Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Official: Tony La Russa Will Not Return in 2023

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...54491723935744

Chicago #WhiteSox manager Tony La Russa will be out indefinitely while undergoing further testing with his personal doctors in Arizona.

Pretty much CALLED IT in the rest of the season thread. It'll be very interesting to see how this all plays out. It could be legit. It could be some kind of ploy of sorts. I'm sure the rumor mill has already started. The bad news is that the key word is "indefinitely: out.

I actually feel sorry for LaRussa. Came out of retirement thinking he was going to be managing a team in contention for a championship, and instead ends up with this lame roster full of lazy, fragile, baseball morons.
    I wouldnít wish managing this team on my worst enemy. TLR is lucky it just laid him up and didnít kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I actually feel sorry for LaRussa. Came out of retirement thinking he was going to be managing a team in contention for a championship, and instead ends up with this lame roster full of lazy, fragile, baseball morons.
    I wouldnít wish managing this team on my worst enemy. TLR is lucky it just laid him up and didnít kill him.
    Not me. He lost this team last season and should have quit then. He made the stupid line-ups and made bad decisions regarding the roster members and played players who should never have been on the team in the first place.

I don't wish him any bad will, but he always was a drunk and an a-hole.

I feel bad for him. Most of this roster was put in place, long before LaRussa was hired.

I feel bad for him. Most of this roster was put in place, long before LaRussa was hired.
    I think that with a different manager who could motivate players and demand hustle and take care of the little things that win titles, the Sox would win this division by 7-8 games. LaRussa alone lost at least 12 games each of his two seasons. Instead, he wasted a top notch starting pitching group and a top three closer. Thebottom of the roster for two years has been pathetic and yet he played guys hitting .170-.200. THAT'S ON TONY.

No. The roster is flawed.

I FOUND IT INTERESTING THAT THE SOX PLAYERS FOUND THIS OUT ON TWITTER. SUCH A LOW CLASS OUTFIT.

No. The roster is flawed.
    I believe that tony set the roster.

I also believe Tony and Co are largely responsible for the energy and feel of the clubhouse. I believe the reason we're seeing a team wide lull this season is directly due to TLR.

He has not been aware of the rules more than one time. He has been made fun of by other managers and experts for how he has handled strategy and injured players.

Now, the players have to take plenty of accountability to more forward - AND Hahn as well. Nothing is 100 percent.

It's been a **** show by the players , the coaches, and Hahn

But I believe this team wins at least 1 playoff series between last season and this season if you replace with a middle of the road manager that at least fires the team up.

We're never going to agree. This is what JR gambled for when he brought TLR in.

World series or bust, and this team is legitimately bad.

Loon at their run differential - they're LUCKY they're mediocre this season lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 09-01-2022 at 01:02 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

https://theathletic.com/realtime/1nK...pp_brief_share

The players love Tony. No one isnít trying because of Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post

These are all professional athletes, they aren't going to bad mouth the guy in public.

If you listen to a lot of interviews from people they have said Tony is just a long for the ride and doesn't know what's going on half the time. Eno Sarris of The Athletic and Fangraphs has said this numerous times on 670TheScore.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post

To add to what DaSox said, whether they "like" him doesn't indicate whether he energizes the group or is leading them well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

TLR ruined this team. He took away their spirit and their joy.
    As constituted - they were not good enough to win the world series, but they were a playoff caliber team.
    PR or spin it however you want, the Sox would have been better off with Renteria.

I don't hate Tony, but he should have never been brought back, not in 2021. There were rumors back in 2011, and he most certainly would have been a better choice than Ventura, but whatever.

Enjoy your retirement Tony - Thanks for 1983.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    I believe that tony set the roster.
    Most of the players you have been complaining about all season were here long before LaRussa. Unless you somehow believe that LaRussa was involved with signing injury prone players to guaranteed contracts, before they ever played an MLB game. Or if you think LaRussa was involved with the drafting of 1B/DH types back in 2017.
    Regarding the managing. Yes, LaRussa has made some poor decisions, but so has virtually every other manager in the game. Hinch, Baker, Baldelli and even Francona. If you sit there and cherry pick every decision that doesnít work, youíd have a laundry list for every manager. Itís the nature of the game.
    If youíve been paying attention, you may have notice a shift lately in where the blame is being focused. Away from LaRussa and on the roster construction, and this is by people with years of actual baseball experience, not the talking heads, and op-Edís in the Athletic. If you want to blame LaRussa for signing Cueto, go right ahead, but donít blame him for Grandal and the glut of 1B/DHs that have been in the organization well before he got here.
    Everyone needs to be held accountableÖeveryone! If you try to pin it on a scapegoat, then you are letting other guilty parties off the hook, and then nothing changes, and nothing improves.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast