Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Athletic had it posted

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    we did - where did you see that? I looked yesterday and I thought it was only 11/20.
    Went on google looking for it today since the deadline I think was 5 PM yesterday
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

I found it, you are 100% correct. I was just looking at it wrong.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I found it, you are 100% correct. I was just looking at it wrong.
    The first link I found showed we had the top 10 signed but no one else. That made me suspicious that it wasn't getting updated.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Moncada hitting .198. Striking out easily in 2/3 of his at bats. Burger hitting home runs and driving in runs in Charlotte. No reason why he is down there. This is a pennant race and they need a bat in the line-up better than Moncada, Garcia, and Grandal.

It's Burger or Sheets at this point.
    Leury Legend is going nowhere
    Harrison is actually playing ok
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

It's Burger or Sheets at this point.
    Leury Legend is going nowhere
    Harrison is actually playing ok
    Unless we are making Sosa the full time backup MI, we actually need Leury on this roster. You can't only have Tim and Harrison at MI, with Burger backing them up. Now can you take Sosa over Leury for those spots? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Unless we are making Sosa the full time backup MI, we actually need Leury on this roster. You can't only have Tim and Harrison at MI, with Burger backing them up. Now can you take Sosa over Leury for those spots? Yeah.
    They absolutely need Burger on this team right now. He could make a big difference at 3B or Dhing. They could bring any ss or 2b in their system up and they'd be better than Garcia. They also have better catchers at 2A and 3A better hitters and defenders than Grandal. Burger is slugging like .480 in 3A and is outhitting Moncada in every category. They literally have no decent left handed hitter on the bench other than Sheets. They do not have a good defender on the bench other than Engel.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 08-08-2022 at 09:45 PM.

My point was there is only room for one, Burger or Sheets. Who adds more to the team at this point? - I like Sheets, but Burger has more to offer.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

My point was there is only room for one, Burger or Sheets. Who adds more to the team at this point? - I like Sheets, but Burger has more to offer.
    Either guy is a bench player, for their bat. So do you prefer the lefty power bat or the righty power bat? Burger gives us an extra 3B, which we need more then an extra 1B. I'd imagine the only reason they are going with Sheets is because it's a lefty power bat off the bench.

Either guy is a bench player, for their bat. So do you prefer the lefty power bat or the righty power bat? Burger gives us an extra 3B, which we need more then an extra 1B. I'd imagine the only reason they are going with Sheets is because it's a lefty power bat off the bench.
    Burger needs the chance to start, especially with Moncada being the worst offensive 3rd baseman in all of baseball. Burger's power potential, to me, is great and I believe he has the potential of hitting .260 - .280 with 25-35 home runs and 100+ RBIS a year. On a normally managed baseball team, Burger would be in the starting major league line-up and Moncada would be in 3A learning how to play second base. This should be an easy decision for Hahn if he was in charge of the roster and future for the two players.

I'm not sure what Moncada's problem is - just that he has one, a big one.
    He is pretty damn good defensively, but this lineup could use more pop.
    Burger could DH and play 3B a couple of times a week, that is what i would do.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Garcia is hobbling around the plate the last few games. He never could hit worth a crap left handed but is worse right now. It is hard to watch this terrible line-up with guys in the minors better players than on the major league team.

Vaughn Grissom getting called up by the Braves is a good example of what annoys me with Hahn. I'll give Hahn credit that he did let Sosa skip AAA briefly, but we literally have a gaping hole in RF, we have a gaping hole for a power lefty, and we have a perfect Prospect who is 23 years old, and by all accounts looks ready enough to be the best RF on this team. Grissom is 21 years old. He dominated in the minors, the Braves had an opening, they are in a playoff race, and they gave him a shot. Why can't we give Colas a shot. He's been highly touted for years. Wouldn't he make more sense on this roster then Sheets? Maybe they bring him up in September? I wouldn't mind them doing it now. We have nothing to lose and so much to gain.

Power struggle maybe? Hahn has to be pissed at TLR for ruining his team.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast