Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Yanks PR department gets an F on this one. They should be all over their players social media profiles to prevent something like this before it ever becomes a thing. Cortes has to own up to it too, don't get me wrong. The reporter who tattled on this is also a weasel, but most reporters are so whatever. Not sure what he uas against Nestor... but while those tweets are reprehensible, so is going after someone for something that happened 10 years ago.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Yanks PR department gets an F on this one. They should be all over their players social media profiles to prevent something like this before it ever becomes a thing. Cortes has to own up to it too, don't get me wrong. The reporter who tattled on this is also a weasel, but most reporters are so whatever. Not sure what he uas against Nestor... but while those tweets are reprehensible, so is going after someone for something that happened 10 years ago.
    The stories I have seen are, he was 17 and tweeted song lyrics. It wasn't his own words. He was quoting rap songs.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I wasn't to bad at that age,(Lol) but i certainly remember repeating song from Jay-z, Ludacris, 2-Pac, Dr Dre and many others that looking back I shouldn't. Certainly not something I'm proud of but it wasn't uncommon for kids my age to do the same thing
    I see zero issue singing along to every word in rap songs. I did as a teenager and still do. Way different than using the N word just in normal conversation.
    I'm also, not black, so maybe I'm wrong. But asking someone to skip singing one word seems beyond silly.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Then how do you replace that production? His agent can market him as an above avg CFer with .290 50hr 120 RBIs, other that Trout who else in baseball can do that? He won't play CF for more than half the contract, but over the last 2yrs he's shown he can legit play and prefers CF

We don't have a spec on the farm that can even come close to that kind of production or even close.

The dumbest thing a franchise can do, especially one with the pockets as deep as the Yankees is to lose a top 5 player who is the face of the franchise and home grown for absolutely nothing. Very hard for a franchise to do that and stay competitive

about the only guy you could possibly get to replace him is Soto. It's hard to imagine Washington trading Soto when they are trying to sell the franchise. Even if they did, it would probably cost us at a minimum of our top 5 specs and it's going to cost you 500m to extend him
    I've said this before many times. While I want Judge to remain here for the long haul, I truly believe Cashman has already made his best pitch. He might go a bit higher but I don't see him doing 35-40mil AAV.

Now if you agree with my assessment, then we HAVE to gauge Judge's value before the trade deadline. What if we offer him and one or two of our top specs for Soto. Washington already has shown they're willing to spend 300mil, based on rumors of what they offered Soto already. Mayber they can offer that to Judge for 8 yrs (37.5 AAV) and he'll accept it.

If they're really trying to sell the team, Judge would make a great centerpiece.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    I've said this before many times. While I want Judge to remain here for the long haul, I truly believe Cashman has already made his best pitch. He might go a bit higher but I don't see him doing 35-40mil AAV.

Now if you agree with my assessment, then we HAVE to gauge Judge's value before the trade deadline. What if we offer him and one or two of our top specs for Soto. Washington already has shown they're willing to spend 300mil, based on rumors of what they offered Soto already. Mayber they can offer that to Judge for 8 yrs (37.5 AAV) and he'll accept it.

If they're really trying to sell the team, Judge would make a great centerpiece.

Thoughts?
    What would be the point of the Nats trading for a half season of Judge when if they really want him they can just wait till he hits FA in the offseason? The top prospect won't change much there. If the Nats trade Soto they're going to want a haul of cost controllable high end prospects. This is assuming they deal him anytime soon as he still has 2 more years left of control after this season.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-17-2022 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What would be the point of the Nats trading for a half season of Judge when if they really want him they can just wait till he hits FA in the offseason? The top prospect won't change much there. If the Nats trade Soto they're going to want a haul of cost controllable high end prospects. This is assuming they deal him anytime soon as he still has 2 more years left on his contract after this season.
    Can't argue with that logic.

Thoughts?
    I get the idea, but from the Nats POV, why? Soto is 7yrs younger and still controllable for another couple yrs. They are closer to a rebuild than contending. Would Judge re-sign there mid season? Even with a couple of top spec thrown in, with where the Nats are at IMO it would make much more sense for them to acquire 4-5-6 top specs than taking back Judge who won't fit into there window of contention.

Another thing to consider from the Yanks perspective is how well they are clicking right now. Do you really trade Judge at risk of messing with the team chemistry and possibly taking them out of the hunt for a WS. I'd genuinely be shocked if they traded Judge.

I also think people are discounting Judges worth as a homegrown face of the franchise. I think were stuck with signing him or losing him for nothing. This situation should have been handled before the lockout if they really wanted to get something trade wise done.

Also Soto is going to cost 500m to sign and he'll get a deal that probably takes him to the same age Judge wants an deal to.

It's just a huge ask to get a trade of that magnitude done mid season and get an extension done for Judge IMO

Thoughts?
    Well this may change all of this. According to Buster Olney the Nats will listen on Soto before the trade deadline

Volpe, Wells, Dom, Walkichuk, Wesneski and Gil?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I see zero issue singing along to every word in rap songs. I did as a teenager and still do. Way different than using the N word just in normal conversation.
    I'm also, not black, so maybe I'm wrong. But asking someone to skip singing one word seems beyond silly.

Its ridiculous. Anyone who is offended by that should be locked up in an insane asylum. I don't think anyone is legitimately offended. I think its just something they know they can get away with so they make a big deal about it.

Do the Yankees even have the spects to get a deal done? Id imagine the top prospects crashing and burning this season has hurt their value quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Do the Yankees even have the spects to get a deal done? Id imagine the top prospects crashing and burning this season has hurt their value quite a bit.
    Depends on how much this slow start by Volpe has effected his value. I don't think it's that much, he'll probably still be a top 15 spec at the deadline. Wells value has skyrocketed with his offensive performance and the massive improvement behind the plate. Dom's hasn't really gone anywhere different than the start of the yr.

As long as they want pitching back as well, probably?

I honestly don't know what enough value for Soto is. I can't recall another player that was his age and as valuable as him being traded ? IMO it's going to greatly depend on what they Nats want in return.

Depends on how much this slow start by Volpe has effected his value. I don't think it's that much, he'll probably still be a top 15 spec at the deadline. Wells value has skyrocketed with his offensive performance and the massive improvement behind the plate. Dom's hasn't really gone anywhere different than the start of the yr.

As long as they want pitching back as well, probably?

I honestly don't know what enough value for Soto is. I can't recall another player that was his age and as valuable as him being traded ? IMO it's going to greatly depend on what they Nats want in return.
    I would think itd take multiple top 50 prospects including two that are top 10ish. Sale for the #1 prospect in baseball and the #15 or something like that.

Trade the entire farm for Soto.

And maybe throw in Hicks to sweeten the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I would think itd take multiple top 50 prospects including two that are top 10ish. Sale for the #1 prospect in baseball and the #15 or something like that.
    I have no idea. There isn't a spec that shouldn't be available. If they want Volpe, Peraza, Well, Dom and Waldichuk do it

That would be 5 top 100 guys, they want more than that you send it as well, IMO

I love our specs and haven't soured on Volpe and Peraza because they are off to a slow start, but the opportunity to get a player of Soto's age and caliber only comes along once. If they want 6-7 specs to get it done, you do it IMO.

If you get a chance to put Soto in between Judge and Stanton, they would have to pitch to him in YS
    1 DJ
    2 Judge
    3 Soto
    4 Stanton
    5 Rizzo
    6 JD
    7 Torres
    8 Trevino/ Higgy
    9 IKF
    Rotate the DH between Stanton and JD/DJ and have Flo play CF a couple days a week. With the rotation and BP we have..

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Trade the entire farm for Soto.

And maybe throw in Hicks to sweeten the deal.

yep

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast