Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Draft

2022 Draft

Ideally I'd like a high BBIQ big who is good at going after offensive boards.

I really liked Tari Eason ... not super big but a really good defender and very aggressive offensive rebounder ... but he's moved up the boards to the point he likely won't be there.

My guess is they'll go for some super raw young big.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Ideally I'd like a high BBIQ big who is good at going after offensive boards.

I really liked Tari Eason ... not super big but a really good defender and very aggressive offensive rebounder ... but he's moved up the boards to the point he likely won't be there.

My guess is they'll go for some super raw young big.
    We already have one of those… I think they look for a back up PG but in the traditional mold. Wouldn’t be shocked to see another big tho. Someone in the Damian Jones mold.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    We already have one of those… I think they look for a back up PG but in the traditional mold. Wouldn’t be shocked to see another big tho. Someone in the Damian Jones mold.
    Just because they have them doesn't mean they don't need more.

They've been pushing Poole to be more of a PG, and have Poole and Moody as the next backcourt already. The one "young" position they don't have on the roster is the 4 (if, like me, you put Kuminga at 3).

Just because they have them doesn't mean they don't need more.

They've been pushing Poole to be more of a PG, and have Poole and Moody as the next backcourt already. The one "young" position they don't have on the roster is the 4 (if, like me, you put Kuminga at 3).
    No doubt. Honestly I expect them to take a very raw high reward high risk player.

Yea Kuminga is def a 3 that will play some small ball 4. I get what you’re getting at. It makes sense on paper but idk. Just gut feeling that we go for a traditional pg to give themselves another distributor. Especially with it likely being Iggys last year.

No doubt. Honestly I expect them to take a very raw high reward high risk player.

Yea Kuminga is def a 3 that will play some small ball 4. I get what you’re getting at. It makes sense on paper but idk. Just gut feeling that we go for a traditional pg to give themselves another distributor. Especially with it likely being Iggys last year.
    Realistically they should go for the best player available regardless of position ... I just hope that player is a big

A lot of movement in the area from the bottom of the lottery to the end of the 1st.

Players I'd like
    Jalen Duren
    Tari Eason
    Kendall Brown
    Patrick Baldwin Jr
    Josh Minott
    Nikola Jovic

They are all either players who are great athletes with questionable games, or good all-around players who have limitations on one side of the ball or the other.

A lot of movement in the area from the bottom of the lottery to the end of the 1st.

Players I'd like
    Jalen Duren
    Tari Eason
    Kendall Brown
    Patrick Baldwin Jr
    Josh Minott
    Nikola Jovic

They are all either players who are great athletes with questionable games, or good all-around players who have limitations on one side of the ball or the other.
    Yeah only players who could fall to Golden State would either be Patrick Baldwin Jr or probably Josh Minott. The others will get taken way before Golden State even tries to draft them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah only players who could fall to Golden State would either be Patrick Baldwin Jr or probably Josh Minott. The others will get taken way before Golden State even tries to draft them.
    I've seen all of them except for Duren in mocks in the mid 20s. But I agree that it's a bit of a dream the Warriors get the top few names on that list. Maybe someone is willing to trade

Did a deep dive on Baldwin Jr and nooooooooope. There is literally nothing special about him, and the things that look decent in his game have shown no development. To me he looks like a real risk to bust.

In the top 10 I think Daniels is under-rated. I think Eason is under-rated too, but some of that is his age ... I think he is a better shooting, more athletic Draymond without some of the leadership/manic drive to win. At the beginning of the season I had hopes both of them might be available when the Warriors picked but unfortunately people saw them

My favorite players who the Warriors have a chance at at 28 (however slim they might be) in order by my personal preference:
    Kendall Brown
    Jake LaRavia
    Nikola Jovic
    Christian Braun
    Wendell Moore
    EJ Liddell
    Dalen Terry

I think the Warriors use age in their grades more than other teams.

My guess is they take a couple fliers on young players with potential in the 2nd who get stashed unless they blow them away at camp.

Did a deep dive on Baldwin Jr and nooooooooope. There is literally nothing special about him, and the things that look decent in his game have shown no development. To me he looks like a real risk to bust.

In the top 10 I think Daniels is under-rated. I think Eason is under-rated too, but some of that is his age ... I think he is a better shooting, more athletic Draymond without some of the leadership/manic drive to win. At the beginning of the season I had hopes both of them might be available when the Warriors picked but unfortunately people saw them

My favorite players who the Warriors have a chance at at 28 (however slim they might be) in order by my personal preference:
    Kendall Brown
    Jake LaRavia
    Nikola Jovic
    Christian Braun
    Wendell Moore
    EJ Liddell
    Dalen Terry

I think the Warriors use age in their grades more than other teams.

My guess is they take a couple fliers on young players with potential in the 2nd who get stashed unless they blow them away at camp.
    Would go Jovic, Braun or Liddell if I'm the Warriors with the 28th pick

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Would go Jovic, Braun or Liddell if I'm the Warriors with the 28th pick
    None of them may be available.

Jovic is who I want. I think he’s boom bust but he’d fit seamlessly into what we do and we can afford to sit on him for a year or two while he adjusts. I just don’t see a chance that he’s there at 28. Someone will gamble on him before we get a chance.

Jovic is who I want. I think he’s boom bust but he’d fit seamlessly into what we do and we can afford to sit on him for a year or two while he adjusts. I just don’t see a chance that he’s there at 28. Someone will gamble on him before we get a chance.
    There are a bunch of guys that description could fit

There are a bunch of guys that description could fit
    True but I suspect that it will predominately be G or SF but not a potential high level big man.

True but I suspect that it will predominately be G or SF but not a potential high level big man.
    I guess it depends what you consider "big" ... I'd like a player who can get some minutes at 4 if not have that as a primary position.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast