Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I don't mind not trading Flores. He's still a guy we can keep around next season. Plus we don't have really anyone capable to replace him.

I think Joc's value sunk after being placed on the concussion IL, plus he's been in a pretty deep slump the last five weeks, isn't a good base runner nor a good defender. But still a good bat to come up late in a game for a contender when a RHP is on the mound.

As for Rodon, they placed a higher price tag on him and teams didn't meet it. It needed to eclipse the equivalent of the QO pick and if it didn't, they rightfully didn't take any offers.

I wouldn't want them to just accept any offer simply because these guys are free agents.
    Yep. I understand the value wasn't met for Rodon, which likely directly impacted the result of Pederson not being moved either. But now the only things that can happen are: A) we lose Rodon for nothing in the off-season when he opts out. or B) we dish out a long term contract well over hundred million to retain him. And ofcourse C) he gets seriously injured, and we are on the hook with him for however long it takes to recover.

It still sucks we couldn't cash in and get a good/great prospect for him. Him being a free agent & the opt out is what scared off suitors, but not buying and not exactly selling is a **** position. Would have forsure thought Rodon would net us a very good package. Now its possible we get 0 in return for him.

We'll at least get a player back for him if he does leave.

But I was hoping that we'd acquire a couple complementary pieces if they felt Rodon's price tag wasn't going to be met. At least give these guys a better chance that won't hurt the farm.

Yeah think it just goes to show our FO got blindsided by the fact they weren't gonna get what they saught for him and no one wanted to pay the price. Crazy b/c Rodon could have been the difference maker for a contender. Think they had no intention of buying, and when they tried to sell Rodon till the end of the bell, they were left with Rodon and no time to buy anything

I was hoping Rodon would stay but after hearing him speak, he couldnít get out of here fast enough. He knows this club is a mess and no matter what we offer heís headed for a true contender. He wonít waste his talents here. As Iíve said in the past, we have big problems in getting impact players to come here. But in this case, this team is so bad, that in itself is enough to keep players away. Bad times ahead Iím sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I don't mind not trading Flores. He's still a guy we can keep around next season. Plus we don't have really anyone capable to replace him.

I think Joc's value sunk after being placed on the concussion IL, plus he's been in a pretty deep slump the last five weeks, isn't a good base runner nor a good defender. But still a good bat to come up late in a game for a contender when a RHP is on the mound.

As for Rodon, they placed a higher price tag on him and teams didn't meet it. It needed to eclipse the equivalent of the QO pick and if it didn't, they rightfully didn't take any offers.

I wouldn't want them to just accept any offer simply because these guys are free agents.
    Joc is just a journeyman player who will always go from team to team. Rodon like Gausman is a prize we donít know how to keep. At this point, I canít blame him for wanting out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Joc is just a journeyman player who will always go from team to team.
    Yeah. A platoon hitter that plays subpar defense and a below average runner won't command any long term offers. Just how it is in this league.

Well Davis isnít shy about hitting the ball. Bart does look somewhat better.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011