Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    This would be a really deep dumpster dive. Can't hit anywhere near as good as Andujar and isn't a bit better defensively in either of or if.
    But but but he's a veteran switch hitter!!! He just strikes me as a guy Cash would try to sign to a minor league deal and stash him

It's such a bummer that Andujar has been completely blocked. It's even more so, knowing that he's hitting the hell out of the ball in AAA.

Ignorance is bliss

Are Andujar and/or Florial out of options? Could that be part of Yanks reluctance to bring one or both up?

There is a perception in some corners of the industry that if Jacob deGrom follows through with what he said in the spring and opts out of his Mets' contract, the Braves will be the favorites to land him. - Olney

Degrom is seeking a long term contract probably in the 40 million AAV range. Good luck with that. I wonder what team will risk that for a pitcher with arm problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Degrom is seeking a long term contract probably in the 40 million AAV range. Good luck with that. I wonder what team will risk that for a pitcher with arm problems.
    Better question...which insurance company wants to underwrite that contract?

@Yankeelibrarian
    ·
    54m
    Tyler Wade got DFA’d. We know what Brian Cashman is getting himself for his birthday.

@realboshek
    ·
    4h
    4 of the top 6 AL teams play in the East

Makes the Yankees dream season 100× more impressive

(And the Yankees have a 14 game lead in the division)

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @Yankeelibrarian
    ·
    54m
    Tyler Wade got DFA’d. We know what Brian Cashman is getting himself for his birthday.
    I'd gladly take him over Gallo

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The Angels also DFAd 26 year old Michael Stefanic, who is someone who can play every position except center and catcher. He batted .336 last season with 17 home runs and is hitting .320 this season in AAA. Even his OBP is typically over .400 every year and he rarely strikes out. Might be worth a look.

This monster trade package could bring Bryan Reynolds to Yankees
    by Adam Weinrib 1 minute ago

Yankees and Pirates could agree on these Bryan Reynolds trade packages:

If the Yankees are going to walk away with Reynolds, they’ll have to either:

Surrender Anthony Volpe or
    Surrender Jasson Dominguez, and give up a little more on the back end

If the Bombers agree to move forward with Oswald Peraza as their shortstop of the future, a Volpe-centric package could also include Luis Medina, Yoendrys Gomez and TJ Sikkema, who has a 40-man roster decision approaching, even though he hasn’t appeared much at the minor-league level (with a 3.32 ERA in eight impressive comeback starts this year).

Without Volpe, the Yankees will need to pay a heftier price behind Dominguez, whose practice power is definitely starting to translate to game power.

https://yanksgoyard.com/2022/07/04/y...trade-package/

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

If the Bombers agree to move forward with Oswald Peraza as their shortstop of the future, a Volpe-centric package could also include Luis Medina, Yoendrys Gomez and TJ Sikkema, who has a 40-man roster decision approaching, even though he hasn’t appeared much at the minor-league level (with a 3.32 ERA in eight impressive comeback starts this year).

Without Volpe, the Yankees will need to pay a heftier price behind Dominguez, whose practice power is definitely starting to translate to game power.

brian cashman has shown a history not to give up what he considers top minor league talent for mlb players like he could have gotten cole for torres years ago . so if volpe is what it takes for reynolds. forget about it.

@VirginiaYankee1
    ·
    9h
    The Yankees have some common threads with pitching development - the slider they teach, for one, and adding velo - but part of why they’re so successful is that they don’t try to turn TJ Sikkema into Luis Medina. They accentuate and hone but they don’t tear down

I'd strongly consider both packages, but I'd prefer Dominguez. He has Florial and Pereira ahead of him, who IMO could both end up being better than him. Volpe only has Peraza ahead of him and I'm not yet convinced he is the one at SS. Also, Dominguez has still not really broken out yet, while Volpe has. He's more seasoned an more proven. I do think Dominguez's day will come though, and that could be a hard pill to swallow when it does. It won't be as bad if it happens with the Pirates though!

I saw this earlier. I don’t think I would let go of Volpe (for now) unless it’s some front line ace or Soto. Dominguez as much as I would really like to see what becomes of him I would prefer that package. The one big thing that bothers me is the slow start Reynolds had. That may be me being super critical and that slow start was manic slow. Reynolds is a huge upgrade over Gallo but that’s not saying much. My question is does Reynolds seal the deal and make the Yanks WS favorites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

I think Reynolds plus 2-3 minor upgrades seals the deal. Mind you some of those upgrades could come internally (Andujar/Florial instead of Gallo everyday). They'd be in a really good position even if they did just that (in addition to the Reynolds trade). Add in a move for an offensive upgrade at catcher, this team is either a world series favorite or very close to it (though idk if that upgrade is even out there). If you can't upgrade catcher, a close second would be to pick up a very good reliever and/or an innings eating starter who can keep our phenomenal rotation fresh.

If you do all of that, this team can't be beat IMO. If you get Reynolds and one or two of the above scenarios, they are close to unbeatable.

Not sure what they will do, but I hope the front office is all in. In one month we will all know what the Yankees go to battle with. LFG!

Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast