Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I guess it depends what you consider "big" ... I'd like a player who can get some minutes at 4 if not have that as a primary position.
    Yea Iím talking about a primarily PF maybe small ball C.

Edit: basically looking to fill out the future.

We got:

Poole
    Moody
    Kuminga
    ?
    Wiseman

Wiseman is still a huge wildcard but still thatís the thought process. Who starts to take that Dray role. Maybe not the defender he is with Kuminga here but point forward.
    Last edited by TrueFan420; 06-08-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Yea Iím talking about a primarily PF maybe small ball C.

Edit: basically looking to fill out the future.

We got:

Poole
    Moody
    Kuminga
    ?
    Wiseman

Wiseman is still a huge wildcard but still thatís the thought process. Who starts to take that Dray role. Maybe not the defender he is with Kuminga here but point forward.
    There are a bunch of raw center prospects around 28 and later too. Some are just centers some can slide down to 4.

Kessler, Kamagate, Diabate, Koloko, Jaylin Williams, Robinson.

Players who are primarily a 4 is really weak in this draft after the top 10 and that list is essentially just Liddell who is interesting. Some say he's a defensive beast and I don't really see that. That said he'd certainly bring something the Warriors don't have now.

There are a bunch of raw center prospects around 28 and later too. Some are just centers some can slide down to 4.

Kessler, Kamagate, Diabate, Koloko, Jaylin Williams, Robinson.

Players who are primarily a 4 is really weak in this draft after the top 10 and that list is essentially just Liddell who is interesting. Some say he's a defensive beast and I don't really see that. That said he'd certainly bring something the Warriors don't have now.
    Yea Liddell would be interesting but I donít think he will be there. Iím not particularly interested in a C with wiseman coming back but it wouldnít be the worst thing either.

Yea Liddell would be interesting but I donít think he will be there. Iím not particularly interested in a C with wiseman coming back but it wouldnít be the worst thing either.
    Kessler is the only one who is really a traditional center only center. The rest of that list are athletic enough to slide down to 4. But part of that too would be that Wiseman may not be able to play 20 minutes a game so having Wiseman, Looney, and a rookie could make some real sense.

Kessler is the only one who is really a traditional center only center. The rest of that list are athletic enough to slide down to 4. But part of that too would be that Wiseman may not be able to play 20 minutes a game so having Wiseman, Looney, and a rookie could make some real sense.
    Iíd rather a vet added at C. Itís a position that generally takes some time to develop into.

Iíd rather a vet added at C. Itís a position that generally takes some time to develop into.
    True, but the Warriors just did the whole thing with Looney and not much else, so Looney and Wiseman and a rookie big is a fine place to start. From what I see there are not many veteran bigs worth the minimum.

would pj tucker be worth considering as a back up? i wouldnt mind bringing damian jones back either

Warriors have the 28th pick but who do y'all take at #28

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Warriors have the 28th pick but who do y'all take at #28
    Brown, Terry, LaRavia, Braun, Diabate, Liddell, and on and on. From about 15 down there is a crazy amount of variance in projections.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2022-nba-draft

this is interesting. warriors are going to have to add 3-4 players to the roster this summer. I dont think paying a 28th pick is the most expensive way to go. it might be slightly higher than many ver minimums but the guy is locked up for 3-4 yrs. im not sure giving up the draft pick makes sense JUST to save cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2022-nba-draft

this is interesting. warriors are going to have to add 3-4 players to the roster this summer. I dont think paying a 28th pick is the most expensive way to go. it might be slightly higher than many ver minimums but the guy is locked up for 3-4 yrs. im not sure giving up the draft pick makes sense JUST to save cap space.
    I don't think they trade the pick just for cap space. If one of the players they want is gone then there is no reason to keep the pick. If there is a player there they like there isn't any issue using the roster spot on him.

I hope they keep it.

I don't think they trade the pick just for cap space. If one of the players they want is gone then there is no reason to keep the pick. If there is a player there they like there isn't any issue using the roster spot on him.

I hope they keep it.
    well they are picking 28th. hopefully they have a decent size list of players they would take if available. Some names on the list might be unlikely to fall to them. its unrealistic to be targeting a single player. I havent been hearing too much about what guys are being worked out though.

well they are picking 28th. hopefully they have a decent size list of players they would take if available. Some names on the list might be unlikely to fall to them. its unrealistic to be targeting a single player. I havent been hearing too much about what guys are being worked out though.
    The list is something like 30 guys worked out so far. I think the list is probably significant. I would give up both 2nds to move up a few spots in the 1st to go get "their guy".

That said, I'd be happy if the Warriors take 3 guys and develop them over several years.

would pj tucker be worth considering as a back up? i wouldnt mind bringing damian jones back either
    PJ is headed to 6ers and no I want someone with height. Iíd be ok with Jones on a vet min.

PJ is headed to 6ers and no I want someone with height. Iíd be ok with Jones on a vet min.
    That's just speculation at this point though right?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast