Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Garcia has been much better and they only pay him 5.5 million per/3yrs. Not his fault the teams lives on the DL and he's been forced to play as a regular instead of as a utility player.
    Garcia is a bum. You could bring basically any mid round draft choice for the major league minimum and got better production out of them than Garcia. Zero power, bad fielding utility players are not worth $16.5 M to any baseball team other than one managed by a drunk mean tyrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Garcia is a bum. You could bring basically any mid round draft choice for the major league minimum and got better production out of them than Garcia. Zero power, bad fielding utility players are not worth $16.5 M to any baseball team other than one managed by a drunk mean tyrant.
    Heís not mean! Heís just scared because he doesnít know where he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a bible verse you trotted out in your response, Brett.

Quite a insulting response to my post also. You can take your "the more you learn about baseball" crap and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I'd put my knowledge of baseball against yours anytime and anywhere. Your response was pathetic in every aspect. A man hitting .270 with excellent power numbers for a couple of major league months is generaly considered to have the possibility of continued success especially a guy who led their entire minor league system in over-all hitting before coming into the big league.

But Brett, your "insight" throws all that success out the door and you somehow say that he had TWO GOOD GAMES which accounted for his numbers.

In other words, Brett, you decided to insult and marginalize me with your crap. It'd be one thing if you hit me with some legit arguments but you didn't. Instead you resort to small childish crap that goes on in the Politics forum when people do not have respect for one another.

Meanwhile, continue to be the shill for Reinny and your comfort with the stupidity of LaRussa.

By the way, I'd say the odds of Mercedes making it in the big league is slanting heavily against him. That doesn't mean a large difference to me one way or the other. But what it does show is how much of an ******* LaRussa is as a baseball manager. He has screwed up in every important way since being hired out of the drunk tank by Reinny. Two old drunken bums running this team is what is important and sad. Mercedes is just a data point of his incompetence.

BTW, the Giants sent Mercedes down today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Only "5.5" , You could find a ton guys on the Minor League waiver wire that would cost the minimum and contribute more then the "pet" and his .189 BA.
    Point missed....Congrats on that.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

TLR had nothing to do with his resigning. No one complained about him being reupped. Nice try.
    And still better than your best friend Mercedes.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quite a bible verse you trotted out in your response, Brett.
    What verse?

Quite a insulting response to my post also. You can take your "the more you learn about baseball" crap and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I'd put my knowledge of baseball against yours anytime and anywhere. Your response was pathetic in every aspect.
    You didn't know who Augie Ojeda even was. You also ignored all the data. IT's ok. You're new to the game.
    A man hitting .270 with excellent power numbers for a couple of major league months is generaly considered to have the possibility of continued success especially a guy who led their entire minor league system in over-all hitting before coming into the big league.
    Wrong again. He's awful and I showed you the actual FACTS.

But Brett, your "insight" throws all that success out the door and you somehow say that he had TWO GOOD GAMES which accounted for his numbers.
    Exactly what the ....ya know...FACTS showed.

In other words, Brett, you decided to insult and marginalize me with your crap. It'd be one thing if you hit me with some legit arguments but you didn't. Instead you resort to small childish crap that goes on in the Politics forum when people do not have respect for one another.
    What crap did I give? You mean his actual stats? You need to learn not only about baseball but language as well.
    You are so entitled to your opinion and love who you want. When you make false statements in this forum, it's going to get called out.

By the way, I'd say the odds of Mercedes making it in the big league is slanting heavily against him. That doesn't mean a large difference to me one way or the other. But what it does show is how much of an ******* LaRussa is as a baseball manager. He has screwed up in every important way since being hired out of the drunk tank by Reinny. Two old drunken bums running this team is what is important and sad. Mercedes is just a data point of his incompetence.
    A lovely diatribe.
    BTW, the Giants sent Mercedes down today.
    Huh. I told you the info before he was sent down. But be "Reinny" and TLR's fault.
    Easier for you to say, ya know what, I was wrong Brett.

TLR had nothing to do with his resigning. No one complained about him being reupped. Nice try.
    And still better than your best friend Mercedes.
    Toe Knee had everything to do with having his puppet returned to him. Once again, you are completely wrong about baseball.

What verse?

You didn't know who Augie Ojeda even was. You also ignored all the data. IT's ok. You're new to the game.

Wrong again. He's awful and I showed you the actual FACTS.

Exactly what the ....ya know...FACTS showed.

What crap did I give? You mean his actual stats? You need to learn not only about baseball but language as well.
    You are so entitled to your opinion and love who you want. When you make false statements in this forum, it's going to get called out.

A lovely diatribe.

Huh. I told you the info before he was sent down. But be "Reinny" and TLR's fault.
    Easier for you to say, ya know what, I was wrong Brett.

Well Brett, you are on this forum the equivalent of Spliff and nate of the Politics forum. All you do is to appoint yourself the purveyor of fact about things and make up crap "factoids" to support your arguments and do all of it in a very snarky way. Your nonsense about a .270 lifetime major league with supporting power numbers being due to TWO GAMES might be as stupid a statement ever made by a person as it gets. As for saying "I WAS WRONG, Brett? I don't mind acknowledging when I am wrong, but nowhere am I wrong about Mercedes and Toe Knee. As for your arrogance and condescension that is all on you, bubba.

When a team is losing it tends to make fans of that team start to point fingers and express some anger, even at one another. Relax men, it's just a game, and face it, with or without a Manager of your dreams, the Sox are not good enough to win the Division let alone beat the Jays, Rays, BoSox , Houston or the Yankees in the playoffs.

Toe Knee had everything to do with having his puppet returned to him. Once again, you are completely wrong about baseball.
    Yes, the managers sign players, release players, do call-ups.

Again, you are brand new to the game....clearly.

Well Brett, you are on this forum the equivalent of Spliff and nate of the Politics forum. All you do is to appoint yourself the purveyor of fact about things and make up crap "factoids" to support your arguments and do all of it in a very snarky way. Your nonsense about a .270 lifetime major league with supporting power numbers being due to TWO GAMES might be as stupid a statement ever made by a person as it gets. As for saying "I WAS WRONG, Brett? I don't mind acknowledging when I am wrong, but nowhere am I wrong about Mercedes and Toe Knee. As for your arrogance and condescension that is all on you, bubba.
    So you ignore the facts you can actually check out for yourself by looking at game logs. Congrats, you are not only new to baseball but awful at math.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    When a team is losing it tends to make fans of that team start to point fingers and express some anger, even at one another. Relax men, it's just a game, and face it, with or without a Manager of your dreams, the Sox are not good enough to win the Division let alone beat the Jays, Rays, BoSox , Houston or the Yankees in the playoffs.
    I believe this completely. The injuries that this team has had there is no manager that would have them in a playoff spot at this point.

Minor league thread guys. Letís troll in the game thread Bol

So you ignore the facts you can actually check out for yourself by looking at game logs. Congrats, you are not only new to baseball but awful at math.
    Snarky. Thy name is brett. Where pray tell makes you say that I am "new to baseball"? And while you are explaining that, exactly what do you base your snide remark about my being awful at math?

To a guy that has played, coached, managed, and taught baseball at a pretty high level during my lifetime I think that I do know the game and its metrics pretty damned well. .270 BA with a .328 OBP, .420+ or so SP and .720+
    OPS are more than acceptable statistics normally for a player who in 2019 let the entire minor league white Sox prospects in over-all batting statistics including Robert.

Mercedes at one point in his career was a definite power hitting prospect. Clearly Hahn saw something when he was brought into their organization. Toe Knee wasn't around back then. Covid happened. He was an older prospect to boot. And he screwed up when he got his fame and attention and Toe Knee over-reacted and showed his *** to everyone that HE WAS THE MAN IN CHARGE. This HOF fossil should never have been hired and should be fired for his asinine decisions everyday in running this team.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 07-05-2022 at 01:55 PM.

I believe this completely. The injuries that this team has had there is no manager that would have them in a playoff spot at this point.
    Rubbish. Tony makes bad baseball decisions in virtually every game they play. How about the decision yesterday to pinch run Burger for Vaughn? How was that a smart decision? Why take your one or two best hitters out of the game when it is scoreless?

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast