Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

2022 Chicago White Sox Trade Discussion & Ideas Thread

Talk all things White Sox not game related in this thread.

Where is Micker going?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Has the roster been finalized?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/with_replies

Barring something unexpected
    2022 White Sox OD roster:
    C (2): Grandal, McGuire
    1B (1): Abreu
    2B (1): Harrison
    SS (1): Anderson
    3B (1): Moncada
    DH (1): Vaughn
    Bench (3): Mendick, Garcia, Sheets
    OF (4): Robert, Jimenez, Pollock, Engel
    (more)
    2022 White Sox OD Roster
    SP (5): Giolito, Cease, Kopech, Keuchel, Velasquez
    RP (9): Hendriks (CL), Bummer, Graveman, Lopez, Burr, Crick, Banks, Sousa, Ruiz
    This is Scott Merkin's opinion, it's not official yet.

As for Micker, he either gets traded or released. Shame I really wanted to see him on the big league club.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/with_replies

This is Scott Merkin's opinion, it's not official yet.

As for Micker, he either gets traded or released. Shame I really wanted to see him on the big league club.
    Everyone complains about signing relievers, and that pen looks super thin now that crochet is hurt, Kimbrel is gone, and Kelly is out to start the year.

Itís too bad we couldnít find a way to get Adolfo on the roster until we could find a trade partner for him. Hate to just lose him for nothing, after the spring he had.

Rotation looking pretty thin now too.

I'm pretty sure they will just release Adolfo, he's a 4A player at best....Probably Oakland will pick him up and he'll bounce around from there...

I think they will have to carry 3 catchers in the beginning....

I'm sick of seeing Mendick on the roster.

I'd rather we start the year with Leury backing up 2B/SS/3B by himself, with Vaughn being an emergency 2B if 2 guys get hurt in the same game. Give that final roster spot to Micker since he's out of options.

Abreu/Vaughn/Sheets
    Moncada/Anderson/Harrison/Leury
    Eloy/LouBob/Pollock/Engel/Micker
    Grandal/McGuire

Gio/Cease/Kopech/Keuchel/Velasquez
    Hendriks/Bummer/Graveman/Banks/Crick/Foster/Sousa/Ruiz/Lopez

Relief pitching and starting pitching are the main needs now. Burger should be the guy we dangle. I've been saying trade Sheets, but I think we can get Sheets and Vaughn plenty of AB's with nights off for Abreu, Pollock, Grandal, and Eloy. Even an occasional LouBob night off with Pollock moving to CF would open windows. I'm kinda good keeping Sheets because once Abreu is done, Sheets and Vaughn will be a nice DH/1B combo. Of course that doesn't mean I'd be opposed to moving Sheets if he was part of a deal for a pitcher like Montas.

For Grandal and McGuire, in a 7 game week I'd give him 4 starts @ Catcher, 2 starts @ DH, and 1 off night. That gives McGuire 3 games a week and emergency duties.

In a 6 game week, I'd give Grandal 3 @ C, 2 @ DH, 1 Off. Try to avoid giving him too many b2b starts at catcher. His bat his the most important thing. We need a full season of 2nd half Grandal.

7 Game Catcher Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'm sick of seeing Mendick on the roster.
    Have to keep Mendick up to start the season as TA has a 2 game suspension, and we need a backup. Bad timing. Iíd possibly even send down Sheets for the first few games, until TA is back and then we can send down Mendick who still has options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Have to keep Mendick up to start the season as TA has a 2 game suspension, and we need a backup. Bad timing. Iíd possibly even send down Sheets for the first few games, until TA is back and then we can send down Mendick who still has options.
    Lets just hope he's down by game 3. Leury can handle backing up 3 positions, and worst case, if we have an injury mid game, use Vaughn at 2B to finish is out and call someone up.

What are the new rules regarding moving players up and down from the big league roster? I thought there was a change. Just wondering if we can start the season (while TA is suspended) with only 8 in the pen, to keep from having to move/release Adolfo. At least until a decent offer comes along, or another trade can be worked.

Do we have a final roster yet?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast