Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Busy weekend for me sorry guys lol. Recap, Dline is still good, Tua had his best practice on Sunday and the only mistake was an INT in a Hail Mary that the WR didnít track, Waddle and Tyreek are crazy good, run game looks decent, TEs are non-existent so far.

Team is off today and they have joint practices with Tampa tomorrow. Going into the joint practices hereís what Iím keeping my eye on.

1) Tua of course. Heís had a strong camp and even his lows have been alright. But this Tampa defense is a monster. They wonít let plays go on in joint practices like they have so far. Worried about how most of his misses are high over the middle so far in camp. Can he keep the big plays going?

2) Oline and the run game. No idea if we see Armstead but can the Oline hold on. This Tampa defensive line isnít the same it once was but still shows problems. From all reports AJ and Liam have looked like actual starters, but still not studs. I remember the Chicago practices really showed what this Oline was gonna look like. If they canít hold up on the pass, can they at least open up some running lanes against a stout defense?

3) Dline has been dominating since pads came on. Again, the Bucs Oline has changed a lot but should still be good. Can Wilkins and Phillips keep up the crazy plays theyíve been putting up? Get some good tests against above average talent like Shaq Mason and Donovan Smith. Then Phillips can get some real elite reps against Wirfs.
    The DL should be stout, but I'm curious on the LB unit against the Bucs. Can Riley really hold up in coverage? I'd love to see Tindall get more exposure, cause his speed is top notch.

I am so pumped to see Eich and AJ against this Bucs front. For good or bad, I want to see them against legit competition. Also very curious if Williams can start to get his snaps right.

Tua is going to have some picks during these practices. I know it. But these practices are used to help fix weaknesses, so if Tua is getting tipped or intercepted on throws with 25+ air yards, I'll be okay with it as long as it's something that is being worked on to correct the issues. Now if the dude is getting broken passes or INT'd on passes 0-15 yds, then I'm going to be worried.

Just hope for no injuries in these practices. Keep X, Armstead, Hill, Waddle and the like with minimal exposure if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    The DL should be stout, but I'm curious on the LB unit against the Bucs. Can Riley really hold up in coverage? I'd love to see Tindall get more exposure, cause his speed is top notch.

I am so pumped to see Eich and AJ against this Bucs front. For good or bad, I want to see them against legit competition. Also very curious if Williams can start to get his snaps right.

Tua is going to have some picks during these practices. I know it. But these practices are used to help fix weaknesses, so if Tua is getting tipped or intercepted on throws with 25+ air yards, I'll be okay with it as long as it's something that is being worked on to correct the issues. Now if the dude is getting broken passes or INT'd on passes 0-15 yds, then I'm going to be worried.

Just hope for no injuries in these practices. Keep X, Armstead, Hill, Waddle and the like with minimal exposure if possible.
    I think the LB unit will be fine like it has the past few years. Not great but if the Dline holds up theyíll be able to survive. And Iíve heard very little of Tindall which is understandable. This LB spot is so difficult in this defense that heís probably drowning in the details. Holland spoke last week about how everyone is moving so quickly in the starting defense because everyone knows it. I imagine that theyíll ease Tindall in and we wonít see much of him until midway through the year.

Even if the Oline loses a few reps, thatís fine. This is still a very good Bucs defense. It just canít be embarrassingly bad like last years practices. If you told me Liam canít hold up 1on1 with Vita Vea thatís one thing. But if we hear someone is on the ground all day then Iíll start to worry.

And youíre exactly right on Tua. Itíll be competitive. Theyíre a damn good secondary and theyíll get theirs. But he has to continue to look in control of the offense and have confidence in his presnap decisions. If weíre still seeing him get chunk plays and being aggressive while avoiding a meltdown of multiple picks Iíll be happy.

Albert Breer reports the Dolphins have had talks about trading Preston Williams and Lynn Bowden Jr. Both have had limited opportunities in camp w/ the presence of Waddle/Hill and the emergence of Erik Ezukanma and Braylon Sanders.

Man if you can get literally anything for them Iíll be happy.

Busy weekend for me sorry guys lol. Recap, Dline is still good, Tua had his best practice on Sunday and the only mistake was an INT in a Hail Mary that the WR didnít track, Waddle and Tyreek are crazy good, run game looks decent, TEs are non-existent so far.

Team is off today and they have joint practices with Tampa tomorrow. Going into the joint practices hereís what Iím keeping my eye on.

1) Tua of course. Heís had a strong camp and even his lows have been alright. But this Tampa defense is a monster. They wonít let plays go on in joint practices like they have so far. Worried about how most of his misses are high over the middle so far in camp. Can he keep the big plays going?

2) Oline and the run game. No idea if we see Armstead but can the Oline hold on. This Tampa defensive line isnít the same it once was but still shows problems. From all reports AJ and Liam have looked like actual starters, but still not studs. I remember the Chicago practices really showed what this Oline was gonna look like. If they canít hold up on the pass, can they at least open up some running lanes against a stout defense?

3) Dline has been dominating since pads came on. Again, the Bucs Oline has changed a lot but should still be good. Can Wilkins and Phillips keep up the crazy plays theyíve been putting up? Get some good tests against above average talent like Shaq Mason and Donovan Smith. Then Phillips can get some real elite reps against Wirfs.
    its ok stuff IRL comes first and between the two of us one or the other or both got it lol

Albert Breer reports the Dolphins have had talks about trading Preston Williams and Lynn Bowden Jr. Both have had limited opportunities in camp w/ the presence of Waddle/Hill and the emergence of Erik Ezukanma and Braylon Sanders.

Man if you can get literally anything for them Iíll be happy.
    i like both of them i understand where miami is coming from but in my opinion i wouldn't rush it

early version i know but i dont really dont like KR(frist two no) and PR(first three no) Preston Williams and Lynn Bowden Jr. if both or one not traded seems like a much better option
    Last edited by gambo1988; 08-08-2022 at 01:49 PM.

^^^^Preston being 2nd team is obviously just to try and draw up interest. Nearly everyone I listen to has guys like Sherfield, Sanders, and even Sanu over him and LBJ.

Ingram over AVG is interesting. Little and Coleman are battling for the swing tackle spot and by all accounts have been fine. Seen a lot of people say Smythe and Long are getting more work than Geiscki with the first team. Barry also hinted that Tyreek and Mostert have been primarily the ones handling the return spots. Desperately hope someone else steps.

Quote Originally Posted by gambo1988 View Post
    its ok stuff IRL comes first and between the two of us one or the other or both got it lol
    Youíre the reason I didnít worry about it Saturday night lol. I figured youíd just get the recap up so I appreciate it man!

Psych apparently joint practice is Wednesday.

And the game is Saturday Night IIRC. So now with 3 pre season games it is the second game that starters play the most, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    And the game is Saturday Night IIRC. So now with 3 pre season games it is the second game that starters play the most, right?
    Pretty much. You might see Tua this weekend but this is why teams are going to more joint practices. Youíll get the dress rehearsal against the Eagles and then the 3rd game is backups.

Pretty much. You might see Tua this weekend but this is why teams are going to more joint practices. Youíll get the dress rehearsal against the Eagles and then the 3rd game is backups.
    Ah, so they get the QB and some vets' work in under more controlled circumstances during the week. Then no need to play them in the game or at least not as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Ah, so they get the QB and some vets' work in under more controlled circumstances during the week. Then no need to play them in the game or at least not as much.
    Exactly. These joint practices are just as good as a preseason game for getting you real reps. A few years ago you would get maybe one joint practice a season. Nowadays nearly every team is doing 2 to replace the preseason games.

Youíll still see some starters this week. Iíd expect guys like Hill, Armstead, and X to sit but Youíll still get some quality reps in the game. But the main purpose of the preseason games now is about creating the game day environment and getting the team prepared for a the actual setting.

Iíll post some more recaps later today, but the summary of the practice was good. Offense was a little conservative. Tua spoke after practice that the Bucs played a lot of off man coverage so it was a little different than what theyíve been playing against. But no mistakes from Tua. Just no massive game changing plays. But he did attack the middle and pick up some gains. Run game was non existent (to be expected against this defense) but the Oline was murdered!

Defensively it was an absolute beat down for our guys. Noah had a rough day, but the Dline carried this momentum over. Didnít hear from JP but the interior guys feasted all day. There was a 3 play sequence where Sieler got a ďsackĒ 2 straight plays followed by Ogbah getting a sack that they let Brady play through. Apparently the only time Tampa moved the ball was on screens (LB play) and then a final big chunk play Noah gave up in a 2 minute drill.

Iíll post some more recaps later today, but the summary of the practice was good. Offense was a little conservative. Tua spoke after practice that the Bucs played a lot of off man coverage so it was a little different than what theyíve been playing against. But no mistakes from Tua. Just no massive game changing plays. But he did attack the middle and pick up some gains. Run game was non existent (to be expected against this defense) but the Oline was murdered!

Defensively it was an absolute beat down for our guys. Noah had a rough day, but the Dline carried this momentum over. Didnít hear from JP but the interior guys feasted all day. There was a 3 play sequence where Sieler got a ďsackĒ 2 straight plays followed by Ogbah getting a sack that they let Brady play through. Apparently the only time Tampa moved the ball was on screens (LB play) and then a final big chunk play Noah gave up in a 2 minute drill.
    I totaly read your thing about the D wrong the 1st time, thought you said we got beat down haha.

But yeah from what I saw we kept them out of the endzone all practice. Two edge sword when Tua has been able to score on our own D pretty well.

Found out my GF scored free tickets to the game Sat night so I'll get to watch the 3rd and 4th stringers fight it out on the field.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456