Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

2022 Yanks news, notes and rumors

Since the season is starting, put all the news here.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Rizzo??? Wtf?
    Telling judge, look at Freddie freeman. Thereís no loyalty in baseball anymore.

Damn
    Maybe he was suggesting loyalty was a good thing and there isnít enough of it
    But I have to believe he meant, get the most money you can

Either way, I do t blame him. Heís just being honest

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Rizzo??? Wtf?
    Telling judge, look at Freddie freeman. Thereís no loyalty in baseball anymore.

Damn
    Maybe he was suggesting loyalty was a good thing and there isnít enough of it
    But I have to believe he meant, get the most money you can

Either way, I do t blame him. Heís just being honest
    Yeah, can't really blame him there. Teams won't sign you when you suck, so why should you give them a discount when you're good? Can't ever blame a guy for chasing money tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Yeah, can't really blame him there. Teams won't sign you when you suck, so why should you give them a discount when you're good? Can't ever blame a guy for chasing money tbh.
    For sure.
    If I am not mistaken, didn't the Yankees try to make Jeter look like a bad guy?
    I could see them scapegoating Judge and making a deal falling through, his fault.

If the deal doesn't get done, I can see them using it as an excuse for not winning.

Ignorance is bliss

For sure.
    If I am not mistaken, didn't the Yankees try to make Jeter look like a bad guy?
    I could see them scapegoating Judge and making a deal falling through, his fault.

If the deal doesn't get done, I can see them using it as an excuse for not winning.
    Haha the Yankees making Jeter look bad over a few million is the ultimate proof that there is no loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Haha the Yankees making Jeter look bad over a few million is the ultimate proof that there is no loyalty.

Ignorance is bliss

Anyone else got that sinking feeling Cash is about to go scorched earth on Judge with the media's help?

Who am I kidding.

Cash presser on Opening Day?

Gardy is back boys....

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Anyone else got that sinking feeling Cash is about to go scorched earth on Judge with the media's help?

Who am I kidding.

Gardy is back boys....

Where did you see that?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Who am I kidding.

Gardy is back boys....
    Wouldnít be surprising at all. I remember the FO publicly **** on Betances years ago over like $1M despite Dellin being one of the best RPs in baseball.

Who am I kidding.

Gardy is back boys....
    Look at a couple posts above yours. We were talking about how Cash tried to make Jeter look bad.

I have little doubt they will point the finger. I just hope they are not so stupid to think they will get a deal done with him for less at the end of the season.
    If they aren't going all in, trade him. Get a haul.

Pay the man or trade him

Ignorance is bliss

Look at a couple posts above yours. We were talking about how Cash tried to make Jeter look bad.

I have little doubt they will point the finger. I just hope they are not so stupid to think they will get a deal done with him for less at the end of the season.

Pay the man or trade him
    At this point they are losing value. He wonít fetch nearly as much as a half a season rental unfortunately. They shouldíve traded him at the deadline last season.

Judge is going to take a page from A-rod's book and hit 50 HRs in his walk year.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Judge is going to take a page from A-rod's book and hit 50 HRs in his walk year.
    sounds good to me

Pay the man or trade him
    Sadly, as much as I loved Derek... Derek made Derek look bad. Not for the contract stuff but his defense was horrid the last few years. The Yanks were fools to even offer the last couple deals AND let him play defense. I've seen statues with better range. (but his bat was still pretty damn good)

Still, I don't know the details other than I'm hearing the offer was 7 years, 213.5M... They are NOT lowballing that's for sure.. but I also don't know why he rejected. I knew going in.. the 2 variables are AAV and years... and the AAV I expect the yanks to be there. The years, that I could see the Yanks not seeing with the player (See Robinson Cano negotiations)... and even 7 years is pushing the crazy button a bit.. The Yanks are not willing to pay top price for aging geriatric anymore... no more Derek Jeter deals when they should not be playing much anymore. Age 35 is back to being bad news.. hey, they even walked away from teh Babe at age 38 (Yes, not this group of Yanks ownership.. but still did it) after a good year and he fell of a table.. there is a reason.. Father time always wins... PED extended things.. but even then he still would catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Sadly, as much as I loved Derek... Derek made Derek look bad. Not for the contract stuff but his defense was horrid the last few years. The Yanks were fools to even offer the last couple deals AND let him play defense. I've seen statues with better range. (but his bat was still pretty damn good)

Still, I don't know the details other than I'm hearing the offer was 7 years, 213.5M... They are NOT lowballing that's for sure.. but I also don't know why he rejected. I knew going in.. the 2 variables are AAV and years... and the AAV I expect the yanks to be there. The years, that I could see the Yanks not seeing with the player (See Robinson Cano negotiations)... and even 7 years is pushing the crazy button a bit.. The Yanks are not willing to pay top price for aging geriatric anymore... no more Derek Jeter deals when they should not be playing much anymore. Age 35 is back to being bad news.. hey, they even walked away from teh Babe at age 38 (Yes, not this group of Yanks ownership.. but still did it) after a good year and he fell of a table.. there is a reason.. Father time always wins... PED extended things.. but even then he still would catch them.
    Judge asked for 10yrs a 36m, he wanted the Trout deal. I love Judge, i really do but he isn't worth that much for that long. I thought 7yr at 35m would me the max but his agent thinks he's worth more.

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast