) I wouldn't mind giving up the 2029 pick unprotected. That gives us a 4-5 year window to go on a 3 year tank job if necessary. By 2029 we should have plenty of assets and plenty of time to lure a couple of superstars thru free agency.

As for SA, I like the trio for RWB but not enough to give up any meaningful pick. What they get is freeing up cap space for next summer they can use to acquire picks.

Maybe the same deal I'd offer Detroit, a couple of 2nds or a single way future 1st.
    Got it!

Mamba Forever

Yep the spurs trade isn't enticing already, those contracts aren't expiring...

Mamba Forever

Yep the spurs trade isn't enticing already, those contracts aren't expiring...
    We want to dump an expiring, we have to give up a unprotected 1st. But another team has multiple 2+ year contracts and we still have to give them a 1st? LOL. This league is beginning to be a anti Lakers collusion league. Pelinka should just stand pat (like he is doing) and stay the course with Westbrook. Do not give up a 1st. By 2029 even Lebron's kids would be retired. I read what Tex posted about the 2029 pick but if we get duds in the lottery or something, we might still need that pick.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    We want to dump an expiring, we have to give up a unprotected 1st. But another team has multiple 2+ year contracts and we still have to give them a 1st? LOL. This league is beginning to be a anti Lakers collusion league. Pelinka should just stand pat (like he is doing) and stay the course with Westbrook. Do not give up a 1st. By 2029 even Lebron's kids would be retired. I read what Tex posted about the 2029 pick but if we get duds in the lottery or something, we might still need that pick.
    The more I look into it the more I like this SA trade. Even would be willing to give up the 2029 1st unprotected. It really has everything we need.

McDermott is pretty much a Bojan clone. A career .409 3PT shooter.
    Josh Richardson is cut from the same cloth as KCP, will play very good defense whether he gets 3 or 12 shots. He also shot .444 from 3 last season.
    Poeltl will bring a different look to our frontline. Bryant's game is reminiscent to M. Turner - likes to play on the perimeter. Jones is reminiscent to McGees - simply a putback or lob player. Don't laugh but Poeltl game is reminiscent to Pau's - a finesse low post game with baby hooks and layups.
    Rob "Pinocchio" Pelinka
    "I'm a real boy"