Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2022 Season

I think the Mets got fleeced for Darin Ruff.

JD Davis is younger, has more positional flexibility, and before this year, has been a much better hitter.

Harper on Trea Turner - “ He’s my favorite player in the league, not even close”

Basically confirms turner will be a phillie next year. Last time harper said this was when we were trying to get JT : )

Let segura walk and throw 25 mill a year at turner... we have our leadoff guy

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Harper on Trea Turner - “ He’s my favorite player in the league, not even close”

Basically confirms turner will be a phillie next year. Last time harper said this was when we were trying to get JT : )

Let segura walk and throw 25 mill a year at turner... we have our leadoff guy
    That number needs to be much higher.

That's not how that works, you can get Bogarts or Correa though.

With Correa's year, I don't think he'll opt out.

Dodgers are about to face the new look Padres. Grant Bisbee pointed out how in the 1960s the giants had hall of farmers May's, McCovey and Cepeda (also Maricel) and they didn't win a ring.

They are guaranteed nothing.

Man dodgers don't seem to care that San Diego has Juan Soto.

12 games above .500

The Phils hit the most home runs in a series in franchise history, wow that was fun!!

5 Wins straight
    12-2 in our last 14 games
    22-13 without Bryce
    38-19 under Rob Thomson
    60-48 we’re closing in on the Padres

12 games above .500

The Phils hit the most home runs in a series in franchise history, wow that was fun!!

5 Wins straight
    12-2 in our last 14 games
    22-13 without Bryce
    38-19 under Rob Thomson
    60-48 we’re closing in on the Padres
    Damn. Didn't realize Girardi has been gone for THAT many games or that Philly was doing THAT well. Poor Girardi. I still miss him in NY.

Also, just a general thought, if Max and deGrom stay healthy the Mets are going to be extremely hard to beat in October.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The dodgers continue to dominate against the padres.

With this sweep, the Dodgers are now 8-2 against the Padres this season, having outscored them 55-18. The Dodgers won their last nine games over the Padres last season, so overall they've won 17 of their last 19. This is something that has been happening for a while, too. The Padres haven't won a season series against the Dodgers since 2010. From 2011 to present, the Dodgers are 127-63 against the Padres.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The dodgers continue to dominate against the padres.
    If the Padres make the playoffs, get past the WC round, and they have a healthy Tatis, I would throw all that previous dominance out the window. That will be one hell of a lineup to get past with Tatis, Machado, Soto, Bell, Drury, and Profar. Biggest question mark is their rotation after Musgrove/Darvish and some of their bullpen.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-07-2022 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If the Padres make the playoffs, get past the WC round, and they have a healthy Tatis, I would throw all that previous dominance out the window. That will be one hell of a lineup to get past with Tatis, Machado, Soto, Bell, Drury, and Profar. Biggest question mark is their rotation after Musgrove/Darvish and some of their bullpen.
    They have a lot of those guys now!

That said, I do generally agree with you, that past series are not indicative of future success, I make fun of people like Spliff for this all the time. The dodgers could win every remaining game against the padres this season then get swept by them in the playoffs.
    Like a series in April doesn't effect the outcomes of games in August.
    Last edited by Scoots; 08-14-2022 at 09:53 PM. Reason: just ciaban being annoying

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Damn. Didn't realize Girardi has been gone for THAT many games or that Philly was doing THAT well. Poor Girardi. I still miss him in NY.

Also, just a general thought, if Max and deGrom stay healthy the Mets are going to be extremely hard to beat in October.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    agreed but we have a shot with nola/wheeler. They have the edge in their big 2 but id give us the edge on offense. Should be close

agreed but we have a shot with nola/wheeler. They have the edge in their big 2 but id give us the edge on offense. Should be close
    Your bullpen is better outside of Diaz as well. Our rotation is better after deGrom and Scherzer though. Not to mention, your team defense is still mediocre. Castellanos, Schwarber, Hoskins, Bohm have no business playing the field everyday and they will have to with Harper coming back.

Dodgers are currently 40 games over .500 and are on pace to finish with Homefield through the playoffs.

Big beefy homer boys GO BOOM!

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast