Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1616
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Interesting, Harold Ramirez of MLB network casually dropped that Angels/ Yankees had a deal done for Judge in late ST?? No word on who, other than Trout wasn't part of the deal.

If thats true, puts a bit of a different spin on his upcoming FA...

I can't imagine them trading Judge for anyone other than Ohtani, do u guys?
    Trading away Ohtani for Judge makes no sense. Aside from Trout that team doesn't really have a ton of young talent or even many good players, especially after 2021. Even their minors is ranked at nearly the bottom of baseball. Their top five prospects are not who you'd want back in a trade for someone like Judge. If true, I think Cashman was just trying to get rid of Judge for whatever he could and not looking for a huge haul in return. It speaks volumes to his decision making proceses.

Now the Montas deal or lack of the Castillo deal is really pissing me off. Seattle and Castillo just agreed to a 5yr 108m or 21.6M AAV.. That is such a good, cheap deal for Seattle to get Castillo's prime yrs and none of his step declining yrs for chump change compared to what other Ace's get on the open market.

They are going to have one hell of a rotation for the next 4-5yrs

Castillo
    Ray
    Gilbert
    Kirby

If they could get another big bat or 2, they will become a huge problem for Houston in the ALW, Seattle has huge money if they want to spend it and this city is desperate for aa good professional team. Watch them go all in for a couple guys like Judge and Correa

That rotation is going to be very tough in the playoffs.

Report: Yankees Thinking About Dumping Aroldis Chapman Before Postseason
    New York is reportedly considering a scenario where they designate Aroldis Chapman for assignment, according to the New York Post.
    Max Goodman 2 hours ago

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, New York is considering a scenario where Chapman isn't on the active roster before the end of the regular season, designating him for assignment.

"The Yankees are at least contemplating whether to designate him for assignment. Essentially, the question is whether they believe they can straighten out his delivery and confidence in the waning days of the season and — even if there positives — whether they would trust him enough with his vacillating performances and control to put him on the postseason roster. Because, if not, he too is a free agent after the season and there are no plans for a reunion."

https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...feore-playoffs

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Report: Yankees Thinking About Dumping Aroldis Chapman Before Postseason
    New York is reportedly considering a scenario where they designate Aroldis Chapman for assignment, according to the New York Post.
    Max Goodman 2 hours ago

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, New York is considering a scenario where Chapman isn't on the active roster before the end of the regular season, designating him for assignment.

"The Yankees are at least contemplating whether to designate him for assignment. Essentially, the question is whether they believe they can straighten out his delivery and confidence in the waning days of the season and — even if there positives — whether they would trust him enough with his vacillating performances and control to put him on the postseason roster. Because, if not, he too is a free agent after the season and there are no plans for a reunion."

https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...feore-playoffs
    I would be shocked if they did because it's the right thing to do.

Ignorance is bliss

Now the Montas deal or lack of the Castillo deal is really pissing me off. Seattle and Castillo just agreed to a 5yr 108m or 21.6M AAV.. That is such a good, cheap deal for Seattle to get Castillo's prime yrs and none of his step declining yrs for chump change compared to what other Ace's get on the open market.

They are going to have one hell of a rotation for the next 4-5yrs

Castillo
    Ray
    Gilbert
    Kirby

If they could get another big bat or 2, they will become a huge problem for Houston in the ALW, Seattle has huge money if they want to spend it and this city is desperate for aa good professional team. Watch them go all in for a couple guys like Judge and Correa

That rotation is going to be very tough in the playoffs.
    Mariners are 4-6 over last ten. (It was 3-7 until they won yesterday.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Mariners are 4-6 over last ten. (It was 3-7 until they won yesterday.)
    Yeah I saw that they are skidding a bit. That said, I wouldn't want to face the rotation in a short series. They have 2 win 2 games to move on in the first round. Ray and Castillo give them a hell of a chance.

If they get another big bat or 2 this winter and their young starter continue to develop, they are going to make some serious noise next yr.

Seattle is also considered one of the team that may go after Degrom, as well as Texas, with ATL being the favorites.

Don Mattingly won't be back as Miami Marlins manager next season
    Sep 25, 2022 Associated Press

MIAMI -- Don Mattingly wants what's best for the Miami Marlins, what's best for him and what's best for his family.

And he decided that means it's time to move on.

Mattingly will not be back as manager of the Marlins next season, announcing Sunday that he and team officials have decided a new voice is needed to lead the club going forward.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...er-next-season

Sell the Team, HAL!

Mike Fishman is one of the main guys that needs to go this winter. Fishman is the head of the anals department and the main guy who has pushed for Hicks to remain with the team.. He's the one that has championed IKF, JD and Gallo right until the minute he was traded.

He's the one giving Boone, the coaching staff and front office all the numbers they make big decisions. He's also the one that Cashman lean on heaviest during trades and FA negotiation

Fishman and his team are also the ones that Cashman gets his pitching info from. Before Cashman checks with scouts on performance, he checks with these guys first.

Fishman is also going to be heavily relied upon making an offer this winter for Judge. This is the main guy Cashman listens to. If we can't get rid of Cashman and/or Boone, we need this guy gone. He should be gone for the Montas deal alone. If we want changes with this team, this is the guy that needs to go

Mike Fishman is one of the main guys that needs to go this winter. Fishman is the head of the anals department and the main guy who has pushed for Hicks to remain with the team.. He's the one that has championed IKF, JD and Gallo right until the minute he was traded.

He's the one giving Boone, the coaching staff and front office all the numbers they make big decisions. He's also the one that Cashman lean on heaviest during trades and FA negotiation

Fishman and his team are also the ones that Cashman gets his pitching info from. Before Cashman checks with scouts on performance, he checks with these guys first.

Fishman is also going to be heavily relied upon making an offer this winter for Judge. This is the main guy Cashman listens to. If we can't get rid of Cashman and/or Boone, we need this guy gone. He should be gone for the Montas deal alone. If we want changes with this team, this is the guy that needs to go
    I agree

But he won't be gone. They will double down

Ignorance is bliss

I think Michael Kay said on his radio sow about a week ago that if the Yankees ever got rid of Cashman, they would replace him with a similar analytical guy. I think he mentioned Fishman. So do you keep Cash man, get rid of Cashman and elevate Fishman into his spot or jump off the nearest tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree

But he won't be gone. They will double down
    I don't know, he's the main one making trade suggestions/ targets.. With as poorly as the moves from last winter and the trade deadline are looking, how in the world could they justify bring him back?

He's an easy way to get this team better. Anals are great if they used properly, I don't think he uses them properly

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...astros-dodgers
    this is a bit of an older article, but it goes in depth about how Fishman and the analytics team build their value to get what they see as a winning roster..

I get trying to use run differential as a way to judge a teams performance, but as your main indicator ? doesn't make a ton of sense IMO. To me it seems like they are trying to buy or create a result with numbers instead of trying to build a team full of players that just win

I guess those metrics they use internally are how they can justify trading Gio, Gary for JD, IKF and Rortvedt. Cashman must thank those lucky stars everyday that he got Trevino, if he hadn't that original would look even worse.

I guess, what else can you expect from an anals team that doesn't believe in players being hot or cold

I don't know, he's the main one making trade suggestions/ targets.. With as poorly as the moves from last winter and the trade deadline are looking, how in the world could they justify bring him back?

He's an easy way to get this team better. Anals are great if they used properly, I don't think he uses them properly
    100 wins

Ignorance is bliss

DJ LeMahieu poised to return to Yankees’ lineup for home stretch
    By Greg Joyce
    September 27, 2022 8:22pm Update

The Yankees are just about ready to find out what DJ LeMahieu can give them the rest of the way.

LeMahieu, who has been out since Sept. 4 with a lingering toe injury, could be activated from the injured list as soon as Wednesday, for the series finale against the Blue Jays, or Friday to face the Orioles, according to manager Aaron Boone.
    https://nypost.com/2022/09/27/yankee...-home-stretch/

Sell the Team, HAL!

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Sounds like Mike King got good news. He will not require TJS and is highly likely to be ready to go 100% for 2023.

Big piece. He is deeply missed in that pen.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.