Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    How about Anthony Gose. Over 12k per 9 coming out of the Cleveland pen.

Rowdy Tellez

you don't give up a bat like this for a middling relief pitcher, very very risky.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Rowdy Tellez

you don't give up a bat like this for a middling relief pitcher, very very risky.
    @reed you have anything to say about that?

Rowdy Tellez of the .244/.317/.450 with a .767 OPS variety? Cause that's pretty sub standard for a guy limited to first base with a -4 DRS.

Unless you'd rather him over Kirk or Moreno

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Meanwhile on the other hand, Brandon Drury, a go who a few around here took a **** on repeatedly, is actually having himself a good season

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    @reed you have anything to say about that?
    GMs make bad deals. Even the great ones. It really shows just how good the majority of Atkins deals are considering that youíre shining the spotlight on a player who wouldnít even be playing everyday on the Jays.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Iím fine with the trade. I wish rowdy all the luck in the world but heís a sub 800 ops 1bman With Iím assuming below average base running and defense.
    Richards was great last year. Should at least be average going forward. Francis now In pen so weíll see how that goes. Maybe a fungible reliever.
    In other , kinda related news. Eddie Murray was a 790 ops 1bman the last TEN years of his stat padding career. I was in Cooperstown yesterday and took a pic to send to friends of me pretending to take down my plaque. Iíd love to replace it with a more dominant 1bman , one with about an 80 better ops Ö Delgado

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Meanwhile on the other hand, Brandon Drury, a go who a few around here took a **** on repeatedly, is actually having himself a good season

This is a head scratcher, I just checked his stats again and he hasn't slowed down

Rowdy Tellez

I think we can close the books on this deal.

36 extra base hits
    18 home runs
    58 rbi's

I think we can close the books on this deal.

36 extra base hits
    18 home runs
    58 rbi's
    And a .230/.308/.465 slash line and 0.5 fWAR to boot. I mean, Richards isn't very good but Rowdy isn't much better and he was always going to have a hard time cracking this line up.

He does have legit power from the left side but I don't think you want him as a regular on a WS contender unless he goes on a hot streak in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 07-28-2022 at 05:32 AM.

And a .230/.308/.465 slash line and 0.5 fWAR to boot. I mean, Richards isn't very good but Rowdy isn't much better and he was always going to have a hard time cracking this line up.

He does have legit power from the left side but I don't think you want him as a regular on a WS contender unless he goes on a hot streak in the playoffs.
    I agree that there isnít a fit here at 1B or DH, but I think his bat would shine in the lineup. A power lefty should be able to feast.

bench bet I don't care. No matter how you look at it, bad trade.

I agree that there isnít a fit here at 1B or DH, but I think his bat would shine in the lineup. A power lefty should be able to feast.
    Heíd be a solid contributor with 5 ABs a week.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

bench bet I don't care. No matter how you look at it, bad trade.
    Sure, bad in the sense that we traded a who's limited to 1B/DB and who's offensive profile is simply that he had a bit of power and is probably better used as a bench for a middling reliever.

I'd be more inclined to call it inconsequential

Maybe he would or maybe he is what he is. Guys like him don't have much value on the open market.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast