Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    rough outing for strider, didn't even make it out of the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Tough game for pitchers all around really.

We couldn't get anyone out.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    His velo was a bit down too, that's a bit concerning, maybe he's starting to worn out?

His IP over the years are 51, 26, 12 and 94 last year. He's only at 47 but yeah he doesn't have the history of that length yet.

Dansby keeps hitting. He's up to .302/.368/.500/.868 with 12 HRs, 41 RBIs and 11 SBs. He's also 9th in the NL with 131 total bases, all while playing shortstop. He's gotta be an All Star this year. He really could end up getting 100+ million this winter if he doesn't end up cooling off and going into a major slump. I know he's really streaky and prone to slumps but I'm hoping that there is a way to work out a deal to keep him in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    Dansby keeps hitting. He's up to .302/.368/.500/.868 with 12 HRs, 41 RBIs and 11 SBs. He's also 9th in the NL with 131 total bases, all while playing shortstop. He's gotta be an All Star this year. He really could end up getting 100+ million this winter if he doesn't end up cooling off and going into a major slump. I know he's really streaky and prone to slumps but I'm hoping that there is a way to work out a deal to keep him in Atlanta.
    Yeah, he's closing in on a 100MM deal, we obviously want him to keep producing, but it might become a payroll problem if his salary jumps to 20M+ a year.

If he keeps this up he's gonna get 150M...Trevor Story and Javier Baez both got 140M over 6 years. I don't see how Swanson doesn't get that from somewhere.

Strider had a hell of a bounce back performance but, the bullpen wrecked it

Strider is certainly impressing. Great to have so many options. If they move him back to the own when Soroka arrives, it could be like adding a top notch reliever for a late season push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me clarify on my Strider thoughts.

I think moving him back to the pen at the end of the season would be wise. It will limit his innings and he probably won’t be a starter in the playoffs. So moving him to the own earlier helps get him comfortable in that role again.

I really like Strider as a starter. His velocity and K-ability brings a new dimension to the staff that I like a lot. I really want him as a full time starter next year. I just think limiting him a bit this year would be wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post

I think moving him back to the pen at the end of the season would be wise. It will limit his innings and he probably won’t be a starter in the playoffs. So moving him to the own earlier helps get him comfortable in that role again.

I really like Strider as a starter. His velocity and K-ability brings a new dimension to the staff that I like a lot. I really want him as a full time starter next year. I just think limiting him a bit this year would be wise.

Whenever Soroka comes back, I could see a scenario where Soroka starts and Strider piggy backs him. That limits Striders innings and gives Soroka time to build back up without having to push him too much. Taking it easy on both of them is a smart move.
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

Also on Soroka, AA said about 2 weeks ago that the team was targeting end of June/early July for him to go out on rehab starts.
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post

I get what your saying by limiting his innings and stretching him for a full time starter but, I would just hate to see him go back to the pen. the big fear I have is bouncing him back and forth and causing him injuries. I really think thats what happened with Kris Medlen, they would put him in the pen then he was a starter then he was in the pen and with the torque he put on his breaking balls it just didn't work out well.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567