Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    I'm 100% in on Dom for Reynolds. We should do what we need to do within reason, including a sweetener or two. I wouldn't trade Volpe or Wald and I'd like to keep Peraza, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Hard Pass. Snell makes $13.3 Million this year and $16.6 million next year, so the Yankees would be obligating themselves to almost $30 Million for Gallo which is less than $10 million obligation. Now, if you said Hicks for Snell, due to the obligations being more comparable, I'd be in, even if Hicks money is spread over more time.
    Kind of irrelevant since the LT implications is based on AAV. So Snell would only count as $10MM against the tax, or the same as Gallo this year

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Hard Pass. Snell makes $13.3 Million this year and $16.6 million next year, so the Yankees would be obligating themselves to almost $30 Million for Gallo which is less than $10 million obligation. Now, if you said Hicks for Snell, due to the obligations being more comparable, I'd be in, even if Hicks money is spread over more time.
    I think Gallo is due to make 13 next year. So with his 10 this year and 13 next year, Snell would only be another 3 mil per, more than Gallo. Ideally they can move him for specs but as bad as he's been, they may need to take on some loot. If Snell found himself? It would be a steal. If he doesn't, he's a pen arm next year

Again, Ideally they find another route, but it wouldn't be the worst.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think Gallo is due to make 13 next year. So with his 10 this year and 13 next year, Snell would only be another 3 mil per, more than Gallo. Ideally they can move him for specs but as bad as he's been, they may need to take on some loot. If Snell found himself? It would be a steal. If he doesn't, he's a pen arm next year

I would not want him back even if he agreed to play for free.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I thought this was Gallo's walk year.

I'm 100% in on Dom for Reynolds. We should do what we need to do within reason, including a sweetener or two. I wouldn't trade Volpe or Wald and I'd like to keep Peraza, if possible.
    Nah

This team needs a shot in the arm. I'm all the way in on Contreras and Happ to NYY. Also call up Florial. Happ in LF, Florial in CF, Judge in RF. Great offensively and defensively. Hicks is the 4th OFer. Gallo can be shot into the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This team needs a shot in the arm. I'm all the way in on Contreras and Happ to NYY. Also call up Florial. Happ in LF, Florial in CF, Judge in RF. Great offensively and defensively. Hicks is the 4th OFer. Gallo can be shot into the sun.
    Agreed that this team can use a little shot in the arm. Nothing eccentric tho. I would ease in Florial into whatever rotation Gallo is in. Also bring up Miggy. Peraza I would wait on just because I donít think the Yanks want to go with rookies down the stretch. I would really look at what the Cubs want for Happ. My preference would be Reynolds from the pirates. Dude can flat out play.

Side note Happ is talked about as a player that can play multiple positions but letís be honest the dude is primarily an OF. He has played 8 games at 3B in 2021 and 2 at 2b. Itís more like a break glass in case of emergency situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Eagles and Chappy, i agree with a lotnof what your saying

I don't think they are going to make a deal for a starting C. Trevi is one of the best framer/ defensive C. Contreras is well below avg defensively.

If they upgrade behind the plate, I think a backup is more likely. Barnhart is a guy i wouldn't mind. We also have Rortvedt rehabbing and he was a major reason they made that deal

If Reynolds can be had for Dom plus, Cash should get it done. If they insist on 2 of Volpe, Wells, Som, Peraza or Waldichuk pass. I just dont think he's that much better than Happ, especially this yr.

Benintendi would be nice but i don't see him alone as enough

There's zero reason Dlo shouldn't already be up. He does eveeything were looking for in an OFer, play plus defense at all the OF positions as well aa having game changing speed and power. I would take any bet that given an extended look he would be significantly better on both side od the ball compared to Hicks and Gallo

Peraza would instantly play better defense with more power than IKF. Are they really going to be comfortable foing with a 21-22 yrnold the reigns at SS. Maybe but i wouldn't count on it

Cashman shouldn't wait for the last second, make a trade for Reynolds or Happ, send Gallo anywhere and bring up Flo.

Then wait and see how the rest of the market develops. If u can get Castillo or Montas for a great price, do ot.

If they can identify another reliever like Wandy, Holmes or Abreau that they believ they can fix for spare parts do it

Make whatever moves you can even if they are for more specs, IFA money or comp round picks Caah needs to do that also. The 40 man crunch they have this winter is going to be massive 10-15 guys that we could lose for nothing. Get whatever you can for them. Tatis and O'Neil Cruz were both throw-ins. Maybe they can get something that turns out to be good

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    You are presuming Gallo would hit the sun. I think he would miss it.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Eagles and Chappy, i agree with a lotnof what your saying

I don't think they are going to make a deal for a starting C. Trevi is one of the best framer/ defensive C. Contreras is well below avg defensively.

If they upgrade behind the plate, I think a backup is more likely. Barnhart is a guy i wouldn't mind. We also have Rortvedt rehabbing and he was a major reason they made that deal

If Reynolds can be had for Dom plus, Cash should get it done. If they insist on 2 of Volpe, Wells, Som, Peraza or Waldichuk pass. I just dont think he's that much better than Happ, especially this yr.

Benintendi would be nice but i don't see him alone as enough

There's zero reason Dlo shouldn't already be up. He does eveeything were looking for in an OFer, play plus defense at all the OF positions as well aa having game changing speed and power. I would take any bet that given an extended look he would be significantly better on both side od the ball compared to Hicks and Gallo

Peraza would instantly play better defense with more power than IKF. Are they really going to be comfortable foing with a 21-22 yrnold the reigns at SS. Maybe but i wouldn't count on it

Cashman shouldn't wait for the last second, make a trade for Reynolds or Happ, send Gallo anywhere and bring up Flo.

Then wait and see how the rest of the market develops. If u can get Castillo or Montas for a great price, do ot.

If they can identify another reliever like Wandy, Holmes or Abreau that they believ they can fix for spare parts do it

Make whatever moves you can even if they are for more specs, IFA money or comp round picks Caah needs to do that also. The 40 man crunch they have this winter is going to be massive 10-15 guys that we could lose for nothing. Get whatever you can for them. Tatis and O'Neil Cruz were both throw-ins. Maybe they can get something that turns out to be good

Who's DLo? Haven't heard of him.

It's nuts because rarely is a fanbase, so in lock step. I think everyone here is saying , move Gallo. Call up Flo. Get another OF so hicks is a bench player.

Honestly, with the way Flo is playing, is he a better option than Reynolds? Go get Happ and call up Flo. Cheaper option and a long term option. At this point, I am not trading Flo for another OF. It makes zero sense. Castillo or a pitcher like that? Yes. Flo does everything these guys we want, do. He won't hit for the average that Benintendi does but Benintendi won't hit the HRs, steal the bases or play the D he does.
    I think Flo would be on par with what Reynolds has done so far this year, with a bit worse avg.
    I see Flo as a 240-250 hitter, OBP 330-350, 750-850 OPS, with a high K rate, great D and tons of steals.

This is why is see Happ as the vest option at this point.

I also hope they use the guys they can't keep or move a couple of others to make room for some of them.

I have basically written off Rortvedt at this point. Oblique injury then a knee scope? He's never played over 90 games in a season. I see different things on him defensively but the offense is at best, Meh.
    He's still young so that could change with good coaching.

I'd love to see Peraza but I don't think he sees a bit of time until call ups or injury. The nice thing about IKF is he is a very moveable player. High level D, good speed and another year of control. I hope Peraza takes his job next year and IKF is traded or becomes a utility guy

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I thought this was Gallo's walk year.

It is. He was only signed for this season.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

You are presuming Gallo would hit the sun. I think he would miss it.
    Well, of couse, after all, the Sun is really THAT big.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    I'm not saying I would do it, but would anyone have any interest in Gallo for Snell? We keep hearing that SD is interested and perhaps we'd get back a draft pick. I have to admit I'm intrigued by what our pitching team could do with a 29 year old former Cy Young winner that has just seemed to have lost "it"
    Wh9 would get kicked out of the rotation then?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Well, of couse, after all, the Sun is really THAT big.
    I see him either just watching it pass him by 2 inches away or when itís light years away, trying so hard to grab it
    he knocks himself so far off course he ends destroying the voyager

Ignorance is bliss

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast