Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2022 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Yes but last year they didnt pre determine that players on the active roster would not be available for a minute all year (unless you count wiseman- where it didnt seem like they really wanted to activate him all yr). If you redshirt a guy- you are ruling out him playing AT ANY POINT during the year.
    They actually started last year with the plan to have no player in the 15th spot and fully knowing Klay and Wiseman would miss the first half of the season. So they had planned to go through half the season with just 12 players maximum. They signed GP2 back because they were so impressed and Steph and Dray were telling Bob to sign him (GP2 refused to leave the team when they cut him, he just kept practicing with them with no contract, pretty amazing).

The year 2 years before that they knew Klay wasn't going to play at all ... but they sucked so it mattered less.

PBJ has not been medically ruled out, he hopes to get good enough to play sooner than later. I just fully expect them to take the long view with his health, and he's been struggling with his ankle issues for around 2 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They actually started last year with the plan to have no player in the 15th spot and fully knowing Klay and Wiseman would miss the first half of the season. So they had planned to go through half the season with just 12 players maximum. They signed GP2 back because they were so impressed and Steph and Dray were telling Bob to sign him (GP2 refused to leave the team when they cut him, he just kept practicing with them with no contract, pretty amazing).

The year 2 years before that they knew Klay wasn't going to play at all ... but they sucked so it mattered less.

PBJ has not been medically ruled out, he hopes to get good enough to play sooner than later. I just fully expect them to take the long view with his health, and he's been struggling with his ankle issues for around 2 years now.
    If they knew wiseman was going to be out half the year- then they were lying. He was cleared to resume practice on october 15th. expecting it to take an additional 4-5 months to get on the floor is beyond being cautious........

the question is- do they "fully know" he is gonna miss all of the upcoming season as well?
    Last edited by likemystylez; 06-27-2022 at 09:02 AM.

If they knew wiseman was going to be out half the year- then they were lying. He was cleared to resume practice on october 15th. expecting it to take an additional 4-5 months to get on the floor is beyond being cautious........

the question is- do they "fully know" he is gonna miss all of the upcoming season as well?
    Okay, they knew before the season started that they would have limited time from wiseman during the season. He had several setbacks that they didn't plan for.

Nothing is known for sure.

Okay, they knew before the season started that they would have limited time from wiseman during the season. He had several setbacks that they didn't plan for.

Nothing is known for sure.
    I believe this is very likely true. however- this isnt really the implied messaging that was coming out of the warriors camp last fall. They made it seem like everything was on schedule and he should be back in a few weeks. then xmas came and they still had no clue when hed be back...

the concern though- is there a sincere plan to get him on the floor next yr or is it a bunch of bs like last yr?

then youll be on next summer acting like it was unreasonable to expect him to be back in 22-23. Everyone knows a meniscus tear is a 3-4 yr recovery time

btw- im pretty sure rob williams had the same injury and he was gutting his way through the finals in worse condition that james wiseman is right now

I believe this is very likely true. however- this isnt really the implied messaging that was coming out of the warriors camp last fall. They made it seem like everything was on schedule and he should be back in a few weeks. then xmas came and they still had no clue when hed be back...

the concern though- is there a sincere plan to get him on the floor next yr or is it a bunch of bs like last yr?

then youll be on next summer acting like it was unreasonable to expect him to be back in 22-23. Everyone knows a meniscus tear is a 3-4 yr recovery time

btw- im pretty sure rob williams had the same injury and he was gutting his way through the finals in worse condition that james wiseman is right now
    I don't think they lied, though I have no problem with them not telling the truth to fans. I think they hoped he'd be back multiple times and he kept having setbacks.

It's not what is "normal" recovery, it's what is within the window. Jaren Jackson Jr took 14 months to come back from it so it's not unheard of. There isn't much history of 7 footers coming back quickly from a severe tear and then not having a chronic problem. I hoped last year Wiseman would come back and stay healthy, I still have the same hope, but I've also said multiple times that this is year is pretty much his last chance.

But who on the Warriors had ankle issues when they first came into the league? Steph did and look at what Steph became

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    But who on the Warriors had ankle issues when they first came into the league? Steph did and look at what Steph became
    Riiiiight, because what defined Steph's college career was his poor athleticism and poor shooting. PBJ and Steph are just the same.

I've repeatedly said that PBJs peak will be determined largely by the work he's willing to put in. Steph was and still is the hardest working guy on the Warriors. He works SO hard away from the game thousands of fans show up early ON THE ROAD just to watch his warmups. If PBJ goes that hard I bet he'll be a steal of a pick. If he goes the Malik Beasley route he'll be out of the league in a few years.

LOl so ryan rollins is out for all of summer league with a fractured foot. However- he participated in EVERYTHING at the combine. He had the fastest 3/4 quart sprint at like 3.06 seconds. did he do that on a broken foot or did he break his foot afterward? or is there something weird going on?

also- as expected- wiseman has been pulled from the first summer league in SF. LOL he was a 90% chance just last week. the guy needs reps, they need to take the training wheels off and let him get out there and play. It really doesnt seem like the urgency is there
    Last edited by likemystylez; Yesterday at 03:51 PM.

LOl so ryan rollins is out for all of summer league with a fractured foot. However- he participated in EVERYTHING at the combine. He had the fastest 3/4 quart sprint at like 3.06 seconds. did he do that on a broken foot or did he break his foot afterward? or is there something weird going on?

also- as expected- wiseman has been pulled from the first summer league in SF. LOL he was a 90% chance just last week. the guy needs reps, they need to take the training wheels off and let him get out there and play. It really doesnt seem like the urgency is there
    Fundamentally that is a difference between us. I don't want injured players to be pushed to play injured. I want them to play when they are no longer injured.

What I do have a problem with is how the trainers don't seem to doing a great job reducing the frequency of injuries or of getting players past their injuries.

I would guess Rollins was hurt after the combine. Doesn't take much to get a stress fracture in your foot working out for teams, hopefully it's very minor. Stress fractures can become chronic and it would suck if the Warriors have 3 injury prone kids with foot/ankle/leg issues.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234