Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'm confused, why is this being argued in 2 separate threads lol. How about Oscar Colas though. He's good. MiLB thread. Talk about it.
    Oscar still needs more time in the minors. I would not rush him.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Colas could benefit from weight loss and physical conditioning (as most of us could...) but even as things stand, he might be a better option than Sheets as a DH and occasional RFer.
    Then again, maybe I am watching too many video highlights of Colas raking at Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Colas could benefit from weight loss and physical conditioning (as most of us could...) but even as things stand, he might be a better option than Sheets as a DH and occasional RFer.
    Then again, maybe I am watching too many video highlights of Colas raking at Birmingham.
    He whiffed three times yesterday. He needs more time for my tastes.
    And we have enough DH guys already. No need for more.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

IF only he was the missing piece ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I just still am pissed that they didn't do what it takes to bring in a quality left handed hitting right fielder and a quality second baseman. If they had, we would have had the division locked up and ready to be a favorite in the play-offs. There is no excuse. Its just cheap assed Reinny to blame.

Colas would not be here to DH. Hed be one of our best OFs defensively off the bat. All the free runs we give up from out OFs terrible armsthats not a Colas problem.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    He whiffed three times yesterday. He needs more time for my tastes.
    And we have enough DH guys already. No need for more.
    3 K game sandwiched between 2-4 and 3-5. You know who Ks a ton? Mike Trout. When you hit .320+ With power no one cares.

3 K game sandwiched between 2-4 and 3-5. You know who Ks a ton? Mike Trout. When you hit .320+ With power no one cares.
    You know who whiffs more? Oscar Colas. He needs more control. If he's struggling with whiffs in AA it's going to be much, much worse in the bigs. And that average won't be there for him.

He still needs to learn. I don't want him rushed and possibly lost because of that rush.

Oscar still needs more time in the minors. I would not rush him.
    He's real close to being ready and he'll be 24 next month so he's not all that young. He seems to be up for the challenge!
    We Gotta Believe!

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanSince63 View Post
    He's real close to being ready and he'll be 24 next month so he's not all that young. He seems to be up for the challenge!
    Im willing to give him a look. We talk about a team not hitting HRs and hes the one Guy in our system hitting them consistently. While hitting well into the .300s.

He missed two years of play. He's got to do a better job where he's at before getting that promotion.

Im willing to give him a look. We talk about a team not hitting HRs and hes the one Guy in our system hitting them consistently. While hitting well into the .300s.
    His start to AA was very impressive. 455/500/977 (first 8 games) 15% k rate
    Since still very good 286/394/554 but a K rate of 34%

Let's get him some time to work on his whiffing.

He missed two years of play. He's got to do a better job where he's at before getting that promotion.

Gosh, you are right! He needs to do a better job on his .321 batting average!
    Or is it his .386 OBP that bothers you?
    Maybe it's even his OPS of .924?

17 home runs and 64 RBIs in 82 games could sure use a boost as well!
    We Gotta Believe!

Gosh, you are right! He needs to do a better job on his .321 batting average!
    Or is it his .386 OBP that bothers you?
    Maybe it's even his OPS of .924?

17 home runs and 64 RBIs in 82 games could sure use a boost as well!
    Way to miss the very next post. Congrats to you!

Leury to the DL. Romy up. I woulda went Yolbert but they probably didnt wanna make a 40 man decision. Then again, Romy since returning in August has 4 HRs and is hitting over .400. Playing the hot hand is probably smarter.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 08-17-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast