Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    The yankees got a LH power hitter at the trade deadline with a year and a half control at no cost for the first year, so they wouldn't go over the salary cap and lose Arias in the International Draft to have a lefty power bat that could hit between Judge and Stanton for a few midlevel / low-level prospects and he's underperformed. Given the constraint of not being able to add a single dollar of payroll and given that the player had just made the all-star team as the starting right fielder and was on pace to hit 40 HRs, I'd say Cashman did a tremendous job acquiring him for a playoff run.

The fact that the player is underperforming his lifetime statistics is on the player, the manager and the coaching staff, including the anal department. I've said this multiple times, Gallo should bunt for a hit every game and force the other team to play the 3B on the infield grass. This would cause the SS to have to play directly up the middle or further left and/or keep the 2B on the IF, so as to take away the extra fielder on the right side of the infield. It all comes down to stubbornness on the part of Gallo and the anals.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    The yankees got a LH power hitter at the trade deadline with a year and a half control at no cost for the first year, so they wouldn't go over the salary cap and lose Arias in the International Draft to have a lefty power bat that could hit between Judge and Stanton for a few midlevel / low-level prospects and he's underperformed. Given the constraint of not being able to add a single dollar of payroll and given that the player had just made the all-star team as the starting right fielder and was on pace to hit 40 HRs, I'd say Cashman did a tremendous job acquiring him for a playoff run.

The fact that the player is underperforming his lifetime statistics is on the player, the manager and the coaching staff, including the anal department. I've said this multiple times, Gallo should bunt for a hit every game and force the other team to play the 3B on the infield grass. This would cause the SS to have to play directly up the middle or further left and/or keep the 2B on the IF, so as to take away the extra fielder on the right side of the infield. It all comes down to stubbornness on the part of Gallo and the anals.
    Yep.

Fun Facts:

DJ LeMahieu with Bases Loaded as a Yankee:

17-33 (.515)
    43 RBI

Clay Holmes since April 9:

4-0, 21 IP, 0.00 ERA, 21 K, 2 BB, 10 H, 4 S

JD explanation of Anderson incident:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1528128939515817984

What Chad Green's Elbow Injury Means For Yankees' Bullpen
    Green was placed on the injured list on Saturday with a right elbow strain, a blow to New York's bullpen.
    Max Goodman 3 hours ago

https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...ankees-bullpen

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Fun Facts:

DJ LeMahieu with Bases Loaded as a Yankee:

17-33 (.515)
    43 RBI

Clay Holmes since April 9:

4-0, 21 IP, 0.00 ERA, 21 K, 2 BB, 10 H, 4 S

JD explanation of Anderson incident:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1528128939515817984
    It's so obvious that this is not racist. Views from 314 ft posted an article insisting that it's racist for the simple fact that Tim Anderson is black and he said it was racist. They went on to say if he felt its racist, it doesn't matter what was said. They then took it a step further and said white people are not permitted to comment on what is or isn't racist (which is itself a racist comment btw). After reading that rag of an article, I wish it still came in paper form so I could add to my supply of toilet paper. I may never read another article by those guys again.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    It's so obvious that this is not racist. Views from 314 ft posted an article insisting that it's racist for the simple fact that Tim Anderson is black and he said it was racist. They went on to say if he felt its racist, it doesn't matter what was said. They then took it a step further and said white people are not permitted to comment on what is or isn't racist (which is itself a racist comment btw). After reading that rag of an article, I wish it still came in paper form so I could add to my supply of toilet paper. I may never read another article by those guys again.
    Anderson is going to have to back up his wagon very, quickly after that comment.
    As I have stated,, Pitcher and Catcher are then homophobic comments.
    Pitcher's mound, is sexist and derogatory towards women.
    Intentional walk is offensive to the handicapable
    Bass line is offensive to musicians.
    Short stop is offensive to midgets

If Anderson wants to draw that line, then any time he thinks about calling someone a hillbilly, inbred, trailer park... he should be fined for racist comments

JD did not make a racist comment. He made a funny comment based on Anderson's identification.

For the record, I have no idea how he is the modern day Jackie Robinson. I have to guess that was offensive in itself, to other black players.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Anderson is going to have to back up his wagon very, quickly after that comment.

If Anderson wants to draw that line, then any time he thinks about calling someone a hillbilly, inbred, trailer park... he should be fined for racist comments

JD did not make a racist comment. He made a funny comment based on Anderson's identification.

For the record, I have no idea how he is the modern day Jackie Robinson. I have to guess that was offensive in itself, to other black players.
    .....most offensive to the legacy of Jackie Robinson!

I have to admit I was hoping the White Sox would fall off and Anderson would become available at the deadline. Now I don't want him.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Talk about knowing your history or in this case, not knowing it.

Ignorance is bliss

Klown you forgot Wild *****...it's offensive to female dogs...oh wait

MLB is already looking into everything you just mentioned and will changing those all titles/names next season lest they offend all those groups.

I have been told the Yanks and Cubs have had preliminary discussions about the Yanks acquiring Ian Happ and Wilson Contreras

They like Happs ability to hit from both sides and his ability to play all 3 OF positions and Contreras for obvious reasons.

Like I said the discussions are preliminary but could happen quickly if the Yanks are willing to part with Wells, Devi and a couple lottery tickets to get those players. Cubs supposedly like Wells a lot and maybe willing to include more to get him

as always FWIW

top 10 pitching staffs and lineups so far https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ions-right-now

Yanks lineup #3, Pitching staff #1

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I have been told the Yanks and Cubs have had preliminary discussions about the Yanks acquiring Ian Happ and Wilson Contreras

They like Happs ability to hit from both sides and his ability to play all 3 OF positions and Contreras for obvious reasons.

Like I said the discussions are preliminary but could happen quickly if the Yanks are willing to part with Wells, Devi and a couple lottery tickets to get those players. Cubs supposedly like Wells a lot and maybe willing to include more to get him

as always FWIW
    Make that trade easily. Wells is most likely a first baseman which limits his value a lot. Happ is good and young. Contreras is the perfect catching solution. Those two targets make too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Make that trade easily. Wells is most likely a first baseman which limits his value a lot. Happ is good and young. Contreras is the perfect catching solution. Those two targets make too much sense.
    happ a second or third baseman no spot on the yanks with gleyber and dj..contreras is not having a great year and makes some money . cubs will have to pay some of his salary.. this lineup tonight is awful...

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast