Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 632
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,347
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    happ a second or third baseman no spot on the yanks with gleyber and dj..contreras is not having a great year and makes some money . cubs will have to pay some of his salary.. this lineup tonight is awful...
    Happ plays wayyyyy more OF than he does infield. Contreras has a .380 OBP and 142 wRC+ this year. You sure we are talking about the same players?

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,432
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Happ plays wayyyyy more OF than he does infield. Contreras has a .380 OBP and 142 wRC+ this year. You sure we are talking about the same players?
    contreras was 21- 57 last year in 413 at bats.. he is on that same pace in 67 more at bats this year..a down year offensively... gary sanchez has 7 more rbi's then contreras in fewer at bats lol..

    yanks could get by with a no hit catcher if they did not have 3 other holes in the lineup in cf lf and ss
    Last edited by johnny ny; 05-23-2022 at 09:48 PM.

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,432
    cashman to blame for putting a team on the field that has so many flaws in the lineup..we were all blinded by the great start not to talk about it..

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,347
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    contreras was 21- 57 last year in 413 at bats.. he is on that same pace in 67 more at bats this year..a down year offensively... gary sanchez has 7 more rbi's then contreras in fewer at bats lol..

    yanks could get by with a no hit catcher if they did not have 3 other holes in the lineup in cf lf and ss
    Contreras is arguably the best offensive catcher in baseball so far this season. Wtf are you talking about lol

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,930
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Contreras is arguably the best offensive catcher in baseball so far this season. Wtf are you talking about lol
    I was wondering the same thing , lol

    Last I heard Happ can play all 3 OF positions and is a good, not great switch hitter. Contreras is the only C target they should be looking at. If they can get a deal done for those 2 guys it would make a lot of sense. They also have a good trade relationship with the Cubs

    I'm not sure Cash is going to give up a top 100 spec for rentals, especially a quality LH bat like Wells. If Wells improvement behind the plate is real, it makes him a ton more valuable.

    Would you rather have Happ or Benintendi ? I would lean towards Beni because of his defensive value

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,811
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    contreras was 21- 57 last year in 413 at bats.. he is on that same pace in 67 more at bats this year..a down year offensively... gary sanchez has 7 more rbi's then contreras in fewer at bats lol..

    yanks could get by with a no hit catcher if they did not have 3 other holes in the lineup in cf lf and ss
    Bruh. Delete this.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,930
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    contreras was 21- 57 last year in 413 at bats.. he is on that same pace in 67 more at bats this year..a down year offensively... gary sanchez has 7 more rbi's then contreras in fewer at bats lol..

    yanks could get by with a no hit catcher if they did not have 3 other holes in the lineup in cf lf and ss
    Are you talking about HRs, again? for this lineup?LOL why do we need more HRs than 15-20 (with a dead ball this yr) from the C position? If you can add a guy that gets on base at a .380 % to that lineup, that would make us a lot more dangerous.

    Especially if you add a guy like Benintendi or Happ who get on base at an even higher %.

    We need guys who get on base, make contact and don't K at a ridiculous amount. You also have to take into account that these guys are coming from bad teams with little protection. If you put them in our lineup, they would get many more good pitches to hit. U would also expect their RBI totals to go up with all the premium hitters in front of him

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,930
    While I'm perfectly fine with Trevino as our #1 catcher because of his defense. Pitchers are giving up an avg 2 less runs per 9 with Trevion behind the plate vs Higgy. That said Trevino as a back up that plays 2-3 games a week would be ideal for him and us.

    Even with playing horribly on the offensive side of the ball the last 4-5 games, this is still absolutely as WS contending team.

    With as good as this team has looked for the first quarter of the season, this is the time not to hug specs and go get the right players to upgrade this roster.

    While Flo is off to a slow start in the last 2 games, I would still take him over Hicks every time. I haven't see him looked over matched at the plate once. At least he still plays hard and acts like he would do anything to help this team win.

    IMO they need an OF, C and probably a BP arm if they can't find one to fill that spot internally to win in Oct. A lineup of
    DJ 2nd/3rd
    Judge RF
    Rizzo 1st
    Stanton DH
    Torres/ JD 2nd/3rd
    Happ/ Benintendi LF
    Contreras C
    Flo CF

    Thats a very balanced lineup with contact, speed, power, OBP% and really good defensively

    IMO,

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,432
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Are you talking about HRs, again? for this lineup?LOL why do we need more HRs than 15-20 (with a dead ball this yr) from the C position? If you can add a guy that gets on base at a .380 % to that lineup, that would make us a lot more dangerous.

    Especially if you add a guy like Benintendi or Happ who get on base at an even higher %.

    We need guys who get on base, make contact and don't K at a ridiculous amount. You also have to take into account that these guys are coming from bad teams with little protection. If you put them in our lineup, they would get many more good pitches to hit. U would also expect their RBI totals to go up with all the premium hitters in front of him
    this is a badly constructed offense.. we have 4 dead spots in the lineup hicks gallo kiner falefa and the catching spot.. if any of the other 5 slump we will have trouble scoring runs i blame cashman for putting this offense together...dj and rizzo been slumping for a while rizzo has yet to hit a home run in may.. we are in free fall losing 4/5 games with this lineup i would not be shocked in tampa sweeps us.. thank goodness i was not a believer in this team even after the hot start .. the flaws in the offense were very much known..

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    While I'm perfectly fine with Trevino as our #1 catcher because of his defense. Pitchers are giving up an avg 2 less runs per 9 with Trevion behind the plate vs Higgy. That said Trevino as a back up that plays 2-3 games a week would be ideal for him and us.

    Even with playing horribly on the offensive side of the ball the last 4-5 games, this is still absolutely as WS contending team.

    With as good as this team has looked for the first quarter of the season, this is the time not to hug specs and go get the right players to upgrade this roster.

    While Flo is off to a slow start in the last 2 games, I would still take him over Hicks every time. I haven't see him looked over matched at the plate once. At least he still plays hard and acts like he would do anything to help this team win.

    IMO they need an OF, C and probably a BP arm if they can't find one to fill that spot internally to win in Oct. A lineup of
    DJ 2nd/3rd
    Judge RF
    Rizzo 1st
    Stanton DH
    Torres/ JD 2nd/3rd
    Happ/ Benintendi LF
    Contreras C
    Flo CF

    Thats a very balanced lineup with contact, speed, power, OBP% and really good defensively

    IMO,
    I would love to see that lineup.

    I think they will need 2 BP arms, 1 SP, an OF and a potentially a C.

    Benintendi makes a ton of sense. I'm not as high on Contreras. He could certainly be an upgrade offensively but will he be worth the cost?

    I am not as confident that this is a WS team as others. I still feel how I did early on, we won't know until they go cold. They are looking a bit chilly right now. When Judge cools off a little, that is when we will really see who they are.



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Are you talking about HRs, again? for this lineup?LOL why do we need more HRs than 15-20 (with a dead ball this yr) from the C position? If you can add a guy that gets on base at a .380 % to that lineup, that would make us a lot more dangerous.

    Especially if you add a guy like Benintendi or Happ who get on base at an even higher %.

    We need guys who get on base, make contact and don't K at a ridiculous amount. You also have to take into account that these guys are coming from bad teams with little protection. If you put them in our lineup, they would get many more good pitches to hit. U would also expect their RBI totals to go up with all the premium hitters in front of him

    The bolded is huge. Imagine Benintendi leading off? Or between Stanton and JD? Or Between Judge and Stanton?
    He's getting on base at a 396 clip and batting 329?

    DJ
    Judge
    Benintendi
    Stanton
    Rizzo
    JD
    Torres
    Trevino
    Hicks/Flo



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,347
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing , lol

    Last I heard Happ can play all 3 OF positions and is a good, not great switch hitter. Contreras is the only C target they should be looking at. If they can get a deal done for those 2 guys it would make a lot of sense. They also have a good trade relationship with the Cubs

    I'm not sure Cash is going to give up a top 100 spec for rentals, especially a quality LH bat like Wells. If Wells improvement behind the plate is real, it makes him a ton more valuable.

    Would you rather have Happ or Benintendi ? I would lean towards Beni because of his defensive value
    Id go with the whoever costs less. I think they are roughly equal.

    Unless Happ is under control longer, that would make me lean towards him.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,277
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Id go with the whoever costs less. I think they are roughly equal.

    Unless Happ is under control longer, that would make me lean towards him.
    Happ is a bit less and has one year of ARB left.

    I would rather Benintendi because of K rate. But that difference is not so big that Happ would be an issue.
    Likely easier to get both Happ and Contreras as a package. Both guys have a year of ARB left, so at least they won't be 1 year rentals.
    Benintendi would be a rental unless they signed him to a longer deal



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Happ is a bit less and has one year of ARB left.

    I would rather Benintendi because of K rate. But that difference is not so big that Happ would be an issue.
    Likely easier to get both Happ and Contreras as a package. Both guys have a year of ARB left, so at least they won't be 1 year rentals.
    Benintendi would be a rental unless they signed him to a longer deal
    By cost, I mean prospect cost. However, having Happ for an extra year would certainly be beneficial but may also make him cost more. The Yankees dont really have any OFers in the system that look close to ready so they could certainly use Happ next year as they need to fill two OF spots.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,495
    Many here may not realize it, but Rizzo has been worse than Joey Gallo this month. He just doesn't look as feeble because he's not striking out all the time. Having him at the top of the lineup is killing rallies and scoring opportunities. If everyone thinks we should replace Gallo, then we should replace Rizzo as well.

    Btw. Contreras is on the IL.

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •