Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi fan club

Obi fan club

Join us. You are all welcome here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Lol

I will just say that itís clear that heís way more capable than what people think. Thibs just had him parked in the corner for two years.
    Last edited by smood999; 04-08-2022 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I will just say that itís clear that heís way more capable than what people think. Thibs just had him parked in the corner for two years.
    What is obvious is that it's Thibs' fault that he hasn't played more and put up comparable stats to people he gets butchered for being drafted above. **** Thibs

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Been a fan since we drafted him, was shocked he dropped to us, been saying since draft night how do you not pick Obi based on Randle playing the worst PF in the league the season before.

Obi just showed so much natural raw talent and ability, and knocking a player who played 10 seconds I argued was silly.

then when I show stats how well he does given minutes , some just insist he's a bust.

A bust is a pick that fans in here argued over 4 years about who we had to just let go for nothing and barely find a team to play on and barely play, that is a bust.

What this kid has put up in extended minutes is scary. He sure is no Bust.

I like him and IQ but I could only imagine Obi playing 35 min with a Rose type, damn.

I hope this is real, and just not someone putting up numbers when it doesnít matter. Been fooled before

On the other hand, unless Randle is dealt, we will never find out

Either way, itís complete negligence if we donít answer that question

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I hope this is real, and just not someone putting up numbers when it doesnít matter. Been fooled before

pretty much.

I'd like to think if Obi can play like this he could get 15mpg at backup C and another 15mpg at backup PF. But I don't see Thibs trusting him at C and I don't see him flourishing if he has to share the court with Randle.

You always want the most talent you can get, and I'm not opposed to seeing if Randle can bounce back. but I just don't see how it can work with Randle here.

hard to look around the league and see where Randle fits though. DAL and ironically NOLA might be two good spots.

And I'll throw something else out there kinda crazy, to the Lakers for AD. Lakers may just be better off with a horse like Randle who can play 80 games and give Lebron a break vs 30-40 games of AD.

Randle + Fournier + Burks + CAM who they were interested in for AD gives the Lakers some actual depth and reliable players. but would we even want AD? or could we flip him elsewhere perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    pretty much.

I'd like to think if Obi can play like this he could get 15mpg at backup C and another 15mpg at backup PF. But I don't see Thibs trusting him at C and I don't see him flourishing if he has to share the court with Randle.

You always want the most talent you can get, and I'm not opposed to seeing if Randle can bounce back. but I just don't see how it can work with Randle here.

hard to look around the league and see where Randle fits though. DAL and ironically NOLA might be two good spots.

And I'll throw something else out there kinda crazy, to the Lakers for AD. Lakers may just be better off with a horse like Randle who can play 80 games and give Lebron a break vs 30-40 games of AD.

Randle + Fournier + Burks + CAM who they were interested in for AD gives the Lakers some actual depth and reliable players. but would we even want AD? or could we flip him elsewhere perhaps?
    So first thing is how do we know how anyone else would play with Randle? that has been my contention all year long but gets ignored this isn't just an Obi thing.

as far as the trade would the Lakers do that? I'd do it in a ny second honestly, AD would be the center and then if Mitch is gone it won't be as bad.

But can we afford to not have AD on the court then? But looking at the trade they are not taking 3 wing players back when Lebron is the wing also.

Randle, Burks and DAllas pick.....big gamble on both sides honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

what has everyone said about Obi? Including you if he can shoot three's? What does that have to do with the time of year or anything else, shooting in a NBa game it appears when he has minutes he shoots well, not sure how many times i've posted this even before this really good shooting lately?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So first thing is how do we know how anyone else would play with Randle? that has been my contention all year long but gets ignored this isn't just an Obi thing.

as far as the trade would the Lakers do that? I'd do it in a ny second honestly, AD would be the center and then if Mitch is gone it won't be as bad.

But can we afford to not have AD on the court then? But looking at the trade they are not taking 3 wing players back when Lebron is the wing also.

Randle, Burks and DAllas pick.....big gamble on both sides honestly.
    Randle is not easy to play with, he's a very high usage, slow down the game player. Not ideal next to Obi at all. Maybe if we had the Randle from NOLA who played inside more and wasn't such an ISO player it would be different.

I think the Lakers will definitely look at options with AD this summer. I don't think they want to waste Lebron's last 2-3 years and AD just isn't reliable.

I'd do it but I'd look to flip AD elsewhere, he's just not a guy who is going to be reliable as he enters his 30's its only likely to get worse. but yea I could see that package appealing to LA.

Obi with minutes: Three point shooting:

40+m- is shooting .375% on 3 for 8
    30-39m- .481 on 13 for 27
    20-29m- .324 on 11-34

total is 27 for 69 shooting .391- when playing over 20 minutes in a total of 18 games

Now games playing less than 20m Obi is shooting 19 for 86, that is 22%

Numbers just don't lie, always said his form ain't broke!

Last stats, post allstar Obi is shooting .403 from three. 25-62 in 22m per game. in 17 games
    March- .375 playing 18.2m
    April- .481 playing 37m

But there is always skeptics, hmm?

what has everyone said about Obi? Including you if he can shoot three's? What does that have to do with the time of year or anything else, shooting in a NBa game it appears when he has minutes he shoots well, not sure how many times i've posted this even before this really good shooting lately?
    It does matter lol. If youíre going to tell me that throughout history, guys donít have stretches they put up numbers, typically at the end of the year, then I give up. Or that they shoot much better than is sustainable for them.

It was 100% not meant to be negative. Itís just reality. But I would like to see if itís for real. Iíve said that all season. Before we get into this again. Iíve been on board with him playing more all along

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Randle is not easy to play with, he's a very high usage, slow down the game player. Not ideal next to Obi at all. Maybe if we had the Randle from NOLA who played inside more and wasn't such an ISO player it would be different.

I think the Lakers will definitely look at options with AD this summer. I don't think they want to waste Lebron's last 2-3 years and AD just isn't reliable.

I'd do it but I'd look to flip AD elsewhere, he's just not a guy who is going to be reliable as he enters his 30's its only likely to get worse. but yea I could see that package appealing to LA.
    Lebron is so iffy after next year he already said he will play with his son wherever that is? He is no lock to end his career in LA, and I can see a one more Clev reunion and what a nice team for him to finish up on?

Lebron is so iffy after next year he already said he will play with his son wherever that is? He is no lock to end his career in LA, and I can see a one more Clev reunion and what a nice team for him to finish up on?
    even then, why would LA want AD if Lebron leaves after 1 more year? AD in his 30's is not someone LA would want to build around.

I could definitely see him being moved this summer for LA to make 1 more run at the title. Randle + depth may be intriguing to them

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast