Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 108 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1616
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Sounds like Mike King got good news. He will not require TJS and is highly likely to be ready to go 100% for 2023.

Big piece. He is deeply missed in that pen.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    that is amazing news. Even when Holmes was going right, I thought King was the most valuable piece in the BP. He was able to handle multiple innings if needed, go 1 inning to get the toughest part of the opposing lineups out, set up or even close. Absolutely invaluable and when he went down, is when we started having so many problems,IMO

The Yanks and Blake did an incredible job developing him and his pitches. He went from a low 90's sinker baller, without a consistent breaking pitch, to a guy with one of the best 4 pitch mixes around.

He's so valuable in that BP role, but it would sure be interesting to see what he could do as a starter. I don't think the Yanks will go that way next yr with Chappy, Brit and Green gone and needing consistency in the BP. We're going to have to reshape that BP some this winter and King will likely be a huge part of that, IMO

Big fan of this forum I don't post much but I do read every day. My take on Rizzo is that if the Yankees resign judge being best friends he stays and they either rework his contract or he doesn't opt out. And he finishes his career as a Yankee. Now my offer to judge is 8 years @335 and Captain 41.875 per. And I do first 3 years at avg. Years 4,5,6,@ 50m, last 2 years @25 with year 8 as player option. We all know Soto is going to demand a kings ransom and I want judge to know he is Our guy and the middle years he is the face of baseball.Just realized I posted in wrong forum mods pls repost in correct forum if necessary
    Last edited by tomez63; 09-29-2022 at 05:51 PM.

What Tying Ron Guidry's Yankees Single-Season Strikeout Record Means to Gerrit Cole
    Gerrit Cole needs one strikeout to set a new franchise record for the most in a single season in Yankees franchise history.
    Max Goodman 40 minutes ago

With four strikeouts across his 6.1 innings of work at the Rogers Centre, Gerrit Cole reached 248 strikeouts on the season, matching the single-season franchise record set by Ron Guidry back in 1978.

"I think it's more special because of what Aaron did tonight to be honest," Cole said after the 8-3 win over Toronto, referencing his teammate's 61st home run of the season. "It's obviously a really special number. Guidry was so good for us and so magical. His record held for so long."

https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...to-gerrit-cole

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by tomez63 View Post
    Big fan of this forum I don't post much but I do read every day. My take on Rizzo is that if the Yankees resign judge being best friends he stays and they either rework his contract or he doesn't opt out. And he finishes his career as a Yankee. Now my offer to judge is 8 years @335 and Captain 41.875 per. And I do first 3 years at avg. Years 4,5,6,@ 50m, last 2 years @25 with year 8 as player option. We all know Soto is going to demand a kings ransom and I want judge to know he is Our guy and the middle years he is the face of baseball.Just realized I posted in wrong forum mods pls repost in correct forum if necessary
    Great post, I hope you post more.

I agree with u about Rizzo. If Judge stay, I think they do what they need to to keep him. We really don't have a guarantee at 1st with any of our specs. Wells hopefully, but he's not a sure thing there.

Based on everything I'm hearing the Yanks idea choice for their 1st baseman of the future is Munetaka Murakami, but he's only 22 and not a guaranteed to come stateside till his age 25 season

With the way the luxury tax works, it doesn't really matter what u pay him in each yr. It's the AAV that counts towards the LT

Keep Rizzo? Yikes.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    What Tying Ron Guidry's Yankees Single-Season Strikeout Record Means to Gerrit Cole
    Gerrit Cole needs one strikeout to set a new franchise record for the most in a single season in Yankees franchise history.
    Max Goodman 40 minutes ago

With four strikeouts across his 6.1 innings of work at the Rogers Centre, Gerrit Cole reached 248 strikeouts on the season, matching the single-season franchise record set by Ron Guidry back in 1978.

"I think it's more special because of what Aaron did tonight to be honest," Cole said after the 8-3 win over Toronto, referencing his teammate's 61st home run of the season. "It's obviously a really special number. Guidry was so good for us and so magical. His record held for so long."

https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...to-gerrit-cole
    I would guess Cole did it in fewer innings?
    It's not the same as Judge but it's certainly impressive as hell

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would guess Cole did it in fewer innings?
    It's not the same as Judge but it's certainly impressive as hell
    I saw the interview and what immediately impressed me was the easy manner in which he said, "Guidry was so good for Us..." That little word,"Us," flowing so easily off his tongue, makes me feel like Cole fully identifies as a Yankee.

Sounds like Mike King got good news. He will not require TJS and is highly likely to be ready to go 100% for 2023.

Big piece. He is deeply missed in that pen.

So what you're saying is he will likely have Tommy John a month into the season, costing him 2023 and 2024.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    So what you're saying is he will likely have Tommy John a month into the season, costing him 2023 and 2024.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Mush!

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

River Ave. Blues
    @RiverAveBlues

That's a wrap on Nestor's regular season.

28 starts
    158.1 IP
    2.44 ERA
    3.14 FIP
    4.29 K/BB
    +3.7 WAR

Lowest ERA by a Yankee since Guidry in 1978 (min. 150 IP).

Sell the Team, HAL!

River Ave. Blues
    @RiverAveBlues

28 starts
    158.1 IP
    2.44 ERA
    3.14 FIP
    4.29 K/BB
    +3.7 WAR

Next year they'll most likely let him throw 200 innings. If he has a similar season to this one he will be in the conversation for cy young. Getting way ahead of ourselves here, but wouldn't that be something?

River Ave. Blues
    @RiverAveBlues

28 starts
    158.1 IP
    2.44 ERA
    3.14 FIP
    4.29 K/BB
    +3.7 WAR

I miss RAB so much

163 k's also this yr

In 42 starts over the last 2 season he's got about a 2.7 ERA and a 6.7 WAR and 266k's vs 63 BB.

To me that is a proven TORP and if he pitches like he has in the post season, I think you go into next yr calling him an Ace level pitcher IMO

This year Yankees homegrown players produced a 26.4 WAR put together (while playing for the Yankees).

I don't know where this stands in comparison to other teams homegrown talent, but I would imagine this is a really good number.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Saw it reported that Britton rushed a bit in his rehab to try and get back earlier to help the team and is now back on the IL.

So to the poster who clapped to his injury, you're a prick.

Another note is Clay Holmes is shut down due to an injury issue but isn't being placed on the IL otherwise wouldn't qualify for ALDS roster.

Not sure if this info was posted. My apologies if it was already reported. I didn't read back.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Saw it reported that Britton rushed a bit in his rehab to try and get back earlier to help the team and is now back on the IL.

So to the poster who clapped to his injury, you're a prick.

Another note is Clay Holmes is shut down due to an injury issue but isn't being placed on the IL otherwise wouldn't qualify for ALDS roster.

Not sure if this info was posted. My apologies if it was already reported. I didn't read back.