Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2022 Season

Would be disappointed if they disciplined Donaldson for that. He was trying to be cheeky but Donaldson didnt mean any racist intent with the comment and it's a stretch to say the average person would deem that racist given the context behind it (of making the comparison to Jackie Robinson yourself).

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    shoulda swept them but our bull pen blows and Joe is a moron with the positioning of cast and his love for the shitters like familla/alverado/norwood. Lost all momentum bringing in famillia. 3 out of 4 is still great though but the dodgers now know their place.
    I can say the same about the Dodgers this series in Philly. They should have swept, if that last ball didn't eat Muncy up, they would have gotten the out at 1st and that would have been that.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I can say the same about the Dodgers this series in Philly. They should have swept, if that last ball didn't eat Muncy up, they would have gotten the out at 1st and that would have been that.
    if not for our bull pen we are likely 6-1 against you even with our offense being trash this series and still taking 4 out of 7 overall..... similar to all those playoff series our teams had in the 2000s against each other . Dodgers know their place and who is their daddy

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    if not for our bull pen we are likely 6-1 against you even with our offense being trash this series and still taking 4 out of 7 overall..... similar to all those playoff series our teams had in the 2000s against each other . Dodgers know their place and who is their daddy
    You got the dodgers in the middle of an over 20-game straight schedule right when our rotation got thrown out of wack by injuries.
    I'm not remotely afraid of the Phillies come Oct, mostly because they won't make it to oct.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Would be disappointed if they disciplined Donaldson for that. He was trying to be cheeky but Donaldson didnt mean any racist intent with the comment and it's a stretch to say the average person would deem that racist given the context behind it (of making the comparison to Jackie Robinson yourself).
    A black person talking about Jackie Robinson is entirely different than a white person likening a black person to Jackie Robinson. No matter what TA said in the past. It's a racist comment. His intention doesn't really matter.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

So clearly ****ed up. TA comparing himself with the intent of honor in a racist sport and country (even when he obviously isnt comparable to Jackie) vs a guy bringing up a baseball player that is an icon because he is black in order to mock Anderson, who is black.

No matter what TA said. Josh's explanation is ******** and doesn't change anything.

(

Last edited by blams; 05-23-2022 at 07:55 AM.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Tim Anderson accused Josh Donaldson of being racist for calling him Jackie but apparently he compared himself to Jackie Robinson before.
    Tim Anderson is clearly a race baiter in this case. There was nothing racist about calling him Jackie in a friendly joking ball busting manner after Tim Anderson said this.

"I kind of feel like today's Jackie Robinson. That's huge to say. But it's cool man, because he changed the game, and I feel like I'm getting to a point to where I need to change the game."

The one that should be questioned about his motive here is Anderson, for trying to turn something that clearly has nothing to do with race into yet another race pot stirring moment. What Anderson did was pretty pathetic, and he should be apologizing to JD and the rest of baseball for his theatrics.

Very little going on is about race. I'm not sure why a few want some want to keep trying to make things about race.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Tim Anderson is clearly a race baiter in this case. There was nothing racist about calling him Jackie in a friendly joking ball busting manner after Tim Anderson said this.

"I kind of feel like today's Jackie Robinson. That's huge to say. But it's cool man, because he changed the game, and I feel like I'm getting to a point to where I need to change the game."

The one that should be questioned about his motive here is Anderson, for trying to turn something that clearly has nothing to do with race into yet another race pot stirring moment. What Anderson did was pretty pathetic, and he should be apologizing to JD and the rest of baseball for his theatrics.

Very little going on is about race. I'm not sure why a few want some want to keep trying to make things about race.
    Yes there is. It was years ago, and calling a black guy Jackie Robinson in a mocking manner is racist. White people don't get to have an opinion devaluing the opinion of a black man in this case.

Click here to register!

Interesting statement coming within about a week of a terrorist attack on a mainly Black Community within the same state.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    A black person talking about Jackie Robinson is entirely different than a white person likening a black person to Jackie Robinson. No matter what TA said in the past. It's a racist comment. His intention doesn't really matter.

no it isnt and this is a big part of the problem ontop of the massive problem that is racism... we look for racism everywhere. There will always be hate and racism and there is nothing we can do about it except kill it with kindness. Donaldson did nothing wrong except get screwed over by a guy that wanted to make a name for himself because he was pissed off... He is now headline news which he always wanted per the robinson original comments which were stupid to begin with but because he didnt get the shine he jumped at the first chance he had when he was mad to now headline himself because he pulled the racism card. Welcome to america.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad_Racing View Post
    Interesting statement coming within about a week of a terrorist attack on a mainly Black Community within the same state.
    this will never stop... racism will never stop. There will always be that few that **** it up and force further hate.... race baiting isnt right either and that is exactly what is happening here. We have a guy that tried to compare himself to a hero and a legend and a person that changed everything.......... this was stupid and it failed miserably and now that same guy got butthurt and is doing the next best thing and that is race baiting while he tries to play the victim card over his stupid *** original comments.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yes there is. It was years ago, and calling a black guy Jackie Robinson in a mocking manner is racist. White people don't get to have an opinion devaluing the opinion of a black man in this case.

It's your type of mindset that drives racism. If it's not there, make it about race anyway. That's the mindset. Sorry bud, but you are way off base with your take on this. This is ALL on Anderson. It was not a racial slur no matter how hard you dig. It was good old fashioned ball busting about something TA said a couple of years ago. It's good clean on field fun. TA's reaction is something that can ruin a guys reputation. All because he wanted it to be a racist comment. It wasn't, so he made it in to one. Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad_Racing View Post
    Just because there's an extremely small percent of racist hateful people, does not mean that it's an issue with normal people. Those losers are always going to be haters of non whites. Is it right? Of course not! But they are far and few between. The media pushes this stuff, and a small percent of people eat it up.

It's your type of mindset that drives racism. If it's not there, make it about race anyway. That's the mindset. Sorry bud, but you are way off base with your take on this. This is ALL on Anderson. It was not a racial slur no matter how hard you dig. It was good old fashioned ball busting about something TA said a couple of years ago. It's good clean on field fun. TA's reaction is something that can ruin a guys reputation. All because he wanted it to be a racist comment. It wasn't, so he made it in to one. Shameful.
    Donaldson does a fantastic job of ruining his reputation all by himself. You new to the game?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Donaldson does a fantastic job of ruining his reputation all by himself. You new to the game?
    Oh, please. You'd 100% be on Donaldson's side of this if you weren't a White Sox fan.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast