Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,261
    Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer

    1h
    Over his last 15 games, Quickley is averaging 15/5/4, while shooting 41% from deep.

    Only six players have matched or exceeded IQ's total number of points, boards, dimes and 3PTs in March:

    Luka Doncic, Jayson Tatum, LaMelo Ball, Kevin Porter Jr., Miles Bridges and Kevin Durant.
    Quote Tweet
    Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer
    ∑ 2h
    The Knicks should make the most of their final 5 games by throwing Immanuel Quickley into the deep end of the pool.

    Start him and point guard and play him 40 minutes a night.

    1. He's 100% earned it.
    2. It benefits the team.
    3. NY has nothing to lose.
    https://tommybeer.substack.com/p/thi...at-pg-over?s=w
    Show this thread
    Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer

    2h
    Alec Burks ranks tenth in mins among all NBA players in March.

    (Keep in mind, NY's loss to the Suns on March 4 dropped New York 13 games under .500)

    Over the last two weeks (a seven-game sample size), Burks has played more minutes than all but two players in the entire league.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,261
    Total Minutes played in March:
    Alec Burks: 535
    Nikola Jokic: 510
    Joel Embiid: 495
    Karl-Anthony Towns: 463

    Minutes per game in March:
    Alec Burks: 33.5
    Giannis Antetokounmpo: 33.4
    Steph Curry: 33.1
    Ja Morant: 33.0
    Chris Paul: 33.0
    Jimmy Butler: 32.5

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Thibs loves Burks.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,168
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Thibs loves Burks.
    Might as well just extend him now. Pick up the TO, and tack on 5 years. Make sure he never wears another uniform

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    67,109
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Might as well just extend him now. Pick up the TO, and tack on 5 years. Make sure he never wears another uniform
    He plays 1 through 4


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,168
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He plays 1 through 4


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím sure he could play small-ball 5 too. Why not..

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4,550
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He plays 1 through 4


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With elite rim protection

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4,664
    At least Alec Burks can stay healthy and play...

    The Knicks have $23M invested in Kemba Walker and Derrick Rose next season.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    At least Alec Burks can stay healthy and play...

    The Knicks have $23M invested in Kemba Walker and Derrick Rose next season.
    They are all expirings, if you paid attention to this years trade deadline, expiring contracts were worth their weight in gold, so there is that and Burks if he continues as he's playing will be very valuable to a contender and he's expiring best of both worlds.

    Add in Noel who you seemed to leave out, he's played how many games? And how well when he did play?

    so Knicks have value for next years deadline at 44m, if the FO has any clue at all this could be something really good for our future.

    add that to next year having two first round picks the FO is set up well for the deadline next year.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,168
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    They are all expirings, if you paid attention to this years trade deadline, expiring contracts were worth their weight in gold, so there is that and Burks if he continues as he's playing will be very valuable to a contender and he's expiring best of both worlds.

    Add in Noel who you seemed to leave out, he's played how many games? And how well when he did play?

    so Knicks have value for next years deadline at 44m, if the FO has any clue at all this could be something really good for our future.

    add that to next year having two first round picks the FO is set up well for the deadline next year.
    They are, assuming they know what they are doing

    Thatís why Iím saying not to make any moves long term, that donít defintiely make sense.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,261
    The sad thing about Fourn is he is a victim of a poor roster for him to play on and especially start.

    Having both Randle and RJ and Mitch and no true PG in the starting lineup (Burks), think about Fournier's game and who is on the court with him? Burks can shoot but he's the PG who has really no true PG skills, no one will every accuse Mitch of being a point center, and RJ and Randle are both guys that are Iso guys that I have to get mine?

    Maybe something will change but if not Fourn is not right for this team especially starting but there is no way you can't like his shooting ability, he can drive and he is just an all around good person!


    Evan Fournier
    @EvanFourmizz
    ∑ 4h
    Knicks Twitter : I met a supercool fan with #94 Fournier Knicks jersey outside of MSG after last game. If you are on Twitter holla at me brother, I got a #13 for you !

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,261
    To add to the above about Fourn this actually helps my point:


    RJ Barrett and Julius Randle are both averaging exactly 20.1 points and shooting 41.2 and 41.1 percent, respectively. That ranks them 101, 102 in NBA for players with minimum requirements of shots.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,168
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    The sad thing about Fourn is he is a victim of a poor roster for him to play on and especially start.

    Having both Randle and RJ and Mitch and no true PG in the starting lineup (Burks), think about Fournier's game and who is on the court with him? Burks can shoot but he's the PG who has really no true PG skills, no one will every accuse Mitch of being a point center, and RJ and Randle are both guys that are Iso guys that I have to get mine?

    Maybe something will change but if not Fourn is not right for this team especially starting but there is no way you can't like his shooting ability, he can drive and he is just an all around good person!


    Evan Fournier
    @EvanFourmizz
    ∑ 4h
    Knicks Twitter : I met a supercool fan with #94 Fournier Knicks jersey outside of MSG after last game. If you are on Twitter holla at me brother, I got a #13 for you !
    He hasnít even been that bad. Heís doing what was expected. And heís handled it like a complete pro. No meltdowns, no sulking, no complaining. And still shooting well, despite completely not fitting with the lack of team play, and pretty much complete lack of offense we run

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,261
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    He hasnít even been that bad. Heís doing what was expected. And heís handled it like a complete pro. No meltdowns, no sulking, no complaining. And still shooting well, despite completely not fitting with the lack of team play, and pretty much complete lack of offense we run
    he did go public a couple times about the starting unit not fitting in and other things he mentioned but he was just being honest.

    I'd say we'd have to lose Randle who is extremely now redundant with RJ for Fourn to work well, or move him to the second unit, which won't happen.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,261
    Damn shame!

    Fred Katz
    @FredKatz

    2h
    Quentin Grimes is OUT for tomorrowís game against the Cavaliers, Tom Thibodeau says.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •