Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I have no idea. There isn't a spec that shouldn't be available. If they want Volpe, Peraza, Well, Dom and Waldichuk do it

That would be 5 top 100 guys, they want more than that you send it as well, IMO

I love our specs and haven't soured on Volpe and Peraza because they are off to a slow start, but the opportunity to get a player of Soto's age and caliber only comes along once. If they want 6-7 specs to get it done, you do it IMO.

If you get a chance to put Soto in between Judge and Stanton, they would have to pitch to him in YS
    1 DJ
    2 Judge
    3 Soto
    4 Stanton
    5 Rizzo
    6 JD
    7 Torres
    8 Trevino/ Higgy
    9 IKF
    Rotate the DH between Stanton and JD/DJ and have Flo play CF a couple days a week. With the rotation and BP we have..
    i am more than happy having judge play cf a few times a week and sitting hicks and playing stanton in right..

unless the yankees have a compete turn around from their so called fiscal restraints.. it would not shock me if judge is on another team next year

Nestor might be our most valuable chip with how young, cheap and length of control. Would you guys be willing to send him along with Volpe, Wells, Dom and Gil?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I have no idea. There isn't a spec that shouldn't be available. If they want Volpe, Peraza, Well, Dom and Waldichuk do it

That would be 5 top 100 guys, they want more than that you send it as well, IMO

I love our specs and haven't soured on Volpe and Peraza because they are off to a slow start, but the opportunity to get a player of Soto's age and caliber only comes along once. If they want 6-7 specs to get it done, you do it IMO.

If you get a chance to put Soto in between Judge and Stanton, they would have to pitch to him in YS
    1 DJ
    2 Judge
    3 Soto
    4 Stanton
    5 Rizzo
    6 JD
    7 Torres
    8 Trevino/ Higgy
    9 IKF
    Rotate the DH between Stanton and JD/DJ and have Flo play CF a couple days a week. With the rotation and BP we have..
    That lineup would be sick!

Ignorance is bliss

Nestor might be our most valuable chip with how young, cheap and length of control. Would you guys be willing to send him along with Volpe, Wells, Dom and Gil?
    Ouch…

If he keeps pitching like this, no

Tyler Wade 2022 WAR: 0.3
    Joey Gallo 2022 WAR: 0.2

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Tyler Wade 2022 WAR: 0.3
    Joey Gallo 2022 WAR: 0.2

TMML

But Gallo hits HRs! That makes him anally valuable

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    TMML

But Gallo hits HRs! That makes him anally valuable
    I will give Gallo credit for one thing: he hustles.

He absolutely can not hit for ****, and I have no idea how anyone sees him as a GG defender bc it's only mid May and I've seen him screw up more than a handful of plays in the OF. He's awful.

7 teams that could soon be sellers

The most intriguing name mentioned by an executive this week was Joey Gallo, who has struggled since being acquired by the Yankees last summer. Gallo slashed .167/.298/.383 with 18 home runs and 29 RBIs in his first 90 games with New York, including .182/.289/.343 with five home runs and seven RBIs in 33 games this season.

“There’s some Sonny Gray feel to that one,” an NL executive said, referring to the All-Star pitcher who never found his groove in the Bronx. “He’s been a little better lately. If he continues to struggle it wouldn’t surprise me to see them try to flip him.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-trade-d...ential-sellers

As great as he’s been, I think there’s a case to be made to trade Nestor while his value is insanely high. He’s a funky pitcher where there is still an element of will he sustain this or crash back down to earth?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    As great as he’s been, I think there’s a case to be made to trade Nestor while his value is insanely high. He’s a funky pitcher where there is still an element of will he sustain this or crash back down to earth?
    I love Nestor but I would agree with this. Who knows how long this will last for. After next season we are going to see a ton of sp talent hit free agency if no one gets hurt or is given an extension beforehand. I'd trade him for Reynolds after the season if I could.

FWIW, Stanton is the MLB's RBI leader.

Just got a message from my buddy. Sounds like the Yanks are going to move Gallo. The biggest reason he hasn't been moved is Cash wants a favorable return for him, similar to what they paid.

They have Flo taking reps in both CF and LF and they are giving serious consideration to bringing him up and giving him time at both positions.

I asked about Hicks and was told one problem at a time. They know Hicks has no trade value but they feel Gallo still does to the right team and they would like to get something back while their are still other good options are available

They would love to get Soto, but right now they feel like there are to many moving parts to get something done now. In order to get Soto, they would have to move both Gallo and Hicks. Sounds like they are hoping he doesn;t get traded before the deadline and he would be plan 1b this off season if they aren't able to get a Judge extension done. They still feel like they could get a deal done with Judge before the end of the yr. Part of that deal would include making him the captain

The one thing that could change that is if Hal says it's ok to blow past the 270m threshold. The thing that maybe a very real reason they might not is they already have a deal done with the #1 IFA in this next class for close to 5m. With the international draft possibly coming, they know this might be their last chance to acquire that kind of talent in that market and they view this kid very, very highly. He's a Betts type, but is going to stick in CF long term. Talent wise he's on par with Dom and Arias. We've seen Cashman not go over a certain tax threshold before to ensure they don't lose out on top IFA talent.

Also I was told that Cashman is going to be especially aggressive before the deadline because they feel this team has a real shot at winning a WS this yr. Expect them to be in on anything that could seriously improve this team, but not mess with the chemistry they have going on.

Rizzo and JD have taken leadership of the locker room and they want people who are going to fit into that environment well and not make waves.

Rizzo has vouched for Contreras because of their time together with the Cubs. With Trevino being able to catch Cole, keeping Higgy for that reason isn't as big of an issue. It sounded like Trevino would be the guy they would like to keep of the 2.

They still believe Rortvert can be a big piece for them, but maybe not this yr. Tanner Swanson ( our catching coach) was with the Twins when he was drafted him. Rortvert was someone they targeted this winter and was a key reason they made that deal. He was/is the young C Swanson wanted and feel like he could be a long term solution, but won't stop them from acquiring a different upgrade behind the plate for this yr.

They have 4 OFer that i was told they like in different degrees. Mullins, Reynolds, Benintendi and Ramon Laureano from the A's

They do have innings concerns for both Nestor and Sevy. If the right starter could be had, like a Castillio or Mahle that would be something they would investigate

They feel like they have enough pitching that they don't HAVE to acquire any, but if they right opportunity came up they wouldn't pass on it.

BP is something they are confident they can fix /upgrade in house. That said if they could move Chapman they wouldn't mind finding another late inning arm. Don't expect it to be a household name though, it would be someone like a Holmes or Wandy they feel like Blake could improve in a hurry.

As always, take it for whatever it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    FWIW, Stanton is the MLB's RBI leader.
    I know RBI's are a counting stat... but I think they are important. Racking up RBI's is a skill. It requires making good contact in situations with men on base. It's obviously based on opportunities, but maximizing those opportunities is absolutely a skill.

Just got a message from my buddy. Sounds like the Yanks are going to move Gallo. The biggest reason he hasn't been moved is Cash wants a favorable return for him, similar to what they paid.

They have Flo taking reps in both CF and LF and they are giving serious consideration to bringing him up and giving him time at both positions.

I asked about Hicks and was told one problem at a time. They know Hicks has no trade value but they feel Gallo still does to the right team and they would like to get something back while their are still other good options are available

They would love to get Soto, but right now they feel like there are to many moving parts to get something done now. In order to get Soto, they would have to move both Gallo and Hicks. Sounds like they are hoping he doesn;t get traded before the deadline and he would be plan 1b this off season if they aren't able to get a Judge extension done. They still feel like they could get a deal done with Judge before the end of the yr. Part of that deal would include making him the captain

The one thing that could change that is if Hal says it's ok to blow past the 270m threshold. The thing that maybe a very real reason they might not is they already have a deal done with the #1 IFA in this next class for close to 5m. With the international draft possibly coming, they know this might be their last chance to acquire that kind of talent in that market and they view this kid very, very highly. He's a Betts type, but is going to stick in CF long term. Talent wise he's on par with Dom and Arias. We've seen Cashman not go over a certain tax threshold before to ensure they don't lose out on top IFA talent.

Also I was told that Cashman is going to be especially aggressive before the deadline because they feel this team has a real shot at winning a WS this yr. Expect them to be in on anything that could seriously improve this team, but not mess with the chemistry they have going on.

Rizzo and JD have taken leadership of the locker room and they want people who are going to fit into that environment well and not make waves.

Rizzo has vouched for Contreras because of their time together with the Cubs. With Trevino being able to catch Cole, keeping Higgy for that reason isn't as big of an issue. It sounded like Trevino would be the guy they would like to keep of the 2.

They still believe Rortvert can be a big piece for them, but maybe not this yr. Tanner Swanson ( our catching coach) was with the Twins when he was drafted him. Rortvert was someone they targeted this winter and was a key reason they made that deal. He was/is the young C Swanson wanted and feel like he could be a long term solution, but won't stop them from acquiring a different upgrade behind the plate for this yr.

They have 4 OFer that i was told they like in different degrees. Mullins, Reynolds, Benintendi and Ramon Laureano from the A's

They do have innings concerns for both Nestor and Sevy. If the right starter could be had, like a Castillio or Mahle that would be something they would investigate

They feel like they have enough pitching that they don't HAVE to acquire any, but if they right opportunity came up they wouldn't pass on it.

BP is something they are confident they can fix /upgrade in house. That said if they could move Chapman they wouldn't mind finding another late inning arm. Don't expect it to be a household name though, it would be someone like a Holmes or Wandy they feel like Blake could improve in a hurry.

As always, take it for whatever it's worth

The fact that Cashman hasn't gotten back the equivalent of what he paid for Gallo and has been shopping him since the offseason tells all you need to know about his overall value. In fact, only one team, the padres are interested in him and that's only because the GM also used to be the assistant GM of the Rangers. It also tells us that Cashman made a horrible mistake and isn't willing to accept it, eat the mistake and learn from it. Duran has basically turned into the Ranger's version of Oswald Peraza from 2020. You can make an argument he's even better if he continues hitting like he has. I wish Volpe were putting up those same numbers in AA. Hopefully Duran comes up and becomes an all star one day.

If Rortvedt was the key reason why they took on a 50 million dollar salary dump, Cashman may be the biggest fool in any FO. Rorty was a rule 5 catcher they probably could have gotten for a little bit of cash, or maybe a third tier minor league reliever, etc.

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast