Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    He is one of the few players that will actually get us something in return.
    There is no trade scenario that could actually happen, that would be smart for the Flyers with regard to Hart. Hart is a good goalie, with his potential still not achieved...This kind of thinking is why Bob is not a Flyer still 😆

Tomorrow we find out if we get that #1 pick! Bank it baby!!

With the way this season has gone....I wouldn't be shocked if we landed the #6 pick. Has anything good happened to this team this season?

It's not #6....but still had the damn Devils leapfrog us in the draft. Who we taking at #5?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    It's not #6....but still had the damn Devils leapfrog us in the draft. Who we taking at #5?
    One win and that would be us at our famed number two...could this be a blessing in disguise for a team that has had so much bad luck at number 2? Maybe...

I think we are almost guaranteed a shot at one of Slafkovsky (likely going #2 thought), Cooley, or Savoie...I would not be disappointed with Kemell though...Nemec and Gauthier are fast risers in this draft too. I think Savoie would be my favorite at this point at 5 though.

we're still in a great spot. As long as we get one of nemec, cooley, slaf, or jiricek. I think it will go wright, cooley, nemec, and we get one of slaf or jiricek. All depends who wants defense and goes nemec. I can't see the devils getting nemec as they have severson, smith, hughes, and hamilton.

So for sure:

montreal---wright
    devils---cooley or one of jiricek/slaf but my money is on cooley. I hate the devils and the fact they get cooley.
    arizona---nemec
    seattle---jiricek/slaf
    flyers---jiricek/slaf

both Arizona and seattle can use a top 4 rhd in nemec. Arizona could go offense tho but there's no way nemec falls to us as seattle would definitely go defense. I just hope chuck doesn't go rogue man...this is a layup. Just pick whoever is left of those 5.

we are gonna **** this up drafting a need over best available. No doubt in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    There is no trade scenario that could actually happen, that would be smart for the Flyers with regard to Hart. Hart is a good goalie, with his potential still not achieved...This kind of thinking is why Bob is not a Flyer still 😆

Tomorrow we find out if we get that #1 pick! Bank it baby!!
    I agree, but from a stand point of trading people for something, he would get you the best return. I think if the defense was fixed he would take the next step.

Should the Flyers draft a Dman in the first round considering how long some defensemen take to develop? We're still waiting for Cam York among other prospects....they're just "not there" yet...

Should they definitely consider a F knowing this team is offensively deficient? Who knows....could they trade it for talent?

They've only picked #5 once....Serge Bernier (not any game breaker by any stretch of the imagination). Just not filled with a warm fuzzy feeling about the draft.

Best #5 picks since 1962 (arguably) - Offensively - Jaromir Jagr (PIT '90) and Defensively - Scott Stevens (WSH '82).

Should the Flyers draft a Dman in the first round considering how long some defensemen take to develop? We're still waiting for Cam York among other prospects....they're just "not there" yet...

Should they definitely consider a F knowing this team is offensively deficient? Who knows....could they trade it for talent?

They've only picked #5 once....Serge Bernier (not any game breaker by any stretch of the imagination). Just not filled with a warm fuzzy feeling about the draft.

Best #5 picks since 1962 (arguably) - Offensively - Jaromir Jagr (PIT '90) and Defensively - Scott Stevens (WSH '82).
    I dont know...After looking at the highlights, Kemell seems like he is animal. I might actually want him more than anyone else.

Just to start some crap and get some discussion..........I'd honestly be cool with packaging our 5 and Provy to MTL for the #1 pick. I'm sorry, but I don't think Provy is cutting it right now. Maybe ask for an extra pick back to make it even, but I think Wright is going to be a superstar in the league. I'd like it better if we packaged TK with the #5 pick, but if it came down to it, I'd do Provy and 5 for the #1. No one would like it right now, but come 2-4 years down the road when Wright is a 80-100 point player, and Provy is still struggling with his breakout passes and turnovers, it'd be a win.

I wouldn't hate that idea....Provy has seemed to have plateau'd in his play....I don't see him getting any better then what he is right now...and I don't see him as a guy who is really working on his game's flaws....

I like Wright's game....in a couple year's he could be our #1 or #2 center. I don't know if MTL would do it....the idea of Suzuki and Wright down the middle for the next 5-7 years is probably too good to pass up.

I wouldn't hate that idea....Provy has seemed to have plateau'd in his play....I don't see him getting any better then what he is right now...and I don't see him as a guy who is really working on his game's flaws....

I like Wright's game....in a couple year's he could be our #1 or #2 center. I don't know if MTL would do it....the idea of Suzuki and Wright down the middle for the next 5-7 years is probably too good to pass up.
    I think Wright would immediately step in an be our #2 Center only because of Couts being our #1. It would push Hayes to the #3 spot where he should be and would be a probably a top three 3C in the league. Our depth down the middle would be set for years at that point. The defense would need some work, but there's really no quick fix to that situation although York, Attard, and Sanheim are a good young trio. None of them are really top pair material, but Sanheim and even York have potential. If Ellis is healthy next year, you are putting a decent team on the ice with very high potential if you can nail a couple FAs...

If the dmen is nemec….hell ya draft him. Doubt he will be available. Thinking now devils might go a big wing in slaf or jiricek. Cooley goes to Arizona as they need a center. Seattle definitely needs a top d prospect

Wright
    Slaf or jiricek
    Cooley
    Nemec
    Slaf or jiricek for us.

Would love if Cooley or nemec fall to us tho

Giroux with 1 goal and 2 assists in game 6 OT win. His assists were both beautiful and the one in OT was a no look beaut. I jumped up and cheered when it happened. Love that guy. I hope he wins the cup and then comes back to us...I don't feel really confident of it though. He had 3 goals and 4 assists in 6 games. Not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Giroux with 1 goal and 2 assists in game 6 OT win. His assists were both beautiful and the one in OT was a no look beaut. I jumped up and cheered when it happened. Love that guy. I hope he wins the cup and then comes back to us...I don't feel really confident of it though. He had 3 goals and 4 assists in 6 games. Not bad...
    I don't think Bob can lead Florida to a cup, that looks like their weakness to me from watching the games. The Avs are going to be tough to stop. Plus Florida plays the winner of Leafs Lightning, that going to be a rough series.

Giroux was absolutely insane last game. Hell ya. Love to see it. I hope they kill tampa/Toronto. Sure bob is shaky but this team can score so many goals

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast